Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2005-07-23, 1:07pm
Fire Angel Designs

Default Please help......having trouble with my Hot Heat Torch

I hope this is the right place to post this. I am having a problem with my HH. The flame is not concentrated, it is like a waving actually flickering flame. It is aqua-ish blue in the core and blue on the outer areas. The last time I used this thing it was fine. I have been lampworking for over a year and never has this happened before. What is going on here? Do you have to clean these torches sometimes or do they just go bad? Please help, I am getting frustrated. I do like my hot heat and do not want to go to a duel fuel torch. Thanks in advance.

Julie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-07-23, 1:44pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Yes you'll need to clean it up, carbon builds up in the little holes. Make sure to check the hotheadsource ( don;t know the link, but you can find it at the other forum) how to do this.

suzanne

Old 2005-07-23, 1:50pm
Gentleman of Leisure

At times a Hot Head may need cleaning..... If its the old style there is a orifice that sometimes may become cruddied up... If its a later design, I'm told you can not clean the orifice...

http://www.cauldroncreations.com/hotheadinfo.html

Actually you may want to check out all Melindas tutorials....

http://www.cauldroncreations.com/tutorialindex.html

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2005-07-23, 4:54pm
Fire Angel Designs

Thanks Dale and Suzanne

Dale I checked out those links and the orifice that was shown in the pics, I couldn't find it in my torch. When I unscrew the neck from the heat there is no button looking thing at the tope of the neck-at least it reminds me of a button-that would be the orifice. Does that me I have the old kind? I looked up the receipt and I bought it from Delphi last December, would it go bad that soon? I am thinking I'll be purchasing a new torch in the future. Thanks for those links because now I know how to take care of my torch, tanks and hoses.

Old 2005-08-02, 3:12am

Hi Julie.
A month ago, I had the exact same problem. Spurtering gloppy flames....I went to the cauldron site and got info on cleaning it. I made the mistake and took apart the wrong section of the torch. I blew the gasket seal when I did this. I had to throw my torch away. If you go to that site, look VERY CAREFULLY at the drawings. It clearly shows what part NOT to take apart. Hope this helps a little. 1pne...Penny
Old 2005-08-02, 8:26am
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmcquade
Thanks Dale and Suzanne

Dale I checked out those links and the orifice that was shown in the pics, I couldn't find it in my torch. When I unscrew the neck from the heat there is no button looking thing at the tope of the neck-at least it reminds me of a button-that would be the orifice. Does that me I have the old kind? I looked up the receipt and I bought it from Delphi last December, would it go bad that soon? I am thinking I'll be purchasing a new torch in the future. Thanks for those links because now I know how to take care of my torch, tanks and hoses.
Ok.... If there is no orifice in your torch you have later version which is manufactured with out one. Design was changed some time back and new torches do not have orifice and are not as adjustable as old model....

Suggest you check here to see what they have to say....

http://www.hotheadsource.com/

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal