Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-03-12, 10:35pm

Default Ga Magic Stix ETA? Sparkle Colors?

Howdy..

Anybody (like BRENT ) know an ETA for those Magic Stix? Gotta get me some of that Neptune stuff.. YUM!

Also.. any word on getting more sparkle colors?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-12, 11:11pm
flame licker

Gorgeous stuff - yea tell us please where and when ?
Old 2010-03-13, 1:38am
boro color bender

I don't know when... Thomas said he would be working on another combo soon... I expect to be chatting with them again soon. I'll keep you posted.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-03-13, 3:48am
Serenity Now!

Are there PICS anywhere that I don't seem to be seeing...of a finished piece (not the rods)? There's another thread going - no pics. What's UP with that, Boro folks?

Neptune Sparkle is a regular colour Lori - no need to wait for any type of fanfare, hype and ultimate/possible "release".

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-03-13, 11:14am
boro color bender

Tons of pics of my work with it... just look at my new fish... the darker bluish fins are Poseidon's Wrath... some of the first pics with lighter orangish fins are Tahitian Sunset...

and we're just talking about new products coming out as they are ready for release... not sure why you seem to have such a negative attitude about it... almost snarky... care to explain?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-03-13, 12:03pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for posting your pics, Brent. Nice fish - I look forward to seeing more of 'em... Sorry if you feel I came across as "snarky" as it wasn't my intention. It's just that ~ in a nutshell ~ I've been "taken" with some colours which have come out - and I am NOT talking only about Serendipity. Over the last 5 years, I've bought a lot of "new colours", "experimentals", and whatnot that just didn't "do it" for me, and I don't wanna get stuck with yet more glass for the dumpster, frankly....so now I'm in a "wait and see" mode.

That's all.

Well, and my post above is also 'cause it's been nearly one month since folks started posting about new colours, and yet other than yours, I haven't seen ANY pics from anybody, so that prompted me to ask...
"What's up with the Boro peeps, and where ARE everyone else's pics"?!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2010-03-15 at 5:35am.
Old 2010-03-13, 12:35pm
boro color bender

Glad to hear you weren't meaning to be snarky... I guess I'm of a different attitude towards new colors and products. I know that through my own experiments on the torch, some "new" things come out better than others. I also know that the glass companies encounter many of the same situations we do when attempting something "new" to them. All good things (most of them anyway), come in time. Some require great effort and cash. I know this from experience. I've traveled to Oregon and bought whole pots of color with my own cash to try something "new"... was it worth it? I'm not sure just yet... it will take time to see what develops, but I am excited. I'm happy to see somebody else putting some effort and cash into this layered cane. I see some good results so far, but I see even more possibilities on the horizon. It will surely benefit some more than others, depending on the style of work they do... for me, I layer one color over another all day long to achieve my end results... these products specifically will save me tons of time or maybe even make more things possible. I'll put my own time, energy and even my money into these ideas. I can see where "wait and see" is more economical... but if everybody did that, nothing would become of it and we'd have the same colors we are currently using forever more. That's not a future I'm all that interested in... so please, wait and see, while some of us get in there and mix it up a bit... we don't mind you using only the good stuff we come up with... just please don't try and discourage us from moving forward or others from helping us do so.

Old 2010-03-13, 12:46pm

I got a couple of the wizard sticks in a couple of orders I made during GA's anniversary sale ... but have been nervous to try them because I didn't want to ruin all of the glass in the sample before I got some idea how to make the best use of them (my boro experience is still pretty limited.)

Is the layering what makes them special?

Old 2010-03-13, 4:31pm
boro color bender

That's exactly what makes them special... when you layer one color over another, especially with boro striking colors, it changes how they look. I say go ahead and melt them... they were free samples to see what you can do with it, so go for it!

Old 2010-03-13, 6:10pm
The Battle of Boro Boro

I just wish I knew how to get more of it! A 5" stick is such a bad tease!

Old 2010-03-14, 11:28pm

oh. I meant Poseidon, not Neptune.. Got my water gods mixed up.

Yeah, I think the layering will be great for bead makers. You will cut time and be able to layer in much thinner layers.

Last edited by LampworkbyLori; 2010-03-14 at 11:30pm.
Old 2010-03-15, 5:21am
Serenity Now!

"just please don't try and discourage us from moving forward or others from helping us do so"... Brent, I understand your point - and agree with you for the most part. Really, all I am doing is asking to see pics of a product that came out more than one month ago. Eye-candy. It's NOT a fight I am out to pick, nor discouragement I wish to exude..... Your comment above borders on disparaging towards me, and is totally not who I am, nor where I'm coming from. I am thrilled with any and all advances in the Boro World.

... and it is not an "us" kinda thing, ya know? I AM part of the "us" that is the Boro movement. If you recall, I've had the Boro Box game going for several years now - basically filling up a Box with my own paid-for-by-me glass, spending my own personal time tracking and arranging for it to travel all around the US and Canada so Boro folk old and new alike could explore and create with new colours. I did it out of my love for Boro, and desire to share and be enthusiastic with other happy Boro people, so please don't try and make like I am not supportive of the Boro world.

That being said, there IS a difference however, when a person pays full price to "try out" these new and exciting "colour-tests", and others are able to try it for a lot less cost, if any at all.

I hope this helps to makes my position clear, as I don't want to bicker or anything, and truly don't want to appear less than the enthusiastic, appreciative and content woman that I am.

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2010-03-15 at 5:44am.
Old 2010-03-15, 5:23am
Serenity Now!

...and I'd still LOVE to see some pics from folk.....

Old 2010-03-18, 8:15pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LampworkLori View Post
oh. I meant Poseidon, not Neptune.. Got my water gods mixed up.

Yeah, I think the layering will be great for bead makers. You will cut time and be able to layer in much thinner layers.
No, you're right, they're the same guy, Poseidon is the Greek name and Neptune is the Roman name for the water god. You were just channeling your inner Roman!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb