LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-07-28, 8:07pm
boro color bender

Talking Video tutorial on a Boro Cold Seal...

Here's a little preview. Proof that I really am working on the boro videos!

http://www.vimeo.com/1426551

It's not even close to looking like it will in the final cut. The render quality is low. The sound needs more work and the music hasn't been laid in yet. I hope you still get an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-07-28, 8:30pm

I couldn't see it because it asked if I had permission to see this video and obviously, I don't, lol.
Old 2008-07-28, 8:30pm

never mind, this time I went right to the video. You must not have been done.
Old 2008-07-28, 8:32pm
boro color bender

I had to make it public... had it set to private and didn't know how to change that. I'm a techtard. Sorry. It should work for everybody now.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-07-28, 11:22pm
Just me

Old 2008-07-28, 11:45pm
I speak Murrini!

More, More, More!!!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-29, 1:19am
I need more boro stuff

I'm still waiting patiently for your video, Mr. Smiley....

Old 2008-07-29, 5:14am
boro color bender

... thanks everybody.

If it doesn't play smoothly, hit pause right after you hit play and let it download before you watch it. It should play just fine once the gray bar goes all the way across.

Old 2008-07-29, 7:20am

tap...tap...tap... checks calendar.....tik tok...tik tok...tik tok...checks calendar...deep sigh....drip....drip...drip....another sigh....still waiting... this ought to be really good...when it is ready....

Sals
Old 2008-07-29, 8:35am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarabella View Post
tap...tap...tap... checks calendar.....tik tok...tik tok...tik tok...checks calendar...deep sigh....drip....drip...drip....another sigh....still waiting... this ought to be really good...when it is ready....

Sals
I'm just as ready as you are... I promise!

Old 2008-07-29, 8:54am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

That was a great video, thanks Brent! I try to cold seal and I guess I was doing something wrong because mine wouldn't pop off that easy. I'm going to try again and see how well I do. I think I'm getting too much of the punty end molten.

Barb
Old 2008-07-29, 9:25am
Scientific Glass Girl

brent it looks great! the quality of it is awesome and your workspace is really nice. i'm looking forward to seeing more!

i couldn't help but think about one of the kids at school who came over to my friend john's house when i was there. john was working on a piece and the kid was very new to glass. he kept suggesting to cold seal it, when it was at no point where such a trick was needed. so john would go around the glass lab behind you when you were working and say "why don't you just cold seal it there? meh!!!"

Old 2008-07-29, 10:52am

I forgot to tell you that it looks very promising!
Old 2008-07-29, 5:02pm

Great tutorial. Also having serious frit envy right now.
Old 2008-07-30, 2:14am
Beadmaking.nl

I love it. I looks very professional. Wat is the difference between Youtube and Vimeo?

Old 2008-07-30, 2:24am
boro color bender

Vimeo is better quality and seems to have attracted more serious videographers... but aside form that, I have no idea.

Old 2008-07-30, 5:42am
Lover of all things color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I had to make it public... had it set to private and didn't know how to change that. I'm a techtard. Sorry. It should work for everybody now.
LOL love it, "techtard", boy with your permission I'm going to use that one for some folks at work. Thanks!!

By the way, the video looks great. Hurry up!

GTT Lynx-M10 Oxy-con

Old 2008-07-30, 5:47am
Pyromaniac

Lookin Good, Brent!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-07-30, 6:43am
Bead Imp

Quote:
Originally Posted by simvet02 View Post
LOL love it, "techtard", boy with your permission I'm going to use that one for some folks at work. Thanks!!

By the way, the video looks great. Hurry up!
lol, I was going to write and ask permission to use techtard also Fits me to a tee!

I can't wait for your videos. It looks wonderful!

Old 2008-07-30, 6:52am

Brent, I'm so excited about your video coming out. I watched the 2 yesterday and already learned so much. Can you give us an idea of what the contents will be of the actual video?

TIA

Old 2008-07-30, 8:18am
boro color bender

The first video will cover the basics. Flame settings, Cold seals, Gathering the glass, encasing a gather, a boro twistie (they are different than soft glass), drilling with tungsten, dots, loops, making a frit pick up pendant using a larger rod and a maria, striking the silver Amber Purple family of boro color, using a reamer to enlarge a hole and a boro mandrel bead.

I hope I didn't forget anything, but I prolly did.

The next videos will cover hearts, implosions, hollow forms, sculpting and more in depth color theory.

Old 2008-07-30, 8:05pm

VERY Cool! Can hardly wait

Old 2008-07-31, 11:45am

Looks great... Can't wait for more videos. They will be reasonably priced won't they? I hope so !!

Old 2008-07-31, 12:48pm
Peerless Thread Killer

Thank you for the Vimeo tut. I'm glad I watched it--have been wanting to play with boro for a long time....

Old 2008-07-31, 5:44pm

Nice! But who's clean work space is that?

|
Old 2008-08-01, 9:03am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendar420 View Post
It's just a movie set, in real life, it's a mess!

Old 2008-08-01, 9:05am
boro color bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
Looks great... Can't wait for more videos. They will be reasonably priced won't they? I hope so !!
Pricing them out of an affordable range hasn't crossed my mind even once.

Old 2008-08-07, 11:58am

Great video Brent. It looked very professional. I had to turn HD off to get it to play without stuttering. Thats due to the systems I have on my home network, not the video.

Keep them coming!!!

Bob

Glass can be a Solid, Glass can be a Liquid, But Glass should always be a GAS!

Old 2008-08-07, 11:02pm
He can do the origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavendar420 View Post
Ha! see Brent I'm not the only one that said that!!!
Old 2008-08-19, 8:54am
In spite of it all!

Excellent video Brent! I will be watching out for more! Oh, I have a question. How did you decide what music was good to use for your background? Is there any copy right laws to be concerned with? If a piece of music goes past a certain age, is it ok to use without the ok from the artist or producing company? I am asking for a reason.. not to be a smart arse.

Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us. ~ Stephen Covey