Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2008-02-22, 11:27am
Born on date: 11/3/09!

Smile I think I've decided-this a good choice?

I've been reading all of these posts, Dale's information, and other stuff on the web. My head feels like it is going to explode! So I was thinking- what if I want something hotter than a minor? Now they have the new mega minor and it is not much more costly than a regular minor. I've read through the posts that much of the heat comes from the concentrator. So a 10lpm oxycon will make for a hotter flame with a minor than a 5lpm oxycon.

I'll end up buying this stuff in steps until I have it all! I'm going with a mega minor and a 10lpm oxycon. My husband is going to fix me up with NG instead of propane. So- if I have an oxycon instead of tanked oxygen, and using the natural gas option instead of tanked propane- this helps me avoid a large portion of the hazards of having tanks anywhere in the garage or near the outside of the house, correct?

Now I just have to figure out the rest- if I read correctly from Dale's info- if I use this option I don't need regulators- is this correct? The NG is already regulated. So- I need my torch, my oxycon and my hoses- and I'm set, except for what DH needs to do to tap into the NG.

For someone coming from a HH- this is all VERY confusing. Now I have to decide where to purchase my stuff!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The little love of my life...
Old 2008-02-22, 12:12pm
Tinder Bloom Studio

If your using an oxycon you definitely don't need an oxygen regulator for that. I don't know on the NG but I would imagine you wouldn't on that either since its already low pressure. I'm sure someone else will chime in...