No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2010-07-08, 3:31pm
Broken

Default Finally it's move IN day!

I've been needing more studio space for a very long time. We tried to think of ways to add on to my existing studio and it just would work. So we bought a portable building to move onto the property. I planned to make it a metal studio and leave the glass in the house studio. TODAY is move in day. Here's some pics! I am in heaven. I'll be posting more pictures as it progresses.

Years ago the studio spot was a small field.

Complete with the odd horse, that's Juice!

Then it became a veggie garden for a couple years.

Then one day in FLEW the studio

It sat for a while, we had to wait for the zoning etc to be OK. And now this is my front door.

This is what you see out my back door.

Metals bench to the left as you come in the front door in the main room.

What will eventually be a machining bench in a smaller back room.

My favorite acquisition so far a big work bench I can walk around in the main room.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Nicker; 2010-07-08 at 9:17pm.
Old 2010-07-08, 3:45pm
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

WOW - I'm Jealous!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

Old 2010-07-08, 4:10pm

WHOA! That is amazing!! Congrats!

Old 2010-07-08, 4:14pm
Entropy increasing....

I hate you.
Old 2010-07-08, 4:16pm
Cheeky & Impervious

That's awesome, Nicker!! I really hope you enjoy it.

Old 2010-07-08, 4:18pm
Broken

It was tons of work, tons! Just getting the ground ready was a chore. I've been patching and sanding and painting for days, the building took a beating in the move. But I love it, a lot.

Old 2010-07-08, 4:28pm
Resident hippie

WooHOoo Nicker!
I wish you many happy creative hours in your new space.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-07-08, 4:35pm
Enabler

Color me green with envy!! I especially love your metals bench.

Old 2010-07-08, 4:50pm
Mama said

Awesomeness!!!
Old 2010-07-08, 4:55pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I'm coming to plop in your poppason chair!

Old 2010-07-08, 4:55pm

That is great! Congratulations and here's to many, many years of designing, fabricating, etc in your lovely new space!
Old 2010-07-08, 4:58pm
formerly Marella

Nicker, that's such an amazing and versatile space!!!

Congratulations girl!!

~
~
~
Old 2010-07-08, 5:01pm
Back to 👊 1

That little anvil is sooooooo cute! Hmmm, pocket size

And congratulations, That crane must have cost a pretty loonie, or whatever it's called up thar! And on the machine table all the way to the right of the pic, what it be??? I would get more detailed but dog demands a walk, like NOW!

Don't make me cranky, I WILL "chuck a tanty!" a la PerfectDeb

Old 2010-07-08, 5:04pm
Broken

The metals bench fell in my lap with some cabinets, a cabinet maker friend was moving and needed it ALL gone I may not keep all the cabinet but the bench was worth it.

Debbie the pappasan is a outdoor chair! I love it, it's inside till I find something to fit in that corner.

The machining bench in the blue room will be aprox 2 ft wide by 7-8 ft long. We need to find a work bench that'll be ok. The cabinet everything is sitting on now will actually go on the other wall. I need to fit a sink in somewhere too.

I have several anvils, the bonus to having horsie friends I need to re surface them all though LOL except that little rail road tie one it has a wonderful beaten texture to it.

The movers and the crane cost 500 and man was it worth it, they did a fantastic job! Had it plopped in my chosen spot in under an hour.

Last edited by Nicker; 2010-07-08 at 5:06pm.
Old 2010-07-08, 5:15pm
Wendy

Nicker, if you lived closer I'd be begging to drop in and hang out for a while. That's freaking awesome! Congrats!

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2010-07-08, 5:31pm
funny mofo

What a wonderful studio! Congratulations!
Old 2010-07-08, 5:41pm
BeadsonCypress

Where in the world could you find something so neat....wow! Enjoy!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2010-07-08, 8:01pm
Hat or Cake?

Wow. Looks fabulous. I have to admit, though, that I don't know what some of the machines and equipment are for. I am, however, mightily impressed!
Beth
Old 2010-07-08, 8:27pm
Broken

It's a old construction company office. There are a few tools on that workbench my husband gave me. Not sure if I'm keeping them or not LOL.

Old 2010-07-08, 9:21pm
It's all about the color.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2010-07-09, 5:29am
Hobby Junkie

Congrats!!! What a great space! I am envious as well. Happy creating!

Old 2010-07-09, 7:32am
Live and Let Live

Sweet! I would SO love to have a separate, dedicated space rather than a corner of the basement, but alas... maybe someday. Enjoy yours!!! (And show us more pics when you're all set up, of course!)

Old 2010-07-09, 5:18pm
Broken

Found the perfect door mat today! Got the last of the molding up, will paint it tomorrow. I'm not happy with the paint in the larger room, if you lean anything at all against the wall the pain comes off with it

Old 2010-07-09, 5:32pm
birdergirl ~o~

What a cool spot!!
The paint might just have to cure and harden.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-07-09, 5:37pm
Broken

I wondered that but it's been a few days now, and it's hot so I thought that might speed it up?

Old 2010-07-09, 10:56pm

That is just fabulous! Congrats Nicker !
Old 2010-07-10, 7:48am
birdergirl ~o~

I once had my inflated ( latex?) exercise ball rest against the wall, when I moved the ball it had grabbed a piece of paint off and it had sort of melted onto the ball, this was some time after the wall was painted but I can't remember how long.

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2010-07-10, 4:18pm
Creatrixie

Wow! Super cool, Nicker!!!
Congratulations.
I hope you'll keep sharing pics of your new studio with us as you settle into it.

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2010-07-11, 7:19pm
Broken

I got to play a bit today, my copper plating of sorts was a epic fail!

But my husband got the workbench in place and lifted up. We used some rail road ties to get it up 6 inches so it's perfect waist height.

He also made me a cool little holder for my ring mandrel. I can put it in the slot and hammer on it. Not hard hammering but enough to get a light texture. I stole the idea for Marion of M&D Designs her dad made her one and I thought it was so cool I copied it!

I also got this Ed Hardy lighter, I may have to go back and get one of each design. I love it, makes me giggle every time I see it! They were only 2.50 each too, gotta love cheap entertainment!

Last edited by Nicker; 2010-07-11 at 7:46pm.
Old 2010-07-12, 10:25am
fritaholic

Congratulations, Nicker. That is a way cool studio! You have great views and so much space. May many wonderful things be created there.

Lisa