No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2015-06-27, 10:40am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Default Silver Powder

I've been on a massive clean it up spree in studio....if in need, I know where ther are many spiders looking for new homes!!! Anyway, in the clean out of drawers, a small vial of something looking like gray dryer lint revealed itself....it is silver powder that for some reason years ago I HAD to have....now I can't remember how to use it!!!mseems to me it was add a tiny tiny bit to frit but can't remember for sure. Anybody????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-06-27, 11:06am
Borovangelist

I've spritzed frit with a couple drops of water and tossed it with some silver powder to coat it. Neat effects

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
Old 2015-06-27, 11:41am
They see me rollin'...

I have some too, and never used it.

I think the plan was to use it on ivory or another reactive glass, like using silver leaf or foil but more fritty. lol

I forgot I had it, but your post jogged my memory. It's funny, because I have some bronze and copper powder on order so that I can make my own metal clay. I wonder if the silver powder would work for that? I believe that it is fine silver powder.

-Patti
Old 2015-06-27, 11:41am
They see me rollin'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
I've spritzed frit with a couple drops of water and tossed it with some silver powder to coat it. Neat effects
That's a cool idea!

-Patti
Old 2015-06-27, 8:51pm
Slogan Challenged...

I think there was a tut out once, was it by Sheila Davis. For a certain kind of reaction using that and some other things. I think it came with the tut for a while, Tidal beads or something? You could look if you have the tut, probably when you got it?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2015-06-28, 12:19am
It's all about the color.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/9910576...or-lampworkers

You have to buy the silver powder mixture. The recipe is no longer included in the tutorial.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2015-06-28, 7:51am
Irish Eyes A Smiling

Thanks all! I think I do have the tutorial on a laptop someplace!! Maybe it was a hard copy but I know it is in the stacks somewhere!!