Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2005-06-12, 7:18pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Knobs - Drawer Pulls

I made this tutorial for a friend that lives a distance away and was struggling with how I make the pulls. I'm sure there are MANY way, but this works best for me.

I'd post a picture of a finished pull, but when I shrink the pixel # they photos get fuzzy! Sorry!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Drawer Pull Tutorial.doc (29.0 KB, 3311 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-06-12, 7:22pm
Where's the coffee?

Lynn~ I can't see the tutorial when I click it....What am I doing wrong? I just got an antique chest with drawers and I would love to make my own pulls for it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-12, 7:31pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonfireBeads
Lynn~ I can't see the tutorial when I click it....What am I doing wrong? I just got an antique chest with drawers and I would love to make my own pulls for it!
The tutorial is in a Word document - if you have MS Word you should be able to open and see....I thought I read somewhere on this forum that this type of document was OK. If you can't make it work and have a FAX number, PM me with the number and I'll FAX to you.

Lynn

Old 2005-06-12, 8:54pm
LE System Admin

I converted it to a pdf for those who can't view Word documents. I hope that is OK, Lynn. If not, let me know and I will delete this post

You'll need to have a PDF viewer like Adobe's free Acrobat Reader or Adobe Reader installed to view it. (http://www.adobe.com)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Drawer Pull Tutorial-1.pdf (35.0 KB, 1854 views)
Old 2005-06-12, 9:00pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

FANTASTIC~~ Now....if I could only do that....guess I have to buy that software! Thanks for the help, Jason!

Lynn

Old 2005-06-12, 9:06pm
LE System Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Irish Girl
FANTASTIC~~ Now....if I could only do that....guess I have to buy that software! Thanks for the help, Jason!

Lynn
You should always feel free to PM me any word documents that you want converted to PDFs and I'll convert them for you.
Old 2005-06-14, 12:17pm

Lynn thank you for the tutorial. I am going to give it a try as soon as I get my torches up and running.

Laurie
Old 2005-06-15, 8:29pm

Lynn...I followed your tut tonight and after my first pull finishes cooking...I'll post pics...but I have a question.

My threaded rod got so FRIKKEN HOT....my bead wasn't as good as it should have been. Any tips?

Cass

Old 2005-06-18, 9:35am

Do you have Microsoft Office (Word) It is a word.doc!
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonfireBeads

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-18, 6:46pm
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Hey, Cass! Just back from the Bead & Button in Milwaukee...so didn't get a chance to get back to you till tonoc. What torch are you using? I'm on a Minor with O2 concentrator. You should never be letting the flame touch the threaded rod - if that's not the case, try turning down the propane or up the O2 for a cooler flame....it will take a little longer to make the pull, but you will get there. Also try working out a little further in the flame. If you are still having trouble, PM me and I'll see if I can improve on the info! Hang in there....they are worth it!

Lynn

Old 2005-06-25, 8:32am
looking for work

Thanks lynn, I really want to try some of these...I just am not sure I would be able to concentrate long enough to make a set...Hey each of my cabinets could have a different one right??

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber