Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-09-11, 8:42am

Default Jeri Warhaftig in Rockville, MD October 22-24, 2010

We are very pleased to be hosting Jeri Warhaftig for two classes here at Accents Glassworks! You can book your seat online at the website too, just follow the link in the title (we accept major credit cards and PayPal too!)
Glass is NOT INCLUDED in this class - feel free to bring your own supplies, or purchase from our vast inventory here. More notes about classes offered are on the website, or you can always email or give me a call!

<3
Jody

#1..
October 22, 2010 – Tips and Tricks
This class is jammed full of techniques that make up the toolbox of the adventuresome beadmaker. In addition to blowing hollow beads on the “puffy mandrel” developed by the instructor, we will gain greater proficiency with the creation and use of complex colorful twisties, and the applications of silver leaf, reduction frit, and surface decorations such as dots. This class is designed to meet the needs of each student at their particular skill level. Class Fee: $175.00

#2..
October 23&24, 2010 - Demystifying Dichroic and Conquering Copper
Students are encouraged to begin to develop a personal voice in glass through the exploration and incorporation of dichroic glass, copper in many different forms (leaf, foil, aventurine). The class will focus on achieving well-executed bead shapes (such as round, bi-cone, pendant) that incorporate high quality dichroic-coated glass. Next we will incorporate the different forms of copper, with focus on clear encasing and avoiding SOOT! Using enamels, the class will coax color from copper. As time allows we will make dichroic-coated leaves and experiment with copper mesh. Class Fee: $350.00
301-770-7666

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The #1 Lampworking Source for the Mid-Atlantic!
Old 2010-10-03, 5:25am
state-eternal change

Default Cancelled.

The owner of the business decided to call it quits... too bad, as it's a beautiful studio - 26 torches, kilns, great ventilation...

Old 2010-10-03, 6:49pm

I'm sad about this cancellation, I was very excited about being in the Rockville, Maryland area now that my son is living there so I have a place to stay. I'm looking around for other Maryland venues, so maybe there will be a chance to do this down the road.

Jody has been wonderful to deal with, and fun to get to know, so I hope she lands on her feet where she is appreciated. Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2010-10-04, 9:36am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Well, Jeri...Sherm didn't even tell me you were teaching close!! I saw the thread title and came in to sign up...Pooooo......Pat
Old 2010-10-04, 9:40am

I'm so sorry Pat. That would have been great fun! Jeri

Old 2010-10-04, 10:05am
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

Let's do it at Schermo's!! LOL....right in the middle of remodeling, she won't even notice....!!!
Pat
Old 2010-10-05, 12:21pm
state-eternal change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
I'm sad about this cancellation, I was very excited about being in the Rockville, Maryland area now that my son is living there so I have a place to stay. I'm looking around for other Maryland venues, so maybe there will be a chance to do this down the road.

Jody has been wonderful to deal with, and fun to get to know, so I hope she lands on her feet where she is appreciated. Jeri
Thank you so much for your kind words, Jeri! It was great meeting you those few times I've seen you too I'm still trying to sort out another studio

Jody

Old 2010-10-05, 12:42pm
da General

Oh no! Guess I will erase Accents for April on my calendar.

Jody - if you do find another studio, let me know!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-10-05, 5:43pm

Hayley - the way we were notified (not) is a tad peculiar! My class is only weeks away. Thank goodness Jody let me know, I'm not sure anyone else would have told me. Jeri

Old 2010-10-06, 8:32am
state-eternal change

Will do, Hayley! I have put the word out that you were to teach there, so hopefully a place will pick up the class!

Old 2010-10-06, 9:19am
da General

I am just glad Jody is active in our community and my friend on facebook . . . sounds like the owner doesn't plan on letting anyone involved know at all! That's just too bad.

Jody - thank YOU! I would LOVE to teach in your area sometime in the future! Just so that you know, this hasn't put me out since I had to squeeze Accents in my teaching schedule to begin with (piggy-backing it with another gig in Illinois).

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-10-06, 10:22am
state-eternal change

Aw, thanks Hayley! I know that many people in this area were totally excited about next April.. I'll do what I can, as soon as I figure out where I am going to store all my glass stuff in our apartment..

Jody

Old 2010-10-06, 10:45am

I want to mention that Jody Lee has been a real asset to Accents since she came onboard. She made sure the shop was open (even in the worst summer in the DC area in a long time), inventory was up to date and plenty of it available, classes were excellent, and activities for glass people were fun and exciting. I think it is a real shame that the owner has decided to close Accents. The non-existent notification to Jody and the rest of us shows a real lack in customer service and employee dedication. I'm so pleased to say that Jody is a good friend and a member of the Frederick Hot Glass Society; we will continue to see her each month (if not more!). I know that she will land in a spectacular place and we at the FHGS will support her 100 percent.
Old 2010-10-06, 11:10am
state-eternal change

Default Thanks for your support!

Aw gosh!

Thanks so much everyone.. indeed, it's a blow to the glass community, as it was a great place to be, dead of summer or not