LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2006-10-10, 11:27pm
First star on the right..

Default wow

Not sure if this is allowed or not.... but this is amazing!

http://www.schermobeads.com/beadmaking/beadmaking.html

What a great tut!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-10-11, 1:18am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

You think that is great..... you should read what Miss Schermo does with wonky beads!!! I just love this woman!

http://www.schermobeads.com/wonkybeads/wonkybeads.html

Old 2006-10-11, 3:24am
I'm a lilac!

Schermo is a treasure! I adore her completely. She is one of my heroes... just because she rocks.

Old 2006-10-11, 8:36am

What a great site. I have book marked it. She has a great sense of humour

Old 2006-10-11, 8:57pm
Corgi Cult Member

Love the disclaimer at the end of the wonkey bead ideas. Should be the motto for many people.
Kathy
Old 2006-10-12, 12:05pm
Professional Troublemaker

Thanks, guys. I really needed something to cheer me up today. Glad to hear that it's helpful.

Schermo

Old 2006-10-12, 12:10pm
Missing presumed fed

Overdose of Sharon?
Old 2006-10-13, 7:13am

I was so fascinated by this whole site! I have read it from cover to cover.. Schermo dear, your a GEM!

Old 2006-10-13, 7:27am
Shine your bright side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schermo
Thanks, guys. I really needed something to cheer me up today. Glad to hear that it's helpful.

Schermo
What a fabulous website!

You da bomb!

Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2006-10-13, 8:16am
birdergirl ~o~

Default Stringer with wonkies??

Does anyone ever make stringer with their wonkies ( making sure not to get bead release in it? Any tips?
Cadia

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2006-10-13, 8:37am
Born Facing Left

The lady is a born teacher, I'd love to meet her some day! Her website was one of the very first that I found when I was starting out, it was so helpful and encouraging!

Old 2006-10-14, 5:00am

Addendum for the humor impaired:
This segment of the website is intended as SATIRE and not to be taken seriously. Please do not attempt to use beads in any of the manners suggested if common sense dictates it could cause harm to people, animals or property. If you have no common sense to rely on, then just don't do it. It's probably a bad idea.

BWAHAHAHA! Now THIS is Good Humor! I Love You!

Old 2006-10-15, 4:18pm

I am honored to say that Ann (Schermo) is my bead teacher. She is kind, funny, generous, patient, witty, very detail oriented, very safety oriented, and the best teacher I could ever imagine.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to take a class with, party with or just sit at her feet and watch her torch, GO FOR IT!!!!!

Don't, however, take her course in selling!!! Having been her slave booth, just take my word for it!

Schermo Rocks!!

Last edited by Smiling Camel; 2006-10-15 at 4:23pm.
Old 2006-10-15, 6:12pm

I, too, have had the pleasure of taking Shermo's class. I was working in the VA Beach area as a temp and ta da...I found her!!! It was fabulous and I want to make it back for a visit sometime again...
She is such a patient and encouraging teacher and as you all have noticed, humor is a strength as well!!!
Thanks Shermo!!
Kristi
Old 2006-10-15, 8:38pm
Professional Troublemaker

Default Awww.... you guys......

Thanks for the kind words. I love to teach, and it's always nice to know that people actually look at the stuff on the website!! Think it's time to update it again???

Sharon & Kristi, it was an honor to work with both of you, and no, Emily, it's not an overdose of Sharon - You just can't get TOO MUCH of Sharon. (Okay, probably it is possible, but only when she's navigating from the back seat as I'm trying to read a map!!)

Thanks, buds.
Schermo

Old 2006-10-15, 8:51pm
Missing presumed fed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessKay
Not sure if this is allowed or not.... but this is amazing!
If you think that's amazing, watch this. (Yeah, I know you've seen it before, but isn't the Scherm family motto, "What's Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing?")

Old 2006-10-17, 9:17am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Camel
I am honored to say that Ann (Schermo) is my bead teacher. She is kind, funny, generous, patient, witty, very detail oriented, very safety oriented, and the best teacher I could ever imagine.

If anyone ever has the opportunity to take a class with, party with or just sit at her feet and watch her torch, GO FOR IT!!!!!

Don't, however, take her course in selling!!! Having been her slave booth, just take my word for it!

Schermo Rocks!!
Hi, enjoyed meeting you and Schermo's house the other night. Keep those mandrels spinning!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-10-17, 9:19am
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily
If you think that's amazing, watch this. (Yeah, I know you've seen it before, but isn't the Scherm family motto, "What's Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing?")

Yep, that's Schermo - classic!
Old 2006-10-17, 6:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamper
Hi, enjoyed meeting you and Schermo's house the other night. Keep those mandrels spinning!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again for trading beads and not making me feel like it was a pitty trade. Your beads are gorgeous. I appreciated your time and advice.

Hope that our paths cross again soon,
Sharon
Old 2006-10-18, 4:01pm
doyenne of the homebodies

Just wanted to stick my head in here and say....I heart Schermo!

Andrea
Old 2006-10-20, 6:19pm

Schermo held my hand via email, repeatedly, when I was brand spankin' new to lampworking, and droolingly excited, and incredibly, thuddingly dense about everything, posting all kinds of idiotic (if enthusiastic) stupidities on forums all over the web. She entirely and totally came to my rescue and got me past the scary stuff and behind my own torch setup. There was no reason for her kindness except to help a complete stranger -- that would be me -- feel comfortable and welcome. Shermo = goddess, if you ask me. Period.

--> Coming soon!
eBay: thegiddykitten
Old 2006-10-30, 3:12am
a Schermo apprentice

Ahrm, hrm, just wanted to say that I was Schermos very first student! (haven't been myself since...)
Old 2006-10-30, 5:56am
N2Beadz

I'm another student of Schermo's. My son and I both took her 3 day class along with another friend of mine, Lee. We had a blast. She was so patient and understanding. She's a real stickler on all the safety issues, which was great with an 11 year old and his blonde Mom in the same class. If I ever attempt a fraction of what she knows how to do on the torch I'll be a happy lampworker. I highly recommend her classes to all that have any interest in learning lampwork or just brushing up on techniques.

I caught a little earful of talk a while back about a possible how-to book by Schermo. I think it's just an idea at the moment, but that would be a real treasure to have on my book shelf. Oh, book shelf hell, it would be on the torch table with little burns on the pages from the use it would get.

Love the web site too! Great information and love the eye candy. I'm hooked on Schermo's ruffled focals. I have two of her larger focals that I treasure among my collectibles.

Schermo Groupee,
Donia