LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2008-05-06, 10:01pm

Hayley that is one sweet looking shop, my god. out side of what looks like a fiber blanket to the left of the hood, I think its clean enough to eat off the bench. wow

DanG, I make bowls and chairs and hand carved spoons to high end cabinets and everything in between. what ever I decide to make that day or what might take a few weeks. Gallery type work, but no longer show nor do I take commission work any more. correction, I occasionally do commission work if the piece holds some interest to me(very rare), and I still make urns on request. Basically a field of dreams way of doing things. If I build it they will come. its been that way for the past nine years and has been a blessing to be honest. I have been using my glass as accents to some of my wood works. very nice to include the two given I love doing both. the public seems to enjoy it so far. By the way, love my 4-1 marble mold. I may have to contact you for some larger ones less the handle.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------------------------
Kobuki*Delta Elite*Mirage*Blast Shields*two DeVilbiss 5 LPM* tanks* foot pedal.

Last edited by murf; 2008-05-06 at 10:19pm.
Old 2008-05-06, 11:44pm

Geeze, after looking at these pics, I will have to go and clean up. Throw out 6 months worth of stringer bits, stuff like that. The old sewing machine idea sounds good except then the 'Law of Flat Surfaces' would take over.
I would be cleaning off the top to open it, if I ever remembered to close it, that is. I share my space with the laundry, I have bits of stringer all over the concrete floor, one day something painful is bound to happen.

Kym
Old 2008-05-07, 1:59am
Spectrum rulz

Bev, I am using that system at the moment portable work surfaces except only 2. I work in 96 almost exclusively but lately I did a what if I made that with Moretti. I got an old scone tray and put it over the top of my completely messed up work bench and now I have it covered in 104 lol. I have a sign up in my studio that says I'm Creative not Tidy.
Old 2008-05-07, 7:02am

I agree with Mopnglo Terri. I have the same cleaning habit. My studio has to be spotless. My Dad was a Safety person, he taught me all too well.I can hear him , when I'm in the studio ,preaching to me to clean and put everything back up.A clean workplace is a a more productive place , he would say. And less likely to get hurt too.
And this dusty Tx Panhandle wind ,we been having keeps me busy cleaning!!!
Janet
Old 2008-05-07, 12:35pm
da General

Quote:
Originally Posted by murf View Post
Hayley that is one sweet looking shop, my god. out side of what looks like a fiber blanket to the left of the hood, I think its clean enough to eat off the bench. wow
Thanks, murf . . . if you think that's clean, you got to see our woodshop (VERY small, about a quarter the size of yours!). We have some woodworking buddies over and they didn't believe we actually made anything in the shop coz there was no saw dust anywhere! lol! Since torching, I haven't done much woodworking tho so my partner has the shop pretty much all to himself. The lampwork station used to be our finishing table, our wee shop is on the other side of the wall you see in the pix.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-05-08, 3:05pm

Here's a couple of pictures of my studio.
Work area:

Bead Cleaning area: