Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-03-21, 8:47am
Covered in glitter

Default Another implosion question

I pretty much love doing implosions. I just don't do them very well yet but I'm working on it. I've been using mostly crayon colors but would like to try other colors as well. I did use a striking color and it looked like it kind of fumed the glass as I was working. It's really pretty but just a little murky.
So anyway...what are some of the best colors to use? Is there a good way to keep things from fuming like mine did?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-03-21, 11:07am

Rubys can be imploded. Green AP has worked for me. You have to burn the haze off the rod like 3 times and then again before you put the dots on. Not as hazy as normal AP, but it needs to be kiln struck. Try caramel or butterscotch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-03-21, 8:45pm
ManBearPig

Some of my favorite colors:

Blue Moon
Amazon Night
NS Orange
Silver and/or gold fuming

Old 2010-03-22, 6:23am
Pyromaniac

Regarding the "fuming", can you post pix? Is there a haze inside the glass on the imploded portions or did you have surface problems? If it was inside the glass, try keeping it hotter, don't let it cool down as this promotes interior hazing. You can also try different clears as they yield very different results!

Turquesa and Irrid look really good in implosions - Irrid is more etherial, they're basically the same color except that Turquesa is much denser. try backing them with another color too. Elvis red or Pomegranate look great imploded too - again, back them for different looks (try a cadmium/crayon color for opaque reds).

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy