No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-16, 12:33am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Question Glass Chocolats

I am looking for the perfect brown to make some glass chocolats.

Special brown from effetre has a red undertone. Vetro is a bit better but still not really a choco brown.

I work in all coe's so all suggestions would be great.

I would love a Pure chocolate color ( milk chocolate would be good too )

Thanks

Currently on a Knight Bullet and 2 oxycons and tanked oxy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-16, 12:39am
one day at a time

Lauscha cocoa.
Old 2010-08-16, 12:45am
Gimme that silver glass!

This is Lauscha cocoa, not sure it's the right "chocolate" color (even though I named the bead chocolate, lol).

It's more of a gray-brown to me honestly...

Maybe try to mix some colors together? I know Cynthia made some gorgeous glass chocolates, not sure which color she used though .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2010-08-16, 3:15am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Nope cocoa is not a chocolat color in my opinion. Maybe i should have mentioned that

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-16, 5:14am
Unmedicated since '62

what about jupiter? its kinda chocolateyer that it appears here, the ears are a good example
Attached Images

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-08-16, 5:54am
Formerly FishBulb

You could try using dark brown enamels and completely coating the bead.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2010-08-16, 6:52am

Lauscha Coco with a thin coat of CIM Maple makes a pretty chocolate.
Old 2010-08-16, 7:17am

We have a little bit of this awsome Northstar experimental color, Double Deluxe Half-caff Mocha Coffe Latte. It's pretty chocolaty.
Old 2010-08-16, 7:20am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABRCaleb View Post
We have a little bit of this awsome Northstar experimental color, Double Deluxe Half-caff Mocha Coffe Latte. It's pretty chocolaty.
OOO NOOOO. If i had only known that i would have asked Dave to ad some to my order

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-16, 7:59am

I used Effetre dark brown for the semi-sweet, and the lithg brown for the milk.
Vetro pastel ivory makes a good white chocolate but good luck finding that color these days.

Old 2010-08-16, 10:24am
Lampworkaholic!

Bullseye Fudge, aka Fudgesicle. Dreamy dark brown.

Cynthia those look delicious and real enough to eat!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2010-08-16, 2:28pm
Disconnected

Effetre Choco-latta if you can grab some!

Old 2010-08-17, 2:55am
Tonbodama Murrini maker

Thank you all for your replies.

I will just have to order a new bath of special dark brown and hope this time it is more of a brown than it is of a red-brown

Will be continued

|
|
|
|
|
|
Old 2010-08-17, 4:32pm

now I want the real thang lol
Old 2010-08-17, 6:00pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

This is Effetre Choco-latta and I think it's pretty much chocolate brown.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-08-17, 6:12pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassactcc View Post
I used Effetre dark brown for the semi-sweet, and the lithg brown for the milk.
Vetro pastel ivory makes a good white chocolate but good luck finding that color these days.

I've only made chocolates once,but I used the same colors as Cynthia and loved them!

Old 2010-08-17, 10:08pm

Dumb bo (my kids dispute I'm blond) here ... but what is lithg brown????

Old 2010-08-17, 10:43pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
Dumb bo (my kids dispute I'm blond) here ... but what is lithg brown????
It's the way I spell "light" when I type too fast and don't proof read.

Old 2010-08-18, 6:37pm

duh! Lol ... thanks for explaining! I thought it was some secret everyone else but me was in on!

Old 2010-08-20, 6:33pm

Devardi has a lovely deep chocolate brown color, not red at all. it's opaque and looks like Hershey's Special Dark chocolate. i received some in a factory lots assortment. The COE is 104 and it's $5.99 per lb.
Old 2010-08-20, 7:27pm

Devardi also has wonderful medium chocolate brown

Dark brown

Old 2010-08-20, 8:11pm

Ooooo...I like those cocolate colors Sonja.

Old 2010-08-21, 12:21pm
burnin' glass just becuz

great thread and keep the colour suggestions coming. i have to make a pile of these for wedding favours over the next few months.

Give ideas away - there are new ones underneath... Diane Vreeland
Old 2010-08-22, 7:25pm

Okay Cynthia, Your chocolates make me drool! Oh and thanks for explaining lihgt...I was confused too

Bette