No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-02-19, 10:10pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
David, no... I don't mean that the bead would be made any differently. I mean how does one of these beads look when it's being worn against the body (light entering but not exiting), as opposed to being photographed in a light box?
Yes, I would like to see it photographed on a solid background too. Any chance of you providing a picture like that?

Patsy

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-19, 11:38pm

Here is a bead I made based on the tutorial. I didn't use the right DH glass for the mystery rings, but I love the bead anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-02-20, 7:51am

Oh Lisa, I love it!
Old 2012-02-20, 8:56am

Lisa and Patsy, I'm sorry I do not have any photos like that, I will see what I can do...

Thank you for posting! Lisa F. Your bead is lovely! I like the way that it is a Lisa bead, it definitely has your touch!

David

Old 2012-02-20, 10:36am
Storm Queen

That's gorgeous Lisa!

Old 2012-02-20, 10:39am

Thank you!

Old 2012-02-20, 11:31am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Very pretty Lisa!

Ebay:
Old 2012-02-20, 5:24pm

Lisa and Patsy, I have taken two photos, the top one is against a black background, with the bottom one against a white background. Ideally this should be done outside, but it is raining, so this is the best I can do at the moment.

Here are the results. Sorry about the reflection on the upper one. The camera settings were not changed for each photo, just the background. The bead is the one I made for the tutorial.

David

Last edited by blaqmor; 2012-02-20 at 5:30pm.
Old 2012-02-20, 6:41pm
Live and Let Live

Thanks David

Old 2012-02-20, 10:42pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Thank you.

Ebay:
Old 2012-02-21, 12:12am
Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaF View Post
Here is a bead I made based on the tutorial. I didn't use the right DH glass for the mystery rings, but I love the bead anyway.
Lisa, if you don't mind - what glass did you use instead of the one mentioned in the tut? You got great windows into it. I am out of the proper glass, the one mentioned, and have been experimenting with other reduction glasses (DH) - 2 of my local suppliers are out of the proper one. We do have about 6 or 7 other DH reduction glasses.

Thanks

and BTW your bead is STUNNING!

Old 2012-02-21, 2:53pm

David this is a wonderful tutorial and the bead that I made came out really great! My picture taking abilities does leave a lot of room for improvement so I have not taken a picture! I can not wait to experiment with other glasses to see what happens Thank you again for some wonderful information
Debi
Old 2012-02-21, 10:28pm

Hello Debi:

I am so happy that you like the tutorial; I would love to see your bead

I would really encourage anyone who tried the tutorial to post their results as well!

David

Old 2012-02-22, 11:38am

OK: For those that showed an interest in a modified technique.
As promised, here are some beads that I made yesterday. Both sides of two beads.

Kalypso

Aurae

I don't mind the first one, but the second one is not my cuppa tea!

David

Old 2012-02-22, 2:19pm

I think they are BOTH GORGEOUS!!!

Old 2012-02-22, 3:54pm

You are most kind, Lisa! Thank you!

David

Old 2012-02-22, 5:26pm
Burning Fingers!

I really like that aqua one David!

/
/
/

Old 2012-02-22, 7:13pm

Thank you Jane, it is my fave of the two also! I just wanted to show the different effects, since some folks were wondering...

David

Old 2012-02-22, 10:12pm

I love them. I am amazed that the Kalypso reads Aqua.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:08am

Thank you Carmen. Yes, it held it's color well, I thought.

David

Old 2012-03-12, 9:56am
tweetysweetie

David if that second one ain't your cup of tea? and since my tea cup is empty and my address is in RAOK?, you can just send it right along to me! Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. I got the tutorial, it is wonderful...up on the shelf until I get brave enough to try it.

Old 2012-03-12, 10:24pm

I just bought it! I am very much looking forward to learning how to make these beautiful beads. Will I recieve it in a separate email, or is it embedded into the email I recieved from Etsy, which looks only like a transaction receipt? I'm using an iPad.

Linda
Old 2012-03-13, 7:13am
tweetysweetie

Linda, David sends it directly to your email as a pdf, along with a nice note of thanks for the purchase. He answers/sends pretty quickly so be on the look out and let the fun begin!

Old 2012-03-13, 8:14am

Yep, he sent me a note along with the pdf this morning. He said he was already in bed when I purchased it last night. Hee hee! I really wasn't being impatient, I was just figuring it was going to be sent automatically. I get it now!

What a beautifully written tutorial, by the way! There are so many skills taught in this! I highly recommend it!

Linda
Old 2012-03-15, 8:01pm

Thank you for the compliments, Linda! I hope that you have fun with the tutorial!

David

'Alcyone'

Last edited by blaqmor; 2012-03-15 at 8:14pm.
Old 2012-04-18, 8:50am

Here is a different shape, using the techniques in the tutorial.

The ancient Greeks called her; "Amphinome"

"Goddess of the Seas' bounty"

David

Old 2012-04-18, 9:34am
Jacqueline Parkes

Sweet holy heck that is one gorgeous bead David! I have not tried your tutorial yet, I suck! there just isn't enough time in the day to do it all. Soon, I hope...

Old 2012-05-23, 8:01am

Thank you so much, Jacqueline! I hope that you have fun with it! How come time becomes shorter as time goes on?

David

Old 2013-05-07, 6:39pm
Senior Moment

Caliente pointed out to me that this thread existed (I had no idea - eeek!) so figured it was time to update it a bit!

While my guys don't compare to David's, they're happy lil spirits none-the-less. Some I followed best I could with what I had (ran out of one of the outer silver glasses, so I substituted with Elektra):

Closest to the Tut:
Name:  IMG_5861-001.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  47.2 KB

Elektra sub:
Name:  IMG_5877-001.jpg
Views: 1242
Size:  48.7 KB

Some of my own interpretations, sans outer layer:
Name:  IMG_5885-001.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  58.9 KB
Name:  IMG_5882-001.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  57.1 KB

Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2013-05-15, 1:23pm

I'm fairly new at this, and one of the main DH glasses that is recommended in David's tutorial is now discontinued, and I don't know how or what to substitute. David hasn't tried any substitutes yet (I asked), so if any of you could share what you are using, I would appreciate it!

Barbara