Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-25, 5:15pm

Default Bead Artists' Semi-Formal Dinner/Dance Gala Event

Hi all,

I have an idea that I wanted to share with all of you... it's still in the preliminary stages, but I wanted to see what kind of response I would get before getting too deep into the planning...

I want to host a "Bead Artists' Semi-formal Dinner/Dance Gala" in the Toronto-area for everyone in the Southern Ontario/Northern USA (or anywhere else in the world if you're willing to travel a bit! haha) I think it could be a really fun way to celebrate the art of beadmaking/jewelry making/seed bead art etc., together and get to know a lot of people and promote everyone's work!

I was thinking of hosting a dinner party in a hotel banquet hall... I would rent the hall for the party, catered food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and reserve a block of rooms for everyone who wants to or needs to stay overnight in the hotel. Spouses, significant others would be more than welcome, although I would say it wouldn't be an environment that young children would enjoy.

There would be door prizes, fundraising for charity, beady giveaways, contests, music, karaoke?, dancing (a more elegant/classical theme ... nothing too rowdy!), great food and drinks... it would be an awesome time to get to know each other, mingle with old friends, make new friends and share your passion and artistic creations!

Some questions I would appreciate you answering...

1. What ticket price/cover charge would you be willing to pay (per person) to cover the hall rental, food and drinks, karaoke rental, etc.. (Hotel costs would be booked separately as some people may choose not to stay the night)?

2. Would you be willing to pre-pay via PayPal or cheque? I think this would be the only way as I would have to book the hall/hotel/catering up front and I wouldn't want to be heavily out-of-pocket for these expenses myself! I would set up a small website with all the info and the option to pay via PayPal or credit card. I would provide all of my information (address and phone number, etc.) so that no one would feel as though they are paying for something with no way of contacting the host of the event.

Your tickets would be mailed to you prior to the event date, of course.

3. Would a weekend or weekday evening be best?
I was thinking a mid-winter "Winter Wonderland" theme would be very nice, possibly sometime in February, after the hectic holidays have passed.

4. What location would be most suitable or accessible for many of you?
Toronto, ON (would be a little more expensive)
Burlington, ON
Hamilton, ON
Toronto, ON
Niagara Falls, ON (would be a little more expensive)
Other?

In general, I want to get a feel for what everyone thinks about this!?

Please let me know any questions, concerns, and ideas you may have! Please be honest in your opinions... I want to hear any and all concerns and thoughts!

If you prefer to pm me, by all means please do ... or if you prefer to email me directly, you can do so at erin@airwynnglass.com.

Thanks! Looking forward to hearing from all of you!!

~Erin Maloney
AirWynn Glass Designs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-08-25, 7:02pm
Broken

I think it's a great idea, you could make it like a mini Canadian Gathering. I'd pick a city close to a decent airport and easy to east coast US people to get to.

Old 2009-08-25, 7:38pm
And silence is golden

OH a Cindarella Ball! I wish that I could go. Unfortunately there are no little birds to make me a dress. No pumpkins to get me there. No glass slippers to wear to the ball. I could probably be in by midnight so that I could catch up on my online nightowl activity!

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Unfortunately I live toooooo far away.