Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-09-16, 1:25pm

Default I'll show you my beads.....

If you'll show me what you made for Beads of Courage yesterday.

Here's my haul, just some ice cream cones and mice on cheese. I haven't even cleaned them yet. 18 more in the kiln today.

What did you make?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-16, 2:08pm
Loving learning

Those are adorable! The kids are going to love them I'm sure.

I wasn't as prolific or creative, only made 4 BOC before I worked on some for my niece's already gone birthday gift.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-16, 4:50pm

Love that angry bird. The kids will flip when they see it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-09-16, 4:51pm
...displaced ocean lover

Too cute!!!

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Now featuring SOCK MONKEY AND SEA TURTLE beads!

....and now with Hot Steeeeenking Peppers!!!

...and Muggle Made Sorting Hats
Old 2012-09-16, 4:56pm
Loving learning

It sure is nice seeing on their FB page how many people took part and how many beads will be making their way to the kids!

I've only got a total of 18 ready so far, so I'll be holding on to these & adding to them a while since they have so many going in right now.
Old 2012-09-16, 6:16pm

Diane, what color did you use for your ice-cream cones. I will be getting my beads tomorrow, I made ice cream cones, but I'm afraid it was the wrong color (like will turn out barfy looking). I really like your color.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2012-09-16, 7:31pm

Thanks Lara, It's Reichenbach RL-7205, Caramel. It's one of th 104 COE colors and it's a dead ringer for the color of a sugar cone.

Here's a link:

Old 2012-09-16, 7:37pm
Loving learning

Lara, I bet whatever color you used, the beads will be a hit with the kids.
Old 2012-09-16, 7:52pm

Eileen is so right! I've used everything from light brown to avocado and the kiddos love them all!

Old 2012-09-17, 11:38am

Here are the beads I made yesterday: a few space aliens based on Heather Kelly's tutorial for gremlins in the Oct. Soda Lime Times and some ice cream sundaes. Wow were these fun to make! I didn't want to stop, but I have a small kiln and couldn't fit another bead it it.

Come on now...show me what you've been making.

Old 2012-09-17, 11:48am
...displaced ocean lover

That's it! I'm copying you.

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-09-17, 12:09pm

Copy anything you like! And please show me your photos.
I love to see what everyone else is making.

Old 2012-09-18, 4:57am

Bravo! What great beads! I'll bet the kids will love all of those great beads!
ginger
Old 2012-09-18, 7:32am
what's a senior moment ?

Great beads ! The kids will love them ! I'm just getting back on the torch after being off all this past hot summer and am looking forward to making more beads for the kids. I gotta look at that gremlins tutorial again.

Old 2012-09-18, 7:59am
Queen Bee

Oh my gosh, they are all so cute - but I LOVE those ice cream sundays!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-09-18, 1:03pm
...displaced ocean lover

Yes^^^^^^^^^
I'm totally making/copying those SUNDAY'S! (except. ....my pistachio might be more guacamole-ish)

Introducing...MY Etsy!!

Old 2012-09-18, 3:03pm

i LOVE the ice-cream sundays!!!
Old 2012-09-18, 3:55pm

Thanks so much. The sundaes are so much fun and after working through a few I figured out a really easy method for making them. Takes me about 10 minutes from start to finish. I plan t include a tutorial for making them in the Feb. 2012 issue of the magazine.

BTW, I used the last of my Uroboros 104 clear Ron Bearer sent me to make the sundaes and I am so in love with that stuff!

Old 2012-09-18, 6:45pm
I think I could be a bead

Here are some of mine.

Some seasonal beads.

Eyeballs!

Jelly Bears

Bead bowl shot

Old 2012-09-18, 7:25pm

Here are mine. Blech, the IPad didn't take a very good photo. Yes, I'm blaming the iPad.
Attached Images

Old 2012-09-18, 7:45pm

Everyone's beads are so cute! The kiddies are going to crazy! Well done, everyone!
Old 2012-09-18, 8:34pm

Mallory, I love those mummies! If I was a kid I'd glom right onto one of those. Lara, you know I love that kitty with the heart murrini by Lori and Kim. So stinkin' cute!

Old 2012-09-20, 7:34pm

Thanks Diane.

Old 2012-09-21, 12:04pm
Pobody's nerfect!

Thought I'd show my BOC challenge day beads too. This was fun (and I only have a few more to clean before sending!) I have a bowlful of random stuff that has been gathering dust in my office that I'll probably send too!

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die -- whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness” -- Gilda Radner
Old 2012-09-21, 12:15pm
Loving learning

Everyone has made such great beads, I know some child will be smiling to receive each one someday.
Old 2012-09-21, 12:53pm

Sherri, they are wonderful. Those critters are absolutely adorable and I know they will make the kids smile!

Old 2012-09-21, 2:53pm
Pobody's nerfect!

Thanks Diane, I think I've become obsessed with making critters since they can be wonky and still be cute lol. I'm loving your drippy ice cream cones--they look real enough to eat

"While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die -- whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness” -- Gilda Radner
Old 2012-09-25, 7:56am

These are GREAT! I've been making donuts and bumble bees. I'll try to post a picture.

I've also been told they are still accepting purple hearts, so I've made a few of those too.
Old 2012-09-25, 8:26am

Hi Robin, I think BOC can always use beautifully made purple hearts. They are some of my favorite beads to make! Can't wait to see your donuts and bees.

Old 2012-09-25, 9:52am

We had our day at Brazee on the 22. Except for one dotty bead that didn't make the picture, and the green monster that sneaked onto the frame, here are mine.