Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-12-08, 8:08am

The colors in these beads are caramel luster and lavender.

Not sure what I used in this one...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-12-08, 11:00am
Butterfly Rancher

The top beads are beautiful but I love the large focal bead! It reminds me of the ocean somehow.

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2007-12-10, 6:25pm

Oops, I meant to show my flower in this thread with the newbies.

Purple luster flower...

Old 2007-12-13, 12:25pm

I repeast Newbies?? lolol I want to eat that last one! Great job!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-12-13, 7:47pm

Warning picture piggy
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-14, 7:34am

Yummy, Kare - every one! Tell us about the glass you used - pretty please. Your colors are vibrant as always. The pinks are divine and I love the leaf...

Judy

Lynx & Hurricane
Old 2007-12-14, 3:41pm
Fire and Fluidity

Hi everyone,

I just posted a raked hearts tut in the other thread. Let me know how it works for you. -Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2007-12-14, 4:14pm

The dark red heart was an accident, I picked up the wrong glass, it is GA Red agate with GA persimmons strike frit. Have to check on the others. I'm really bad about grabing rods that are laying out.

Old 2007-12-14, 4:28pm

Mike S is teasing over on the Glasstiqu thread so I'll 'fes up the blush coral and the leaf are GA test colors, no name.

Old 2007-12-14, 4:29pm

Thanks Judy, I tend to be heat aggressive, which is great for some colors and not so good for others.

Old 2007-12-17, 12:11pm

just a couple from me... have a good day
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-17, 1:07pm

Glorious colors! Very yummy! They look like candy!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2007-12-18, 3:10pm

PS the angel and earlier beads I posted at #95 (except for the red heart) are he new colors Mike is teasing you about Heidi.. hehe

Old 2007-12-18, 3:19pm
Pyromaniac

So Kare -- those are a new Glasstique pink? A real boro pink we don't have to pull ourselves? OMG I almost can't breathe, LOL.
Me want.

Seriously, I was wondering when someone would make some good pink cane to sell...

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2007-12-18, 3:50pm

It came out a peach/pink for me but looks great with "gone to heaven red" frit from VB or GA persimmons strike . The barrel in 95 has a little PS frit but mainly clear. Let me see if I can find a pic of my test rod..... Have to post later, I'm on a PDA at work and piture isn't working right now. The other used in the leaf gets some great pink color also

Old 2007-12-18, 4:21pm

ga test rods this shows a third I haven't done much with
Attached Images

Old 2007-12-18, 6:33pm

those are just yummy, Kare!

Here's some new stuff from me...

And an angel

Old 2007-12-21, 8:50pm

Momka colors...
american beauty with cherry blossom slices and Green pearl (?) with crystel ble and some frit.
Attached Images

Old 2008-01-25, 1:38pm
Fire and Fluidity

Default Helloooooo?

No one has posted in either of these threads for over a month. Anyone still around?

-Don-

Old 2008-01-25, 2:20pm
Bliss Junkie

of course!!

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2008-01-25, 4:15pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kare TX View Post
ga test rods this shows a third I haven't done much with
What colors are those??

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-25, 4:22pm

don't now yet. hopefully they will be releasing soon and we can se what they named them. I posted those a while ago. You can see some beads that I did with them above.

We didn't seem to get as much response here with the newbie thread but it is going strong and growing on WC.

Old 2008-01-26, 12:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kare TX View Post
just a couple from me... have a good day

Is the first one the milky pink rod? This one looks very INTERESTING!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-26, 6:37pm

Heidi,
Post number 95 above has beads done with both test rods. Ga Persimmons strike frit (and some VB heavenly red) on the red-peach beads and amazon bronze on the leaf.
The angel was the peach/pink rod w/ frit

Old 2008-01-26, 8:23pm

Hmmm they look like an opaque TP or AP. Yummy!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2008-01-27, 7:31am

the range of colors from these is fun. I'm hopeing they release soon!! These were all done with the tan rod. The dark color on all is amazon bronze
Attached Images

Old 2008-01-31, 9:32am

couple rings (Tut for these is in the newbie tutorial thread) and a large vessel bead
Attached Images

Old 2008-01-31, 9:35am

Cool Kare!

Anyone else have pics from the tutorials to share?

Old 2008-02-01, 6:33pm
Fire and Fluidity

I have been working on a tut for vessels blown from tubing, and have been teaching a newby student (very talented) while working out the teaching method. I'm finding it very difficult to make it understandable using still photos. So much of this stuff depends on timing and reading the heat in the piece while actually blowing, stretching and twisting!
My video camera and computer have issues with each other, so I can't yet do it by video (Utube). Anyone out there have help with a JVC GR-D33 mimicam? My computer won't see it, and I have been all over the internet trying to find a solution.

-Don-

Last edited by fyrsmith; 2008-02-01 at 6:35pm.
Old 2008-02-03, 10:13pm

Hey Don,

Not sure what OS you are using but if you are on XP you might have a problem. Check out this thread http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messa...91/134082.html. I don't have that camera but I did a google search and found that information.

Minor with tanked oxygen.