LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-09-19, 7:23am

She also...she doesn't know this yet... "stirred the pot" at home!
When I brought the torch home, my husband did a then a !
but I know he saw how excited I was because he went out and got me a can of MAPP gas!

Then I caught him "online"... ... Looking at garden sheds!
We already have a garden shed!!!!!
The sweetie wants to build me a studio! I'm not sure how we will finance it (you know how that is!), but he always finds a way to do things for me! I'm going to try and find a "bead blanket" this weekend so I can try out the hothead torch!

The best way to "stir" the pot is to make him realize how much space inside the house he'd regain IF you got a sapce of your own, with cabinets of your own and "storeage" of your own and how much "safer" it would be if you didn't have to track across town, how much money you 'spend" across town.. You'll find the most relucant slowly start warming up to the whole thought and idea...

Kaye,
use a 2x4 next time you hint. Some of them are just "slow" at understanding a really big 'hint"...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blogger
Old 2006-09-19, 7:32am

man I missed part of the thread and your shed's pretty amazing..
tile floor and all!! LOL My husband has been 'redoing' my garage for me..
I should have taken more pictures but he kept saying evil things when I'd come in there with a camera.. ya know something about a balding spot has really turned him into a pill when the camera's around.. LOL

Good luck on the electcity. It SUCKS to get an electrician's assistance here. Thank goodness that the little bit of wiring we have to do my Dad knows how to do himself and my husband watched the electrician do when they replaced the "box" on our house (try 4,000.00 just to put a new panel in and bury the cord 100 feet... OMG a heart attack) let alone now that we need to start pulling new wire through the house.. That's on hold for awhile.. LOL

porch is definetly needed to drink morning coffee on ... WOO HOO

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2006-09-19, 11:18am
Michelle Morrison-Geschke

Default Arlene!

Thank you!
I do have a wonderful husband! And cute too! You can tell by the pictures!

The studio shed was all his idea, so I am glad it isn't "My Fault"! All he has said is "you better not change you mind about this glass thing"!! That seems fair!!

He is always reassuring me that it will work out! No 2x4 needed on this guy!! I'm excited and anxious to get started, but will Never bug him about when it's going to be done!! We've been camping almost every weekend (and he took me to the Glass Art & Bead Festival in Sonoma, CA...again, his idea!!) so I really can't complain that it is taking so long! I don't want to cut into the family time too much!!

Little do they know how "little" of me they will see once it is done!!!
Actually, shouldn't say that here...he has my password....

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Old 2006-09-28, 9:23pm

Default Update!

My tile floor is finished...

And he installed the counter....

And he tested it to make sure the shelf would "hold"!

Mmmmm! I love my Honey!

and
New items!

I'm mostly over at Facebook these days... and working. Life has gotten... Hectic. I will try to check messages here... but try FB if you need me...
Old 2006-09-28, 9:42pm

Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the studio pictures.
A Big
To your Michael. Looks Great!!!!
Know you cann't hardly wait. I'm proud for you.
Janet
Old 2006-09-29, 10:53am

I should start a thread (think I said this before) of my before and soon to be after photo's. If this all works out I will. It's amazng how stressfull something like remodeling a garage into a shop can be on one... Between my family and my husband I am about to say screw it..

I think it would have been so much easier to go your route!! I am enviouse that your's will soon be done and you'll be happily torching away!!

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2006-09-29, 11:45am
still not Leslie

Location: Home the 2011 Worlds Series Champion St Louis Cardinals

You all are so lucky! I have to win powerball ot something to have my own studio!
Old 2006-10-01, 12:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbC
You all are so lucky! I have to win powerball ot something to have my own studio!
Barb, as my kids always say "we are rich in love"!! That is our way of letting them know that even though we can't afford most things, we have all we need.

The studio is a huge "stretch" for us too, but that is why it is going slowly...a little bit each month. I hope that some day it will be "Self Supporting", but it has to get built first!

Can't wait til you have a thread in here too! If you notice how mine started out...this was the last thing I thought would happen to me!

and
New items!

Old 2007-02-08, 10:44pm

Default We took a long break!!

OK, it has been 4 months since there has been any progress...9 months since we started the project...but I'm getting ELECTRICITY!!!

Yes...Electrical power will soon be connected...
I have proof....

The Ditch Witch arrived!

Along with an "operator" of said Ditch Witch!

And so it begins...

LOOK there is a trench...with the pipe and wires too!

And a real electrician to go with it! Woo hoo!

My fabulous DH will do some prep work tomorrow, and the Electrician will be back on Saturday to hook everything up and "Throw the Switch"!!!

and
New items!

Old 2007-02-09, 1:50pm

Cool! We rented the trencher also to make the hole for the gas and it had to be 18" down... what fun. Fortunately the main electrical box is just across from the new garage so we could do that by hand before the cement went in.

Keep those photos coming! It's so much fun to see how everyone does their space. BTW, congrats!

Old 2007-02-12, 8:51am

Hey girlfriend! I house sat the last couple of weeks where they had a shed studio, bigger then yours but killer space! Looking close at this as I don't have enough room at Mom's! Did you put a foundation in? Hopefully see you at the end of the month! Sheila

_
Old 2007-03-21, 11:02pm

Default Are you ready for this???

I've got FIRE!!

The fancy stuff isn't done yet...like the walls, but I can torch!
I haven't melted glass in over 6 months...I feel like a total newbie, and I'm loving every second of it!!

Here come some pictures!

and
New items!

Old 2007-03-21, 11:31pm

Default The SHED!!!

DH built a wrap around porch, and containment box for the propane...

Here he is just getting started!

Then he piped in the propane!

Here are some other pictures of the torching area!

and finally!

and
New items!

Last edited by Beyond the Bead; 2007-03-21 at 11:34pm.
Old 2007-03-22, 7:00am
reaction junkie

oh! how did I miss all this great stuff over here???? What a great husband you have! It was fun to see it all go up picuture by picture - congrats on your great new space!

/
/
/
Old 2007-03-22, 9:55am
Martyrs don't bitch.

yay! I'll have to come over and check it out. Maybe early next week?

Teague

< - Click for Etsy Shop
Old 2007-05-16, 12:48am

hEY GIRLFRIEND!Ii'VE BEEN OFF LINE FOR A FEW MONTHS DUE TO "life". AND ABOVE AND BEYOND THE NEIGHBORS TURNED ME INTO THE FIRE DEPT. As I was torching in Mom's townhouse garage. So I have been working 2 shifts at 2 jobs daily plus a full time schedule taking care of Mom..... but my "shed" s paid for and just recently got delivered!! It is very small but it will work, only 6x8, but Mom's yard is TINY!!!!I still have part of the garage for other art. It's pretty hard to pack up your life to take care of an elderly parent, but hey, they gave millions of years to your life! So all my glass stuff which has been paked and unpacked and packed again MANY times in the last couple of years is finding a home AT LAsT!!! pm me you phone number again as I have D. appt in Eugene in a couple of weeks.WHERE ARE THE LATEST PHOTO'S! Goofy friend cheers, Sheila

_
Old 2007-05-17, 6:19am

Great studios everyone; thanks for sharing the pictures. Wow.. Michelle you must be so happy!! I have gotten several ideas here.
Shelia can't wait to see your studio. It will be like Christmas to unpack all those boxes of glass goodies.
Okay I have no studio.. But have been torching under a tent on a front walkway. Yes I am a redneck and my neighbors look at me funny, but I want to play with hot glass. It is way to hot here and it gets to about 90 degrees. But I do get to run in the house to but the beads in the kiln, ha, ha. And I do mean run. I have the opposite problem of all that live up north.
Last weekend we dug out sod and poured concrete footers for hurricane tie downs. This week I put down weed mat and hauled shell to make sure no water will pool under it. If I can figure out how to post pictures ( I do not know how to condense the jpegs or edit the size) I'll post the progress of my studio.