Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-12-24, 8:40am

Default Houston Hotties rock!

I just have to do a bit of bragging on my ISGB chapter, the Houston Hotties (Houston Society of Glass Beadmakers). This year our chapter made 7850 beads for BOC!

Many of our monthly presentations revolve around BOC and we have some very dedicated members who give the majority of the beads they make to this fine organization. One of our members, Ginger Young, makes so many BOC beads that we should really just weigh hers and count them by the pound. I'm not even sure she sleeps, because it doesn't seem possible for one person to make that many beads.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep up the good work Hotties. I'm proud to be one of you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-12-24, 11:36am

Such happy news - great work Hotties!
Old 2010-12-24, 3:50pm
Never give up

Wow great job Hotties.
Old 2010-12-26, 12:00am

A
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Diane, you're making me blush. If I can give just one of those children a nano second of escape from what they are going through, it's worth every thing that I can do and I'm pleased to be a part of the Houston Hotties!
I have had help with other members cleaning my beads for me, & that's just as important because it takes several steps to get the beads to the children that need them. Thanks to everyone who has helped me by cleaning my beads, donated to BOC, or just found out about it & is ready to start making beads for them!
It makes me feel that I'm doing something useful and worthwhile. I applaud the BOC program.
Merry Christmas to all,
ginger
Old 2010-12-28, 7:01am

WooHOO!!!!
Great job, guys! The kiddos sure need those beads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-12-28, 9:00am

Great job Hotties!