Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-09-08, 1:56pm

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-08, 2:41pm

Smile

Dang, Libby! That's so exciting! You sure this is all done in only three days. I can't wait! Let's move past fall and winter and get to February !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-08, 5:45pm
Mr. Cellophane

Wait till you see the kiln pizza's! Yummmmm

Libby

Old 2009-09-08, 5:48pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby L. View Post
Wait till you see the kiln pizza's! Yummmmm
What? Don't tell me you have special "murrine" pepperoni made! Wouldn't that be a gas! OMG, do we get to decorate them? I'm IN!!

Old 2009-09-08, 6:47pm
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
What? Don't tell me you have special "murrine" pepperoni made! Wouldn't that be a gas! OMG, do we get to decorate them? I'm IN!!
Ofilia - you haven't lived till you've had KILN FIRED PIZZA! Individual, artisan decorated pizzas!

Is it February yet?

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2009-09-09, 9:37am
Mr. Cellophane

I think this year we might need to pre-make them, but they are still going to be fun!

On a side note I am sure hoping that last years attendants are taking advantage of the pre-sign up! If you did not get our email make sure you contact me.

Open sign ups begin Sept 15th! Mark your calendars.

Libby

Old 2009-09-10, 10:15am
Mr. Cellophane

OPEN SIGN UPS BEGIN SEPT 15TH!!!!

The sooner you sign up the broader your class choices.
We have so many classes I am sure everyone will be happy.

Have you always wanted to blow glass? We have four glory holes, and two furnaces. We hosted the Gas Conference in 2006. Our hotshop is one of the top in the country! Lots of room to spread out!

Our Kiln Dept, has four kilns and is run by Mark Salsbury who holds a Masters Degree in Kiln work.

You don't want to miss out on this event!

Libby

Old 2009-09-10, 11:42am
Mandrel Slayer

Can a Texan come. I was born and raised in Indiana.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-09-10, 1:22pm
Mr. Cellophane

Of course! This event is open to everyone. We would love to have you Bonny.
Check out the first post for class descriptions.

Libby

Old 2009-09-11, 12:39pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithfirebeads View Post
Can a Texan come. I was born and raised in Indiana.

Bonny
Hey, Bonnie! Now, you know ya'll are welcome! That will be nice to see you again! You can bring me a Whatta Burger, I have not had one of those in eons, LOL! I'm so curious on those kiln-fired pizza's!

Old 2009-09-11, 6:23pm
Mandrel Slayer

Thanks Ofilia and Libby. I am going to try to make it. It sounds like a blast and what a list of teachers, wow!

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2009-09-11, 6:26pm
Mr. Cellophane

I talked to the boss today and told him the kiln fire pizza's have to happen. He was thinking nobody was that interested. I told him "what, we have to do kiln fire pizza". So we are going to do a practice for the whole studio and make a bunch of them to make sure we do it better than last time.
Dang my job is hard....

Libby

Old 2009-09-12, 3:35pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Libby, last time ROCKED, but
do a test run just to be sure

Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2009-09-13, 2:20pm
Mr. Cellophane

REGISTRATION BEGINS SEPT 15TH

We will begin at 12am on Sept. 15th.
$200 non-refundable deposit.
All deposit will be time stamped.
The earlier you sign up the wider choice of classes, however this year there are so many great classes that it be hard to find one you DON'T want to take!

Here is a little preview of Ofilia's fish class.
Ofilia does such beautiful work and I can't wait to see her at the torch.
Attached Images

Libby

Old 2009-09-15, 5:34am
Mr. Cellophane

The earlier you sign up the better choice of classes.

http://www.thirddegreeglassfactory.c...reg&eid=50#REG

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
Is it Feb yet?

Libby

Old 2009-09-17, 11:27pm
Mr. Cellophane

Spots are starting to fill. You only need to pay a $200.00 deposit to register for classes.
Don't miss out.

Libby

Old 2009-09-20, 9:51am
Mr. Cellophane

Had a wonderful lunch with Kate Mckinnon (who will be teaching at Midwest Glass Experience) and she wrote a wonderful review of Third Degree.
Check it out on her website in her journal link.
http://www.katemckinnon.com/
Thanks Kate!

Libby

Old 2009-09-25, 9:09pm

Question

Hi Libby, I was looking around... is there any information on the pate de verre workshop? With every passing year, the subject peaks my interrest more and more ...............

Old 2009-09-26, 10:58am
Fusing Glass

OH I dont think I can come this year
Old 2009-09-26, 2:50pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
OH I dont think I can come this year
That's a bummer, Mary! Is it you are doing more dog shows?

Old 2009-09-28, 11:11am
Fusing Glass

No it's me being broke.
Old 2009-09-28, 5:14pm
Mr. Cellophane

Hey Mary you could be a vendor again! Lots of great teachers...come on you know you what too!

Libby

Old 2009-09-29, 7:57pm
Fusing Glass

Libby I know I want to. My pocket book says, no though. ( wah!
Old 2009-10-01, 5:27pm
Mr. Cellophane

I will miss you kiddo.

Libby

Old 2009-10-06, 3:14pm
Mr. Cellophane

Did you all get your class sign up sheets? It was sent out by Third Degree.
There are still openings so if you haven't signed up I would do it quick. Remember $200.00 holds your spot for class sign ups.
Great classes, Great facilities, Great times!

If you have any questions please PM me.

Libby

Old 2009-10-13, 5:49pm
Mr. Cellophane

If you have not sent in your class choices you need to so it ASAP.
There are still plenty of spaces left in all the flameworking class.
This is going to be a great event in a great place. If you are thinking about attending
you still have time!

Libby

Old 2009-10-13, 6:00pm
Snow Flake Glass Lady

Libby - I didn't see a hot shop II class. What do you recommend I do - I want to spend alot of time in the hot shop!

Is it May yet?
Peggy

droolin' on my mini cc with canned propane and an oxygenator

Old 2009-10-13, 6:15pm
Mr. Cellophane

Hey Peggy we decided that if people want advanced techniques that we will work that into the Hotshop Intensive. So sign up for that and you will get an instructor that will work on advanced techniques. So one hole will be for advanced students.
Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Is it Feb yet?

Libby

Old 2009-10-14, 9:19am
Mr. Cellophane

Still need more class sign ups.

Libby

Old 2009-10-14, 11:49am
Fusing Glass

Libby- are there any fusing classes this time?