Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-03-14, 4:15pm
Dix Harrison

Default Display ideas for boro beads?

Would anyone be willing to share an idea or two for displaying boro beads? I have hundreds of "newbie" beads. Even though they would never be considered good enough for jewelry or other purposes, I sure wish I could figure out some way to display these beads in my studio. It seems a shame to have them just sitting in jars and boxes. Such pretty colors!
Old 2010-03-14, 4:40pm
Life is good

I saw a nice glass case mounted on the wall and lighted. It had those acrylic holders for the beads. It was pretty nice. I have been looking for a jewelry display case on craigslist for cheap. I'm curious what ideas others have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-14, 4:42pm

So I've always wanted to string them up and make a real glass bead curtain...you know 60's style in the doorway....wouldn't it be cool to have one made of real beads (even if they aren't firsts)? Let us know what you end up deciding to do.
Old 2010-03-14, 4:45pm
Life is good

That's a cool idea wonker. Nice pendant

Old 2010-03-14, 5:58pm
Marbles, dude, Marbles

After hundreds of beads none are good enough for jewelry? We need pictures; I'm thinking you are mistaken.

Old 2010-03-15, 9:07am
Dix Harrison

After reading posts about perfectly dimpled ends...I guess I was thinking beads must be executed VERY well in order to be usable. I have been fortunate to get some very nice boro color. But, I am super self-conscious about the shape of those bead ends. Should I be?
Old 2010-03-15, 9:09am
Dix Harrison

BTW: I very much like the idea of a bead curtain! If beads were hung in front of a window, it would take full advantage of the sunlight, wouldn't it? Great idea!
Old 2010-03-16, 5:57pm
Tamara Knight

if you are using a 3/32 mandrel you can buy bike spokes and keep the beads on the spokes. The spokes have a bend in them - I use the bend to hang them. This way they are out where I can find what I need when assembling stuff. I will try to post a pic later.
Old 2010-03-16, 10:15pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharrison View Post
After reading posts about perfectly dimpled ends...I guess I was thinking beads must be executed VERY well in order to be usable. I have been fortunate to get some very nice boro color. But, I am super self-conscious about the shape of those bead ends. Should I be?
Well...you kind of aim for perfection, but if the bead seems usable to YOU, considering your name is linked to it, then by all means attempt to sell it.

In the end it's a personal decision on where you set your own bar

If you're looking for something else to do with them, consider a donation to Beads of Courage.

|
|