LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2010-02-01, 12:50pm
In spite of it all!

Default 4 FREE Tutorials! ....... Visions From The Not So Distant Past... 4 Newbies & Others

These are some of the tutorials I posted on WC several years ago at NO CHARGE. If anyone would like to copy them for their own use or as a teaching tools feel free to do so at no charge. PLEASE DO NOT print any of it for publishing in any form of electronic or paper print for pay. If you want to do that you will need to contact me for the tutorial and e-signed permission... which I will gladly give under the right conditions.

The FREE tutorials include

Zebra Backs
Flat Fish
Snow Drops
Mountain Focal

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/show...ht=zebra+backs

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=429420

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408419

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437758

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2012-01-17 at 10:24am.
Old 2010-02-01, 12:57pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

haha! I love the flatfish!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-01, 2:10pm
Boro Bum

Thx ruth

AcidFly
Old 2010-02-01, 5:13pm

Thank you, Ruf! You're so kind and good. I ove that snowdrop, and the mountain bead also. Don't know when I can try them, because the studio I share has ice on the insides of the windows and all the jars of bead release are frozen solid!

Hugs, Nancy

#R-85
Old 2010-02-01, 5:20pm
I'm meeeeelting

That fish is adorable!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-02-01, 5:25pm

Thank you Ruth!

You are such a sweet person to share with all of us!

Becky
Old 2010-02-01, 5:42pm

Thank you so very much!
I need all the help I can get!!

granny
Old 2010-02-01, 6:08pm

Thank you Ruth, I'm backsliding with all that is going on here. So this is good. I can at least figure out how to do something this way. Hugs and more.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-02-01, 6:25pm
Senior Moment

Thanks! You are the best!

Old 2010-02-01, 6:29pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Thanks Ruth you are the best!

Old 2010-02-01, 7:08pm
Formerly FishBulb

Thank you Ruth! The fish is hilarious!

Snowdrops are one of my favourite flowers, so I'll be trying this one first. You rock!

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-02-01, 7:20pm

Thanks Ruth! More fun stuff to try if and when I can!
Old 2010-02-02, 8:04am

Ruth Thanks so much for the link. I'm a newbie and am going to try all of them today. Thanks again Leslie (formerly beadfreekk) Have a great day
Old 2010-02-02, 8:19am
Life is good

Hi Ruth,
Thank you very much for the tutorials. Being a beginner, it is really cool to actually see and have explained how to do these. You a very kind to share this with us.

Old 2010-02-02, 10:11am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

I remember when you posted the Snowdrop on WC. I was such the newbie then! I've never tried it though so perhaps now, with alot of PPP under my belt, I can give it a try.

Thank you Ruth! You've always been such a sweet person!
Old 2010-02-02, 2:42pm
In spite of it all!

awwweee.. I just like to share and help where I can. (((Barbara)))

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey

Old 2010-02-03, 7:50am
Somewhat out there!

Thank you Ruth
Old 2010-02-03, 11:27am
In spite of it all!

You certainly are welcome! I am working on another tutorial here and should hopefully be done with it in the next month or so.

Old 2010-02-13, 12:12am
In spite of it all!

Just bumpin this up so people that wanna try them and have not seen them yet can.

Old 2010-02-16, 6:43pm
In spite of it all!

Should I post this in another forum?

Old 2010-02-17, 4:02pm
Velda Joy Rumfelt

Thanks Ruth! The mountain bead is yummy.

"Glass is thicker than water"

Old 2010-02-17, 4:33pm
Glassy Broad :-)

WTG Ruthie!!!!
Thanks so much hun, you should be seeing LOTS of these popping up shortly
Hugs
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2010-02-17, 4:55pm
In spite of it all!

Thanks you guys! I did these tutorials back when tutorials on line where still a "newish" thing. I wanted to share a how to... but had no idea I was going to do 4! The idea behind them was to share and excite the imagination for folks that where starting out. Hope to have some more out this year to share.

Old 2010-02-17, 5:29pm

Ruth you are a star, and i love your avatar.
kind regards

Mark.
Old 2010-02-18, 9:03am
In spite of it all!

lol.... Thanks Mark!

Old 2010-02-18, 9:47pm

Thanks so much Ruth.

Nell

[url= "
href="
ref=profile&id=1617182017" target="_blank">Facebook

[
Old 2010-02-19, 5:52am
Happy Beadmaker!

Ruth, you're such a sweetie!

~
~
~
Old 2010-02-20, 10:55am
In spite of it all!

Not according to Luna!

Old 2010-02-20, 11:44am
I speak Murrini!

Aw, Ruth - what a LOVE you are...to offer these to us! You KNOW I love the Zebra Back Tut; it was for your gracious guidance I was able to apply this concept to a vessel - and made this on my FIRST TRY!

I called this one "Friend and Enemy", for obvious reasons:

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-20, 12:32pm
In spite of it all!

awweee... DeAnne you are exactly the kind of person that made me want to do the for tutorials back then! I was fairly new to lampworking about a year after my cancer surgery... After all that had been happening I decided to do those 4 freebies as a payback for the universe getting me through it all without chemo or worse and teaching me the things I needed to learn about my health. I was mess and from then onward I was going to be a new improved cursed share-er. lol Cursed because I always gave things away starting very young. lol Anyway... to long a story for here.. but that whole experience along with sweet people like you is why did the tutorials for everyone.

Look how fun that vessel is! What a good name for it too! What year did you make it? Do you have it in an LE album?

It would be great to see other photos of glassy fun that the tuts inspired. Anyone is welcome to post any and all photos or chat about it if you need help with the tutorials too is all good. Oh, and don't feel like you are a thread hog and can't post sumpin..... It's ALL good!

Last edited by Ruth Nichols; 2010-03-28 at 9:05pm.