LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Old 2006-03-16, 3:09pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaine Scum
Isn't pam the same person claming that Liquid dewars are unsafe? you can freeze your hand and shater it (like it's a statistic in the lampworking comunity?) So all you one handed lamprers, "Throw yo' nubs in the air, wave em' around like you just don't care...."

I swear, I have litterally read some of the most assinine, stupidest propoganda on this forum, and I run a forum about retards, and fart jokes...
funk yeah dwaine.

I'm all about retards and fart jokes. Now lets add butt sluts
Old 2006-03-16, 4:52pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry LaClair
Mr. Smiley,
I am the owner of OxygenPlus Medical Systems Inc. Over the years we have established an excellent reputation with the members in the Glass Community.

I have read several posts on this thread and have some serious concerns regarding this product.

I am very uneasy about the " Claims and safety issues " surrounding this oxygen concentrator. I have seen many concentrator operations come and go leaving the owner of equipment hanging in the wind. I also have a vast
background in Bio-medical Specialty areas having over 25 years of experience.

I have listed some FACTS that everyone should consider regarding these modified units.

The average lifespan of the medical version of this unit is 8k to 12k hours.
There are problems with compressor,sievebed, and valve failures within that time period. This is with a new unit right out of the box. These units are factory set to run @ 5 psi. When you start to increase output pressure you sacrifice purity. This is why we do not offer to sell these units to the glass industry.

There are proven companies such as OGSI who sell the OG-15 and
OG-20 models and Suncoast Beads who sell the Integra 10 and Airsep oxygen Generators. I believe they offer a 1 year warranty.

The question was asked about purity levels at the higher flow rates
but have yet to see a reply on it or requested specifications.

I understand you being happy about your units, but you are promoting a product that you yourself have said have limited experience with, and that you would be the test guinea pig for this product.

Your Disclaimer says it all !!

Last year "Unlimited Oxygen" went by the name of "South Central Cryogenics" until they had a fire that reduced their shop to rubble. This information came straight from one of the employees during a telephone conversation with me last year.

Since these units are not new - here are some good questions to have answered. What exactly does the warranty cover ??
Who pays for shipping ?? What purity will it produce at 6'7'8'9'10 lpm
What is the output pressure set at when you ship out the unit.
You stated that if the pressure had to be adjusted to send it back to you, why does it need to be re-adjusted? What parts have been changed or modified ?

When we called anonymously, to get information regarding the kind of modifications that were being made to this unit, We were told by Staff at Unlimited Oxygen that they removed / disconnected the high & low pressure alarm safety features as well as the Oxygen Purity Indicator on these "Modified Units" which come standard on the medical unit. As we were continuing to ask technical questions, we were abruptly hung up on.
Why would you disconnect the Oxygen Purity Indicator feature ??

Respironics does not endorse anyone who makes changes / modifications
to their equipment due to liability issues. These units were not made to operate this way and will pose real problems down the road. Hence the six month warranty.

The question was also asked if Unlimited Oxygen is a respironics certified warranty center ?? Is anyone there certified on the respironic concentrators?

It is my position that this " modified equipment" has NOT proven itself reliable.
It has not been tested in the field, nor is it a safe piece of equipment since modifications have been made to force it to run out of safe parameters.

I would hope to see that South Central Cryogenics / Unlimited Oxygen
would be responsible enough to answer these questions instead of trying to artfully evade them.

Unlimited Oxygen may be operating under a new name next year

I encourage anyone who is considering switching to an oxygen concentrator to due diligent research for all relevant information about the types of torches that can be used in conjunction with the units.
Safety should be paramount

When Quality Matters !!

Larry LaClair
President / CEO
OxygenPlus
Hello Larry, I am happy to respond to your post which contains lies, industrial spying and false representation of hear-say with an obvious self preservation in mind. I am only going to address comments that merritt attention. First of all you should know that a unit with only 8000 to 10,000 hours is barely broke in. Respironics boasts that their Millennium will run into the 30,000 range with very little maintainance. Do the math!, These are designed to run 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. 24 X 365 is 8760 hours a year, for 5 years is 43,800 hours. Our average glass worker may work 8 hours a day. 8 X 365 is 2920 hours a year if they work 7 days. We offer extended warrantys. The units we sell are completely rebuilt, including the compressor and seive beds. Brand new sieve is used in the reconditioned beds. The power failure alarm is removed as our unit is no longer a life support unit. This unit is no longer a medical unit. This warning is posted on all our machines. It has been proven that medical grade o2 is not absolutely required for torches. It would be nice, but thats the price to pay for leaving behind the tanks. The purity levels of this machine has been discussed at length on these forums (in fact right here on this thread). They are also listed in our owners manual which is included with every unit we sell. Unlimited Oxygen is a hub company of South Central Cryogenics. I am proud of our company and have nothing to hide. We have never had a fire. And we did not change our name. South Central Cryogenics is more into the liquid oxygen and medical equipment field. It was the suggestion of the glass workers that we have a more suited name for the Glassers. So Unlimited Oxygen was born. We are proud to be working with some of the best names and Glass Houses in the country and outside the country. SAFETY IS ALSO OUR FIRST PRIORITY. But we are pushing the envelope for those who want bigger and better. Let me ask you, do you really think that when you sell a glass worker a 5 lpm "medical" machine, they keep it under 5lpms? Oxygen Concentrators have many built in safety features which we DO NOT remove. South Central Cryogenics is my company along with my brother as my partner. We have been in business for 5 years non stop. We aint going nowhere. I am thankful that so many glass blowers are giving us a chance to prove ourselves. As far as the rest of your questions-------- trade secrets. Next time you try to call and pump info, dial the RIGHT number, use your TRUE ID and I will be happy to speak to you.
Jack

Last edited by oxydoc; 2006-03-16 at 5:11pm.
Old 2006-03-16, 5:13pm
boro color bender

Larry. I appreciate your concern. I also appreciate the questions... many have been answered in another thread. I would suggest you go read that one. Unlimited Oxygen and South Central Cryogenics are one in the same. I think you know Larry that Respironics is one of the companies that does not allow certification on their units. They service all units themselves. Do you have a respironics certification? These guys have certs from a bunch of different companies... they have met all the federal requirements to work on medical grade concentrators and have the liscensing. Of course the manufacturer isn't going to certify or allow modifications to be certified or give permission to do so. It's liability on their part. Just like Honda doesn't allow after market tiinkering and voids the warranty if that happens. From talking to these guys, they know what they are doing... from using the machines, they really do work well. Let's just say worst case scenario... these crap out every year... to completely rebuild the unit is under $150. Considering some of us boro folks are paying $300 a month for oxy now, I wouldn't mind that at all. Now, these guys say they should run 15,000 hours before needing factory service... I'm not that far into it yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

I think you have a little bit of anger towards this company, because you are their competition. That's totally understandable. You've got 25 years experience... they have 15. Both are pretty significant amouts of experience. They know they are trying new things... and it is working out so far. It must scare the crap out of the competition... I for one applaud them for their efforts. We need this in our industry and I'm glad they are innovative and willing to push the envelope. Go Go Go Unlimited Oxy... make us happy tank free lampworkers...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-03-16, 5:17pm
boro color bender

Jack, we must have been typing at the same time.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-03-16, 8:00pm
PyronamixK

Quote:
Unlimited Oxygen is a hub company of South Central Cryogenics. I am proud of our company and have nothing to hide. We have never had a fire. And we did not change our name. South Central Cryogenics is more into the liquid oxygen and medical equipment field. It was the suggestion of the glass workers that we have a more suited name for the Glassers. So Unlimited Oxygen was born.
Well, that answer works for me - makes perfect sense.

I wish that you would have explained it this way after Larry posted his first question. In your reply to him, you did not say that Unlimited Oxygen was part of South Central Cryogenics. You only said that you were not in Illinois, were not in any litigation, and were not involved in any fire that you knew of. I guess you were probably more concerned with defending yourself against his fire/litigation allegation at the time than with explaining the Unlimited Oxygen/South Central Crygenics connection.
Old 2006-03-17, 3:56am
boro color bender

Larry had also named a completely different company in his origional post in Illinois. You can see the time stamp of his edit after I told him who these guys were, he went in and changed the name to South Central Cryogenics. I have been being fed bad information about South Central and these machines from a few competitive sources... I simply call Jack and he explains it all in a way that makes perfect sense. I really hope things can work out peacefully from now on. Could you imagine if fellow glass workers were attacked for trying new glass techniques, the way these guys have been? We don't pick eachother apart when somebody tries a new bead style... we offer constructive critisism if anything... the wars between torch companies, glass companies and now oxygen companies really turns my stomach. If these companies treated eachother like glass workers do (for the most part), they'd be helping eachother out, instead of tearing eachother apart. Push the envelope guys... it's what makes new stuff possible. Don't be afraid to fail or get too comfortable where you are at now... keep moving forward.

Old 2006-03-17, 5:22am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Larry had also named a completely different company in his origional post in Illinois.
Ever hear of a typo? It happens to the best of us

Old 2006-03-17, 10:48am

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc
I am only going to address comments that merritt attention.
Oh, Puuuhlease give us all a break !!!
We have been in this business to long to know B/S when we see it.

There are 33 Factory Authorized warranty repair centers all over the country in which Respironics has trained and certified service personnel on all of their equipment. Unlimited Oxygen or South Central Cryo. are not or ever have been one of them. When Respironics find out about your unauthorized & unapproved tampering to their Medical Equipment, (and no doubt they will eventually), they are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Again, as usual, you have not answered many of the questions asked of myself and glassworkers in prior inquiries. I do not believe you are in a postion to do so.
Does not the concerns of the glass industry
about your product merit your attention? You have a responsibilty to address their concerns.

"SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY" BUT WE ARE PUSHING THE ENVELOPE!!

If I thought for one moment that what you are doing is safe, we would not be having this discussion. By Rebuilding a compressor, Repouring Sievebeds and increasing the pressure past the machines design, something is going to give out. Not to mention that the sieve material will be ground up to powder and cover the glassmakers shop in sieve dust. We have personally seen this happen with these Millenium units at around 6,000 hours of normal everday patient use. It is one of the machines downfalls.

You state that the Factory Millenium will run around 30k hrs. You state that beadmakers @ 8 hrs. / day will use the unit for 2920 hrs / year. Why is it then with a unit that will run supposedly 30000 hrs. you will only warranty it for 6 mo. or the equivilent of 1460 hrs. You do the math !!

The information that was obtained about what you were doing with this equipment was freely given to us last year prior to the Gathering in Kentucky. You never asked who we were, if you did you would have been given that information, But you abrupty hung up on us. Evading questions is something you do well.

What in the world are all of your distributors going to do after these machines start dropping like flies after six months ?

Jack, Can you just answer all the questions in my prior post or no ??
you cannot avoid them forever.
Old 2006-03-17, 11:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley
Larry. I appreciate your concern. I also appreciate the questions... many have been answered in another thread. I would suggest you go read that one. Unlimited Oxygen and South Central Cryogenics are one in the same. I think you know Larry that Respironics is one of the companies that does not allow certification on their units. They service all units themselves. Do you have a respironics certification? These guys have certs from a bunch of different companies... they have met all the federal requirements to work on medical grade concentrators and have the liscensing. Of course the manufacturer isn't going to certify or allow modifications to be certified or give permission to do so. It's liability on their part. Just like Honda doesn't allow after market tiinkering and voids the warranty if that happens. From talking to these guys, they know what they are doing... from using the machines, they really do work well. Let's just say worst case scenario... these crap out every year... to completely rebuild the unit is under $150. Considering some of us boro folks are paying $300 a month for oxy now, I wouldn't mind that at all. Now, these guys say they should run 15,000 hours before needing factory service... I'm not that far into it yet, so I can't tell you for sure.

I think you have a little bit of anger towards this company, because you are their competition. That's totally understandable. You've got 25 years experience... they have 15. Both are pretty significant amouts of experience. They know they are trying new things... and it is working out so far. It must scare the crap out of the competition... I for one applaud them for their efforts. We need this in our industry and I'm glad they are innovative and willing to push the envelope. Go Go Go Unlimited Oxy... make us happy tank free lampworkers...
Good Afternoon Mr. Smiley,
Please understand that this company represent no threat to us whatsoever LOL.
We have our own client base after 26 years.

My REAL concern is that you have a couple of clowns out there who just popped into the glass community selling unsafe and unproven equipment.
They are not on any glass vendor lists and have no history .
That scares the BAJESUS out of me. It would be an injustice for me to not voice my concerns. Anybody can pop up and talk alot of trash. These folks won't even answer the questions straight up. We know what questions to ask and I am sorry if they intimidate these folks, but if they are on the up & up they should freely share the information requested of them. If they will not answer basic questions STEER CLEAR and keep on looking.

Competitor Sites for SAFE use of Concentrator / Generator units

WWW.OGSI.COM - OG-15 & OG-20
Ask for FRED

WWW.SUNCOASTBEADS.COM --- SEQUAL & AIRSEP UNITS
Ask for Paulette

Now Please, no more garbage about being scared of compatition !!

Respectfully,
Larry LaClair
Old 2006-03-17, 6:44pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Oh, Puuuhlease give us all a break !!!
We have been in this business to long to know B/S when we see it.

There are 33 Factory Authorized warranty repair centers all over the country in which Respironics has trained and certified service personnel on all of their equipment. Unlimited Oxygen or South Central Cryo. are not or ever have been one of them. When Respironics find out about your unauthorized & unapproved tampering to their Medical Equipment, (and no doubt they will eventually), they are going to come down on you like a ton of bricks.

Again, as usual, you have not answered many of the questions asked of myself and glassworkers in prior inquiries. I do not believe you are in a postion to do so.
Does not the concerns of the glass industry
about your product merit your attention? You have a responsibilty to address their concerns.

"SAFETY IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY" BUT WE ARE PUSHING THE ENVELOPE!!

If I thought for one moment that what you are doing is safe, we would not be having this discussion. By Rebuilding a compressor, Repouring Sievebeds and increasing the pressure past the machines design, something is going to give out. Not to mention that the sieve material will be ground up to powder and cover the glassmakers shop in sieve dust. We have personally seen this happen with these Millenium units at around 6,000 hours of normal everday patient use. It is one of the machines downfalls.

You state that the Factory Millenium will run around 30k hrs. You state that beadmakers @ 8 hrs. / day will use the unit for 2920 hrs / year. Why is it then with a unit that will run supposedly 30000 hrs. you will only warranty it for 6 mo. or the equivilent of 1460 hrs. You do the math !!

The information that was obtained about what you were doing with this equipment was freely given to us last year prior to the Gathering in Kentucky. You never asked who we were, if you did you would have been given that information, But you abrupty hung up on us. Evading questions is something you do well.

What in the world are all of your distributors going to do after these machines start dropping like flies after six months ?

Jack, Can you just answer all the questions in my prior post or no ??
you cannot avoid them forever.

Old 2006-03-17, 6:50pm
boro color bender

Quote:
Good Afternoon Mr. Smiley,
Please understand that this company represent no threat to us whatsoever LOL.
We have our own client base after 26 years.

My REAL concern is that you have a couple of clowns out there who just popped into the glass community selling unsafe and unproven equipment.
They are not on any glass vendor lists and have no history .
That scares the BAJESUS out of me. It would be an injustice for me to not voice my concerns. Anybody can pop up and talk alot of trash. These folks won't even answer the questions straight up. We know what questions to ask and I am sorry if they intimidate these folks, but if they are on the up & up they should freely share the information requested of them. If they will not answer basic questions STEER CLEAR and keep on looking.

Competitor Sites for SAFE use of Concentrator / Generator units

WWW.OGSI.COM - OG-15 & OG-20
Ask for FRED

WWW.SUNCOASTBEADS.COM --- SEQUAL & AIRSEP UNITS
Ask for Paulette

Now Please, no more garbage about being scared of compatition !!

Respectfully,
Larry LaClair

Figured I'd quote these so people can see how Larry and son wants to continue with the negative attitude. Sure, typo's happen, but these attacks are on purpose and not nearly the profesional attitude I'd like to deal with. If you aren't worried about your business, why are you so upset? If they aren't a threat and will be totally exposed in 6 months with exploding machines, why do you not just state your case without calling names? Oh, wait... a bunch of these units have been around longer than 6 months... Oh snap! You are worried... aren't you???

Old 2006-03-17, 7:06pm

Larry LaClair, Now I remember. Now I know why you are so upset with us. I was telling my brother about the comments that you had posted on this forum and he asked me your name. When I told him, he said that he remembered your name from an incident that he had with you on ebay. He got you kicked off ebay for misrepresenting oxygen concentrators as good working units, then selling them with missing parts.
So, I personally looked up your ebay feedback. Your user name was the same as your Business name "Oxygenplus" (no longer an ebay user). The feedback told the story. 12 negatives and 4 positives. With a feedback rating of -2. Here are some of the comments that the ebay users left with the feedback: "selling items that should be in junkyard, ripped-off disabled, turned in to SafeHarbor, equipment missing major components, ect...... I have been selling oxygen concentrators on ebay for a long time and my feedback is 100%. medequipbroker is my ebay user name, look it up.

For the record this will be my last post in this forum. I was invited to come on here to answer questions and help other members to understand our units. Not to defend myself or my company against people with an agenda. I regret getting caught up in this baby talk and I hope I havent lost all of my professionalism. For those of you who truley would like to know more or have questions about our equipment, please call me at 317-831-2045. You can email me at southcentralcryo@sbcglobal.net We will soon have a toll free number for you to call. I would like to thank all the glass workers who have helped us with this great project. We will be around for along time to come and we are working on some new ideas. We are also working on our webpage and it will be up soon. unlimitedoxygen.com see ya, jack

Last edited by oxydoc; 2006-03-17 at 7:13pm.
Old 2006-03-17, 7:19pm

edit again: I dont want to get dragged into the middle of this bickering back and forth so I'll keep my comments to myself

Last edited by Justin L; 2006-03-17 at 7:34pm.
Old 2006-03-17, 7:27pm
Cheerfully Profane

I really do like how our vendors are treated by members of our forum and other competitors. It's so warm and welcoming and I, for one, would go out of my way to help the lampworking community if I were treated the same.

Classy.

Rebekah
Old 2006-03-18, 1:51am
PyronamixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxydoc
Larry LaClair, Now I remember. Now I know why you are so upset with us. I was telling my brother about the comments that you had posted on this forum and he asked me your name. When I told him, he said that he remembered your name from an incident that he had with you on ebay. He got you kicked off ebay for misrepresenting oxygen concentrators as good working units, then selling them with missing parts.
So, I personally looked up your ebay feedback. Your user name was the same as your Business name "Oxygenplus" (no longer an ebay user). The feedback told the story. 12 negatives and 4 positives. With a feedback rating of -2. Here are some of the comments that the ebay users left with the feedback: "selling items that should be in junkyard, ripped-off disabled, turned in to SafeHarbor, equipment missing major components, ect...... I have been selling oxygen concentrators on ebay for a long time and my feedback is 100%. medequipbroker is my ebay user name, look it up.

For the record this will be my last post in this forum. I was invited to come on here to answer questions and help other members to understand our units. Not to defend myself or my company against people with an agenda. I regret getting caught up in this baby talk and I hope I havent lost all of my professionalism. For those of you who truley would like to know more or have questions about our equipment, please call me at 317-831-2045. You can email me at southcentralcryo@sbcglobal.net We will soon have a toll free number for you to call. I would like to thank all the glass workers who have helped us with this great project. We will be around for along time to come and we are working on some new ideas. We are also working on our webpage and it will be up soon. unlimitedoxygen.com see ya, jack
Are you sure you have the right ebay id?

I looked up the userid "oxygenplus" and found what you reported. There was a seller with that id who had some really bad feedback. I also found that that seller was located in NY. They were members for 3 yrs, 4 mos. starting October 21, 2002.

OxygenPlus is located in Virginia. They also have their own ebay store called Oxygen Plus Medical Supply. I believe their id is 86sc and they have a feedback score of 255 (98.9% positive). They have been members since Aug 13, 2002.

I also searched WC for any complaints about OxygenPlus (Larry's company) or the products they sell. They appear to have a solid reputation over there. I have not come across any reports of their products being DOA.