Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2007-01-07, 11:34pm
bead-dreaming

Unhappy 1and1 hosting

Anyone else using 1and1? I signed up a week ago, built a simple site, published and then the server came down since Wednesday. I've called a couple of times to ther customer service and they apologize but don't know when the problem will be resolved.

Any other 1and1 users with the same problem? I signed up during their 50% promotion so I can't cancel my contract with them for a year....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mary
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-01-08, 7:33am
FKA Stacia

I hosted with them for 6 months and never had any problems. I decided to change because I really disliked the gallery options in there webbuilding. I couldn't figure out how to take the print a picture option off.

If it gets too frustrating, you can always move to another host.

Good luck.
Stacia
Old 2007-01-08, 8:07am
Tinder Bloom Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadreaming View Post
Anyone else using 1and1? I signed up a week ago, built a simple site, published and then the server came down since Wednesday. I've called a couple of times to ther customer service and they apologize but don't know when the problem will be resolved.

Any other 1and1 users with the same problem? I signed up during their 50% promotion so I can't cancel my contract with them for a year....
Do they have an uptime guarantee? Some hosting companies do and if they don't fulfill it they will refund the money that the days the server is down. A server being down more than a few hours is totally unacceptable though.

Maybe you can do a charge back and cancel. I would email them and document all your communication with them and try and get out of it. I've used hostgator and they are o.k. althoough they were down a few times last early last year.

edit: They have a 90 day money back guarantee:

"90-Day Money Back Guarantee
We take pride in our reputation for reliability

If you're not completely happy within 90 days from placing an order with 1&1, you’ll receive your money back – no questions asked.

The 90-Day Money Back Guarantee applies to the Instant Mail package as well as all Shared Hosting plans, SharePoint or Exchange Hosting packages and eShops. You will receive a full refund of all monthly fees and setup fees if you are not completely satisfied. Guarantee starts on the date your initial order was placed. You may cancel at any time within 90 days of this date.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

* Industry-leading 40 GBit fiber connectivity
* 99.9% Server uptime
* Quick and easy website creation and publishing
* All-inclusive prices with no hidden charges
* Free 24/7 support by phone and e-mail
* Incredible value for your money! "

Last edited by FlameFilly; 2007-01-08 at 8:12am.
Old 2007-01-08, 8:53am
ManBearPig

At last count I have over 60 sites with them. Our customers that we do web sites for have them hosted there as well.

All of our sites are up and running as of this morning. I've had sites with them for almost 3 years, and never had a problem.

Let me see if I can find the name of the guy I talk to over there. He's not just one of the guys that answers the phone. He's one of the supervisors. He's really nice and has always gone out of the way to help us.

Old 2007-01-08, 9:51am
bead-dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
At last count I have over 60 sites with them. Our customers that we do web sites for have them hosted there as well.

All of our sites are up and running as of this morning. I've had sites with them for almost 3 years, and never had a problem.

Let me see if I can find the name of the guy I talk to over there. He's not just one of the guys that answers the phone. He's one of the supervisors. He's really nice and has always gone out of the way to help us.
I'd appreciate if you find his/her phone number... Thanks!

Mary

Old 2007-01-08, 9:53am
bead-dreaming

This doesn't apply to their specials...I got the 50% off for 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameFilly View Post
edit: They have a 90 day money back guarantee:

"90-Day Money Back Guarantee
We take pride in our reputation for reliability

If you're not completely happy within 90 days from placing an order with 1&1, you’ll receive your money back – no questions asked.

The 90-Day Money Back Guarantee applies to the Instant Mail package as well as all Shared Hosting plans, SharePoint or Exchange Hosting packages and eShops. You will receive a full refund of all monthly fees and setup fees if you are not completely satisfied. Guarantee starts on the date your initial order was placed. You may cancel at any time within 90 days of this date.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!

* Industry-leading 40 GBit fiber connectivity
* 99.9% Server uptime
* Quick and easy website creation and publishing
* All-inclusive prices with no hidden charges
* Free 24/7 support by phone and e-mail
* Incredible value for your money! "

Mary

Old 2007-01-08, 11:33pm
bead-dreaming

I'm up and running again...I hope everything is smooth from now on. Thanks all for your support!

Mary