Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-05-21, 9:08am

Thumbs up ABR Bead Release

Is awesome!
I loved BOM which is no more but let me tell you that the ABR has it beat. Yep that's what I said ABR bead release is so much better.
Goes on smooth, stays tight through all the tugging & smooshing then cleans up so darn easily there isn't a bit of residue left inside the holes.
Guys you have a winner!! Thanks again for the great service.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
= finally
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

= Nada
On a Minor with a Regalia
Old 2010-05-21, 9:15am
Bead Obsessed

Wow, I feel exactly the opposite! I HATE it. It's the worst bead release I ever used. Could not get the little buggers off the mandrel to save my life. I went back to Foster's because I was using BOM (which I love).

Old 2010-05-21, 11:02am
Lampworkaholic!

Hmm, I did not like BOM, does that mean I will love ABR? Can't wait to find out!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-05-21, 11:52am

Thanks! We have nothing but good reviews up to now.

SELSEY, i'm sorry you had a tough time with it. all we've heard about is how easily the beads come off the mandrel. we've heard this from tons of people.

Old 2010-05-21, 1:31pm

tough time indeed to hate it , what was the issue that it gave you ? stuck mandrels from overworking or too much to remove after usage or too thin
can you give me some idea of why you did not like it?
thanks

if you want to chat you can email me at
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-05-22, 6:42am
Live and Let Live

So funny how people can have polar opposite opinions of the same product. Still wish it came in a sample size so we could try it before committing to an expensive large bottle.

Old 2010-05-22, 1:23pm

I second the vote for a trial size bottle.

I like to buy a 4 oz and then restock with a big bottle. I then keep refilling the little bottle. It's just more convenient for dipping mandrels that way as well.

Old 2010-05-22, 5:14pm
Bead Obsessed

I tried both a single layer and when that didn't work I tried double dipping. The release didn't release the beads after soaking all day in water and using pliers to try to coax them off. I used it just as I did any other release for the past 7 1/2 years. Dip, air dried, heat just where the bead would go, apply glass, work glass, anneal, soak. I lost about 6 of the twelve beads and the ones I was able to get off the mandrels bent from the effort to remove the beads. Since then I've been using BOM and Foster's and haven't had a single problem.

Old 2010-05-23, 8:48am

Selsey - have you tried putting a drop of dish soap in your soaking water? The soap helps break the surface tension of the bead release. This method has worked for me on BOM, FPI, and ABR. Also, I put a piece of green vegetable drawer shelf-liner over my mandrel and then use a locking vice-grip to hold the mandrel over the shelf-liner. I grab the bead with a piece of scotch-brite and my beads just twist-slide off the mandrels, even if I only soak for an hour.
under construction -
Old 2010-05-23, 9:15am

Quote:
Selsey - have you tried putting a drop of dish soap in your soaking water? The soap helps break the surface tension of the bead release. This method has worked for me on BOM, FPI, and ABR. Also, I put a piece of green vegetable drawer shelf-liner over my mandrel and then use a locking vice-grip to hold the mandrel over the shelf-liner. I grab the bead with a piece of scotch-brite and my beads just twist-slide off the mandrels, even if I only soak for an hour.
I have always used the dish washing soap. Someone told me about it years ago & it really does work like a charm for me.

= finally

= Nada
On a Minor with a Regalia
Old 2010-05-23, 9:29am
Bead Obsessed

I even tried putting them in the freezer. In my opinion I shouldn't have to do anything different than I've done for the last 7 1/2 years. It just doesn't like me.....several others work very well for me so I'll use the ones I don't have to struggle with.

Old 2010-05-23, 6:52pm

I love it. Works great w/boro beads. Goes a long way with very little flaking - which is common with boro beads IMHO unless you buy more expensive stuff. I really had no problems.

Old 2010-05-24, 8:27am
one day at a time

Quote:
I second the vote for a trial size bottle.

I like to buy a 4 oz and then restock with a big bottle. I then keep refilling the little bottle. It's just more convenient for dipping mandrels that way as well.
This is a great idea! This is what I do too. I would love to try this bead release. I am faithful to using KRAG Mudd, but I would love to try some others because I am getting into boro more now.
Old 2010-05-24, 11:17am

I wish we could get it in a trial size too! I am very wary of not being able to get the beads off because I can't use several other popular releases on my long beads for that very reason. I am currently using Dirty Louises with success but am open to using others. But I've wasted money on full sizes of others and not been happy so I'm not willing to try that again!
Mary T.

Old 2010-05-24, 11:51am

so, i have come up with a solution, that i hope pleases you guys.

next time you order, leave a note in the comments box, or mention when you call, that you want a 4 oz. jar of the bead release. we will have to break these bottles down ourselves, so we will charge 5 dollars for the 4 oz. jars. if you make an order of $100 or more, we will just throw it in free.

we'd like to keep it one jar per customer. if you like it, we'd appreciate you ordering the 16 oz. jar the second time.

hopefully, we can show you guys how great this bead release is, and you'll want to buy it by the gallon!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-05-24, 1:53pm
Bead Obsessed

After reading all of your replys I'm wondering if I got a bad bottle somehow. I looked at it last night and the only thing I can see that could possibly be wrong is that it is very thin, about the consistency of broth, little thicker than water but not like a melted milk shake. Maybe I should let it sit with the lid off for awhile and see if it thickens and try it again.

Old 2010-05-25, 4:53pm

Sheryl,
I bought a bottle when ABR was in KC recently and dipped a couple mandrels when I got home. It was so watery that I thought I had made a bad decision on the purchase. I left the lid off for a day and saw it had separated so I could see lots of water on top. I poured off a lot of the water, shook it up, and tried it again. It worked perfectly! I love this bead release! It worked great with flame dry and pre-dipped mandrels. My beads came off easily after soaking in water and the bead hole is easy to clean with the dremel.

Pandora, Biagi, Troll, and more, bead sets, and focals.

Old 2010-05-25, 9:28pm
Bead Obsessed

Quote:
It was so watery that I thought I had made a bad decision on the purchase. I left the lid off for a day and saw it had separated so I could see lots of water on top. I poured off a lot of the water, shook it up, and tried it again. It worked perfectly!
This sounds just like the bottle I have. I'm going to try this. Thanks.

Old 2010-06-04, 6:07am

hey there are now two formulas of the abr bead release!!!!!
the old formula which hold the bead to the mandrel and does not let beads spin very often .
the new formula is a easier release type that will still hold but has more of a releasing agent to allow for easier clean out of your beads!!!

this stuff will come off much easier than the first formula but it also will not hold as well for those who are beginning or making larger beads. However if you are making clear or more transparent beads and need a release that will come off cleaner, this is for you!

We will have this online by the end of the day but if you call us now we will give you a super le special to get you all to try this stuff out!!!!

so
call today and speak to bill, tim, caleb, or myself and we will give you a 16 oz bottle for only $17.50 delivered!!!! regular price is $21 plus shipping.

man we cant sell it for any less!!!

this is good stuff and we need your feedback so please help us and take advantage of this offer!!!!

866-342-4764

Thanks
Ross

Old 2010-06-04, 11:02pm

Ross,
This sounds great...although I already love the original, but would like to try the new stuff, too.
Will you also be doing the 4 oz. jar of the new bead release?

P.S. It is so great to deal with a company that actually listens to their customers!!! Thanks, Ross!!

Pandora, Biagi, Troll, and more, bead sets, and focals.

Old 2010-06-08, 10:55am

we'd be happy to do some 4 oz. jars of the new stuff too. just make a note in the comments box on your web order, or mention it when you call.

Old 2010-06-09, 5:05am

To kwwp pricing down on this release we will only be selling the 16 oz bottles but as dave states we will make any one interested the 4 oz testers at 1/4th the price of the larger bottle as we kick off the release of this new product!!!

Also please take a chance to look at our newest product!!!!

thannks
ross

Old 2011-01-18, 6:53am

Bump*

Both ABR bead release, formulas 20% off this week.