Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-09-25, 7:56pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Striking Glass

I think I am finally getting it!

Pics will follow tomorrow night if I am correct . I have been having some success with striking glasses in the past couple of months but I always aware I was only half way there.

I was playing around with my gravity beads with striking glass, silver foil and raku twisties. Omggggggggggggg, I believe the reason I was only half way there as I never quite got the glass as hot as it should be initially.

If I am correct, I have finally got fire lotus and terra2 to do their thing!

So basically peeps, heat the living crap out of it! I know this isn't news but seriously , when you feel you have it hot enough, heat it more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-25, 9:47pm
Creatrixie

Can't wait to see your pics and hear all about it!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-09-26, 5:47am
Jacqueline Parkes

Okay here is the first one.

Old 2010-09-26, 6:11am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
I was playing around with my gravity beads with striking glass, silver foil and raku twisties. Omggggggggggggg, I believe the reason I was only half way there as I never quite got the glass as hot as it should be initially.
Very pretty! What color is the base bead? And did you mean that you make the twistie out of the striking glass, silver foil and raku? Or is the base bead striking glass and silver foil, with a raku twistie? I think I see black in the twistie? Also, where does the gravity come in?

P.S. Your lentil shape is so nice.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-09-26, 6:14am
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2010-09-26, 6:16am
Jacqueline Parkes

Thank you.

The base bead on that one is black and the silver glass is on the base bead by itself.

After applying all the glass I let the glass get really hot and do it's thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erose View Post
Very pretty! What color is the base bead? And did you mean that you make the twistie out of the striking glass, silver foil and raku? Or is the base bead striking glass and silver foil, with a raku twistie? I think I see black in the twistie? Also, where does the gravity come in?

P.S. Your lentil shape is so nice.

Old 2010-09-26, 6:19am
Jacqueline Parkes

Old 2010-09-26, 6:21am
Jacqueline Parkes

This one I didn't work the color as well but I still like it. I have to go to work now so I will be back later to post more.

Old 2010-09-26, 6:23am
Creatrixie

Your beads are looking really good! I love the play of minty green with purple and aqua and custardy-yellows! Where does the purple come from?

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104