Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-24, 6:55am
Glass-aholic

Default Floral Cane Favorites :) (and vine cane too!)

What's your favorite combo for floral cane?

With spring here, I was thinking about florals, and was sorting through old threads for ideas, but could not find a thread dedicated to this, and have seen some GREAT petals lately in the gallery!!! I found some great stem/vine recipes, but no color combo's for petals....

Post your pics of your favorite cane in use or in rod form and the the recipe!

Its been so long since I made beads with petal cane I can not even find any pic's of my own! I love making brown vine cane with the red browns, topaz a hint of yellow or ivory and, goldstone though! I can't find a pic of this one either... but I know I have one somewhere!!! I know I have used it recently! They are probably on BF's PC.... I'll be looking later for them and update this when I find it!!!!!

Here is a link with some great vine cane recipes in it too!
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ight=vine+cane

But petals....... petals people

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2011-04-24 at 7:03am.
Old 2011-04-24, 10:47am
Ad astra per aspera

I like making "hot" color flowers. One of my favorite canes is a base of acid yellow half striped with CIM Bordello and half with Effetre transparent orange. I pull it with a very slight twist, if I can.
Attached Images

Old 2011-04-24, 12:11pm
sunscreen me baby

My all time favorite is bubblegum pink encased in rubino.

The second one is banana cream yellow encased in the orange version of mimosa.

The third was an accident. I usually encase opal yellow in striking orange but grabbed a striking red short instead. I wouldn't have done it on purpose but I like how it ended up.
Attached Images

~

Old 2011-04-24, 12:28pm
Ad astra per aspera

Suzy, that is the BEST accident ever, what a gorgeous combination!!! Looks like a watercolor to me.

Old 2011-04-24, 4:47pm
Glass-aholic

ditto on what Karen said! I love the effect!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-04-24, 6:16pm
sunscreen me baby

Thanks Not sure I like it on dessert pink, but I will use the cane combo again.

~