Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-06-02, 6:31am

Default June Stick-Up ... your money or your glass!

IT'S JUNE!!!! yay, the happy month!

I guess I'll start things rolling.
I'm working on an upcoming lighting show, so I've been making some chandeliers. Those things get heavy if you're holding one freehand for a couple of hours while working on it. One of them has over 17 meters of 6mm rod in it (surprising, coz you can't tell by looking at it! Yesterday, in my breaks, to relax, loosen up and to refresh my powers of concentration, I made some marbs and pendants using colours from a sample pack of Borostix which Joe Imler sent me. The only two odd colours out are elvis and canary. one of the marbs has a lot of bubbles in the back because of dust on the glass I used. those of you who do implosions know how concentrated bubbles can get in an implosion. the easy way around it is to always clean your glass well before using ... I should learn to follow my own advice more closely

cheers
Chris
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2009-06-02, 7:03am
Micromosaic and Lampwork

Wow Chris,

Those really pop! Nice job.

Old 2009-06-02, 7:13am

Chris, those marbles are so cool and unique. Nice Job

Scott

ESTY
Old 2009-06-02, 9:56am
Button Queen

WOW Scott! Beautiful colors! What did you use...?????

Awesome implosions Chris...
Old 2009-06-02, 5:32pm

OOOOH, pretty! To both!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-06-02, 6:04pm

nice stuff as always Chris!

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!
Old 2009-06-02, 6:37pm
Torch junkie

Awesome start for June!

Here's a dragon that's hanging out on Etsy at the moment.

Enjoy!

"It's not the torch you have that makes you better. It's what you learn to do with the torch you have, that makes you better."
Old 2009-06-03, 8:37pm
Young at Heart

Rog - I saw your dragon on Etsy last night and was blown away! He is really great.

Joanna ........
Etsy Shop

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-06-03, 9:42pm
Hello?

Wow Chris, those look like they took a lot of work. Nice!

Old 2009-06-04, 12:21pm

great dragon Chris!!
I also like the implosions - amazing!! wish I knew how to do things like that in my implosions!!

Old 2009-06-04, 12:28pm

Here is my latest sculpture. I am pretty proud of it. It was for a special order and the client was very happy with it! it is sold!!!
I have been pretty busy with the real job lately. I MISS MY TORCH!!!
soon, I will be back!

Old 2009-06-06, 2:45am
Serenity Now!

Awesome, amazing work everyone! Here's a Bird who has flown the coop from the others, and a big pile of sparkly bracelets...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2009-06-06 at 2:50am.
Old 2009-06-06, 9:42am

Chris, those marbles are incredible!
Scott, yum! Love the colors!!
Roger, I envy you your sculpting ability!! Fantastic dragon!!
Malem, congrats on the sale! I can see why it was snatched up!!
Val, I LOVE your Free as a Bird!!!!!

Here's a few from me. I'm finally getting around to taking pics.

This one glows in the dark

Old 2009-06-06, 9:56am

Nice work Kim and Val!!

Old 2009-06-06, 3:47pm
Cats & Glass!

Beautiful stuff everyone!

There's nothing special about these beads but I wanted to show some of the new Momka's color - Violet Medley -

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2009-06-06, 4:16pm

I love that color and can't wait to play with it. Very pretty!
My Etsy

SRA
#H135
Old 2009-06-07, 11:59am

wow!! awesome color!!
I am placing an order tomorrow!!!
How does it looks not encased. it reminds me of Iris orange for softglass!
I missed the raku so much, so maybe this will make my heart sing again!!

lovely beads by the way!!

Old 2009-06-07, 7:06pm
The Venerable Bead

nice work!
here are a few boro implosions and some key necklaces
Attached Images

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Last edited by Venbead; 2009-06-07 at 7:09pm.
Old 2009-06-07, 10:29pm

Some blown lentils
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-08, 6:18am

That last one is to die for!!! I am so in love with it.. A real winner...

Old 2009-06-08, 6:31am
The Venerable Bead

that last one is really beautiful I agree!
here are a few more boro implosions fresh from the kiln
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2009-06-08, 5:28pm
Abbey Beads

Stephan, I like it! You've been playing!
Julie

Here are a couple of mine. I did them after Stephan's class..
My yellow is certainly not as wonderful as Stephans!
Julie K.
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-09, 3:04am
Serenity Now!

Super stuff! Here are a couple more birds...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2009-06-09, 5:53am

Thanks, Malem!
Janelle, that looks like a yummy color
Stephen, WOW!
Julie, fantastic! My favorite is the dichro one
Val, LOVE the birds!!!

Here's a couple more from me.....maybe more later, today is picture day (why is it that I always have a pile of pieces to take pics of? )

Glow in the dark

Old 2009-06-09, 8:03am

Thanks Julie...keep em coming...looking good Kim

Old 2009-06-09, 5:52pm

Some hearts and beads... everyone's work is gorgeous. Beau, I am a huge fan!

Glassroger, I am a dragon fanatic also. I have a good size one tattooed on my back. I am always watching your store for just the right one to appear.
Attached Images

Old 2009-06-10, 8:39am
The Venerable Bead

Firelily i love that second heart. very colorful~
speaking of lilies I have a few to show as well as a heart
Attached Images

— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2009-06-10, 9:56am
i need help

my first coil pot honey comb adventure

more barometers

Old 2009-06-10, 8:27pm

Here's my first attempt with encasing coper in boro. You HAVE to use a respirator mask!!

Greg
Old 2009-06-10, 11:40pm

hi, after pulling a couple of allnighters the show is finally up. Winter Lights at Kirra Gallery here in Melbourne. Here's some of the work I made for the show.
In the centre is a glass frame installation. The frames are covered with Japanese paper and textured papers. With the light on you can see the patterns of the glass underneath. The installation is called Prayer for Rain.
In the corner is a bubble chandelier withe 35 bubbles which make nice patterns, but the chandelier itself is so ethereal as to be almost invisible and only evident by the shadows it casts. on the other side there's some of my plasma sculpture.
Lastly is a closeup of the earth component of the installation. More to come. Opening starts in just over an hour, please wish me success, I'm a bit nervous and hope I make some sales...
cheers
Cx
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.