Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-10-21, 4:31pm

Hey Dar - Can't make boro on the 22nd. In fact I think I'm not a boro kind of gal!! I should be selling or trading what I hve when I can get it together. I don't think I can do soft O.T. either - although I really want to. I hope to surprise myself and show up but it is looking iffy at best. Have fun all.
Annie
Old 2009-10-21, 6:32pm

I'm sorry to see that some of you aren't going to be able to make it! Not too late to change your minds, though!

I'm stoopid excited about OT... I pounced on an Osbin lentil shaper in the Garage Sale section and I got some murrini from loriandkim! Not that I can't torch at home but I'm going to be busy up until Sunday so there's my best opportunity to play with my new toys!

And I think I might go to Lansing beforehand and check out a fabric shop. I've had a sewing jones going on. I want to make a jacket or a coat... or a shirt. Maybe even a handbag. I don't know. Gotta find the right fabric and let it tell me what it wants to be. Then I might pull an all-nighter and make something. Totally makes me miss the gold old days when I used to sew until I was finished with my project or couldn't keep my eyes open anymore! lol!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-21, 7:36pm
Covered in glitter

OMG I am getting the most amazing sore throat and headache. I refuse to get sick with boro tomorrow and soft on Saturday. Refuse, I say. Send my throat a little white light, OK?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-10-21, 7:41pm

White light to Deb! And try sinus spray! Zinc lozenges... something, anything!

Old 2009-10-22, 11:13pm

JJ, figured after all the glass excursions lately, you'd have to catch up with the chores on the home front - your always with us in spirit..... let us know when you can come down for the day, and I'll have a pot o glass waitin!
Annie, do your best to get down, be great to see ya, and Cassie......hummmm.......If I'm pullin any kind of all nighter I'm certainly not stitch'n.......we're only allowed to have glass addictions....I thought we raised you better than that? any cake preferences? We had a good ol time on the dark side today, can't wait to see the goods come out of the oven tomorrow! Deb was just rockin on the Cricket, was amazed to see size of some of the pieces she did on that torch!!! Patty, thanks for the inspiration on the seahorse, and getting me out of my comfort zone.... I'm more inclined to do some sculptural work now. Thanks for coming out Sue, I think we should all do a conjoined piece the next time we have a boro session..... really looking forward to Sat. hope everyone has the opportunity to come out and play!!! D

Old 2009-10-23, 7:31am
Covered in glitter

I had a great day with you guys! I always feel so inspired when I'm torching with the 3 of you and having Sue come in was a real plus too. I can't wait to see her creature! See you promptly at 1 Saturday. LOL

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2009-10-23, 10:55am

I'd pull glassy all-nighters if I knew I wouldn't hurt myself (and if the centipeds were afraid of coming out at night)! There's a point where I have to stop doing anything because I'll push myself until I can barely make it to bed... I've gone so far as to get one of my fingers sewn I've been so tired... I could only imagine the damage I could do with flamage and hot glass! lol!

Cake preference? Buttercream frosting for sure and anything but chocolate cake... I usually go with white or yellow but I'm not that picky. Is it weird that I loooooove chocolate but I'm not fond of chocolate frosting, cake, donuts or ice cream? I don't hate it... it just doesn't taste right to me!

Sounds like you're feeling better Deb! I hope so! I can't wait to see what you guys did yesterday! I wish I could have been there but it's for the best... I shouldn't tempt myself to try something else. I need to hoard more glass like I need another hole in my head. I'm tryin to be happy with what I have for now!

See you guys tomorrow!

Old 2009-10-24, 10:12pm

Great time everyone, thanks for coming out........hope I can sort all the boro stuff, Deb we'll make a round of hearts on Tues., the day just seemed to fly by! I'll let everyone know how the bounty of glass looks on Monday night when I get home. So proud of Dianna's boro flower... who knew she was a sculptural kinda gal......Cassie, If you order your boro express shipping you might have it for Tues. (LOL)....love ya all...can't wait for the next time!!! D

Old 2009-10-24, 11:23pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARBEADS View Post
Cassie, If you order your boro express shipping you might have it for Tues. (LOL)
Truly 1000% evil. lol!

I had a lot of fun! It was great seeing everyone again! I was excited to try boro... I have a few rods at home but it means nothing if you don't know what to do with it! Thank you Deb and Patty for helping me with it and letting me use your glass and tools! I really appreciate it!

Darby and Janien, thank you for hosting and thanks again for the cupcakes! Could you tell that I was trying to avoid the extra attention/singing? lol!

Old 2009-10-25, 8:18am
Covered in glitter

Waaaaaa....I can't do Tuesday. I forgot I have an appointment at 1pm. If I can change it I'm still on but otherwise there's no way. I'll call the guy tomorrow and see what I can do. Cassie, I can't wait to see your heart. I definitely think that Dyana found her groove! All in all it was a fabulous day!

Old 2009-10-25, 9:38am
Glass Gaga

Default About last nite!

Hi Darby!
Great to meet you (again)! Can't wait to play at your haus!
Karen

Minor with an M10 oxycon
Flamin' when not beachin'

Last edited by shinytrinkets; 2009-10-25 at 10:46am. Reason: forgot my name
Old 2009-10-25, 11:55am
Covered in glitter

WooHoo! I can do Tuesday afterall!

Old 2009-10-26, 11:28am
Type ZZZ personality

Tuesday looks good to me too!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-10-26, 11:38am
Covered in glitter

Super! I hope Darby doesn't mind the invasion of his Tuesday. LOL

Old 2009-11-01, 8:47am
Covered in glitter

Cassie how are your finger and thumb?

Old 2009-11-01, 10:16am

Actually, not so bad! That first night obviously was the worst and after that the burns barely bothered me. Today they are very slightly sensitive but really not bad. I think the worst of it is that the skin is hard and feels like I've got tape stuck on my thumb and forefinger. I filed some off with a nail file and wow did it make a difference! The skin is so much more flexible and feels so much better since I did that!

Jeff and my mom freaked out when I decided to torch on Friday... I got my Cricket that afternoon so how could I not torch?! I think my mom was hoping I'd quit... I think she worries that I'll really get hurt. I told her that I never saw her quit home improvements after accidentally slamming her finger with a hammer years ago. Let it heal and move on!

Old 2009-11-04, 12:15am

good to see you and Jeff the other night Cassie, hope your vacation was good as well......back to the grind now.......D

Old 2009-11-06, 3:14pm
Covered in glitter

I hope you all (and you know who you are) don't kill me. I went ahead and placed the glass order without calling everyone. It was so confusing that I just couldn't deal with trying to figure out each invoice right now. We did get a good discount so whatever you thought it would be, it'll be less. I also got a lot of clear, tubing and frit. That will be by the rod since it's not cut so you can decide when you see it.
I doubt we'll have it by this Wednesday but it should be here by the next! Yippee!!!

Old 2009-11-06, 3:30pm
Type ZZZ personality

Thanks Deb!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-11-10, 2:10pm
Covered in glitter

WooHoo! The glass came today! It's a huge box so I'm not taking anything out until we get it out to the studio. I've already sliced my arm open on one of the staples. LOL It's worth a little blood to see all that beautiful glass. The price was good too.
I'll start an invoice for everyone and we can add the clear and frit to it depending on how much you want.

Old 2009-11-11, 1:42am

Yeah!!! see ya bright and early, gonna be a busy day...........

Old 2009-11-25, 9:03am

OPEN TORCH.......Sat, Dec. 5th..... same bat time, same bat channel......additional info on the events page @ darbeads.com. C U Soon!..........D

Old 2009-12-04, 11:14pm

Looking forward to seeing everyone at OT!

Old 2009-12-05, 9:07am
Covered in glitter

See ya about 1.

Old 2009-12-05, 11:57pm

Wooohoooo! It was another day of fun... great to see everyone and check out all of the great glassy stuff everyone was making! And the food was fab as usual! Thanks for hosting again, Darby and Janien!

Old 2009-12-09, 12:13pm

Thank you Cassie, diggin the murrini chips on the beads you made! need to get some of those to play with!

Old 2009-12-23, 3:19pm

Deb and I had a great bead day yesterday!!! played in some 96 and came up with somthing I hope looks pretty good....won't know till Friday ........... Looks like OT on Sat. Jan. 16th........ we should all be fresh from our holiday experiences and ready to get glassy again!!! Everyone have a great Christmas and a happy new year..........D&J

Old 2009-12-23, 3:41pm
Covered in glitter

Yep we did! I can't wait to see what Darby was working on cause it was gorgeous!

You guys drive careful and have a super time in Tuscon. I'll miss you but I'm really glad you're going to get to spend time with the boys. Love ya!

Old 2009-12-24, 9:58am

Thank you all for making our holiday season so special, looking forward to all the good times in the year to come........may god bless you and your families.....Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!!!........D

Old 2010-01-05, 10:01pm

We're back, warm studio, hot glass and good friends........it's on, see ya all tomorrow!