LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Old 2009-01-17, 10:58pm
Tai Chi Bead Man

Default Thanks Brent

I found this thread last week and just wanted to say thanks for the tut. I have been lurking around here for a few years and have had a lot of great tips but this one was one of the best and most fun to use. so thanks again brent. Here are some I made this week, plus a zen inspired pendant.
I also want to order your video but have to save up 40 bucks.
peace all keep the flame hot.
Jay
Attached Images

Old 2009-01-18, 12:14am
Senior Moment

I watched your video on making an implosion and decided to give it a try again. I wore it yesterday and my doctor bought it right off my neck for his wife for valentine's day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-18, 4:42am
boro color bender

One more day Nita... hang in there, you can make it!

Awesome work Jay... so glad you liked it. They are a lot of fun and you did great!

Sharon, a sale right off your neck is always a good thing. I'd look kinda funny taking that sales approach. I just don't look too hot with a pink heart around my neck. I tried, but strange men kept trying to talk to me. I'm glad you liked the test video... can't wait to do more DVDs. This is gonna be so awesome seeing everybody's work.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-20, 9:12pm
Glassy Broad :-)

I got my "big kid" torch set up yesterday (monday) and didn't get around to making a heart.
Had to destroy a few rods of glass first. PPP again.
Started out with boro, on the big torch, but it moved, so I ended up with a gifted HH
and fell in love with the soft glass.
CIM is my fave. Just about any color!
Anyway, here is my Newbie Heart.
In fact I made 2 of them today (tuesday)
after running all over hell's half acre for my Pirate.
Got HIS stuff done and came home to make these...be gentle!
Thanks again Mr. Smiley, Brent you are a gem!
Nita

Missing my Mini cc & two oxy cons!

The difference between Try, and Triumph, is a little Umph!
Old 2009-01-21, 8:36am
boro color bender

Awesome! New torches are so much fun! Those rock! Make more make more!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-01-21, 10:05pm

Hey thanks for the initial tutorial! This sounds so much fun!!
can't wait to try tomorrow! I just got my new GTT Lynx on 2 oxys and am barely starting off boro. LOVE it so far!

Thanks a lot for bringing this tutorial back up on top so I could find it!!!

Those hearts are so beautiful!

Will try to post pics when I have hearts!!

Old 2009-01-22, 9:03am

Aw thanks Brent....do you have peeps telling you that your hearts look like Butts? GRRRRR! I'm going to try some more in a few days. PPP after all....
Nita

Old 2009-01-22, 3:38pm
boro color bender

Hips, butts or boobs... I take that as a compliment, because I like them all.

Old 2009-01-22, 3:39pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by malem View Post
Hey thanks for the initial tutorial! This sounds so much fun!!
can't wait to try tomorrow! I just got my new GTT Lynx on 2 oxys and am barely starting off boro. LOVE it so far!

Thanks a lot for bringing this tutorial back up on top so I could find it!!!

Those hearts are so beautiful!

Will try to post pics when I have hearts!!

Woohoo!

They are so much fun! I can't tell you how many people I've taught these to over the years and it never gets boring!

Old 2009-01-24, 9:40pm
onebizebee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Woohoo!

They are so much fun! I can't tell you how many people I've taught these to over the years and it never gets boring!
You'll soon be teaching me I got you new DVD! Now I just have to wait for it to get here!!!!! Patience, I must have patience!
Old 2009-01-24, 11:05pm
LFCookie

Default Heart Tutorial

Brent, I see that your basics dvd is out....when is your HEARTS dvd going to be out??
And at last count I have made over 150 hearts, that is pretty much all I make when I go to Aquila! (thanks for getting me hooked) Hopefully we will see you at Aquila this summer!
Old 2009-01-25, 3:09am
boro color bender

The heart DVD will be in the works as soon as I get back from Tucson. It'll be a few months at the soonest, but I do plan to get crackin.

Will be coming to Aquila in the next few months as well. Have to shoot Don an email tomorrow. See you soon!

Old 2009-01-25, 4:11pm

I have been making hearts! 2 sessions!
It is SO MUCH fun!!
I really now found how to use gravity and dance with the melting glass. This is amazing and great fun. I took pics, just need to bring them to the computer and post them now.
I will try tomorrow.
thanks!!!!

Old 2009-01-28, 10:56am

as promised, here are the pics. Sorry they are not great pictures and they don,t do justice to the colors but it will give you an idea!

Old 2009-01-29, 3:56am
boro color bender

Awesomeness! You've been going like a champ... I need to channel some of that ambition for my torch session today! Great job!

Old 2009-02-02, 10:50am

Thanks Mr. Smiley!!
I happily share my ambition! take some to your torch!

have a great sessions

Old 2009-02-07, 8:52am

Hey Brent, do you have a date yet for Portland? I was at aquila last week making some marbles while i wait for my new equipment to be set up at home and they said they were not sure.

Whenever...i'll be there.
Old 2009-02-08, 7:35am

Hi Brent,

I just got your DVD and it's awesome! I need a couple of tools then I'm off to try out your teaching. BTW, this is one of the best DVDs I've seen. you are a wonderful teacher!

DonnaP
Old 2009-02-16, 6:38am
boro color bender

I haven't set a date for Portland just yet. I have to do that, but scheduling isn't easy. I'm trying.

Thanks Donna, i try my best. Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 2009-02-17, 12:09pm

I have been having a ball with your heart tutorial - This is my favorite so far!

Thank you for sharing

Old 2009-02-17, 3:20pm
boro color bender

Awesome full bodied heart! Love the voluptuousness...

Old 2009-02-18, 12:04am

i just found this and wow im wanting to go and try this but its 11:04 and i need to wake up soon. maybe tomorrow il be sure to post pictures
Old 2009-04-30, 8:36am

Awesome tutorial...thanks Brent. I had a blast making these. Here is a pic of the first few I made. I gave a tiny one to my niece for her 6th birthday and she loved it.

Old 2009-04-30, 7:13pm
boro color bender

Nice!

Old 2009-05-01, 12:17pm

I know I'm very new to this forum so I hope its OK for me to show some pictures.
I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to Brent for this tutorial, although I've been working with soft glass for a couple of years I've only been playing with boro for about a week so don't laugh! :0)
This is my second heart from this tut.

Old 2009-05-08, 6:29am

I'm very new at glass bead making and this forum also. My first heart from this tutorial I have to work on it :

Thanks Lana
Old 2009-05-08, 9:34am

hi Brent I'm baaaaaaaack!!!!! I've been having a great time with these hearts! Otter stopped by my studio and showed me his take, and between the both of you, (LOL!!!) I have come up with some loverly tiny hearts, thanks again!!!!
Nita

Old 2009-05-09, 11:38am

sorry i havent posted any pictures what was that 5 months ago or something? i need to make some moree... as soon as my girlfriend and people at school saw it they basically stole them from me XD
Old 2009-05-17, 10:01pm

Default Newbie

Hi All
My name is Rex and I am new to this forum ( I live in Queenstown New Zealand). I only found this thread 2 days ago and I have read the whole thing. Brilliant everyone Really interesting as I have had Brents first video for a few weeksn now ant it has been a revelation to me. Extremely helpfull. I have just had a crack (if thats the right term) at the hearts. I cant get the fantastic reds and yellows from the amber purple but this is what came out.

Cant wait for the heart Video !!
Old 2009-05-20, 4:15am
boro color bender

Awesome! I love coming back in here and seeing what you all are up to. There can never be too much love in the world, so keep making those hearts!