No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-08-21, 10:50am
Gimme that silver glass!

Ohhhh me like, me want that tut!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:00pm

I want to get one. Only I like the pdf also. Go figure. Ahhh. I am getting the larger lpm 15. Just purchased it. Yes. Here I come boro.

Also I think I know how you do the vessel with out a mandrel. Yes.

Rose Leslie

Last edited by Rose Leslie; 2008-08-21 at 12:18pm.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:17pm

Yeah, Most everyone wants the PDF which is great,.. We're going to do it in DVD Video too, for those who want it..

Thank you all for the support!!
I'm going to do my very best.. Promise!
Old 2008-08-22, 8:10am
Pyromaniac

Yay no bead release, I love it already!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-08-22, 9:04am

Default Hi Sandy

can we get both formats too???--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, Most everyone wants the PDF which is great,.. We're going to do it in DVD Video too, for those who want it..

have you gotten all the little EF beads yet??? what a joy to open them all up, like little presents!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2008-08-22, 2:44pm

Yep, Both formats. Just about done with the DVD. Still working on the PDF, Taking photo's.

Here's one of the vessels I used in the video. Might use it, might not. It's staggered pleats instead of just one color variation pleat.. Was fun to make. Instead, We may just stay with one color combo and I'll just tell you how to create this type of pleat as an alternative pattern.
I don't want it to get to convoluted.

Old 2008-08-22, 2:57pm

Oh man this is definitely one I am getting!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-08-22, 3:00pm

that is too cool!

Old 2008-08-22, 3:05pm
Pyromaniac

I'm ready.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-08-22, 4:17pm

Good pictures, Sandy. I feel like I'm looking over your shoulder. Yes the last pic should be on the cover, very disturbing. LOL
Old 2008-08-22, 4:57pm
I need more boro stuff

I'm going to get this tut. Looks awesome.

Keep us posted please.

Old 2008-08-23, 3:22pm

OH Whew! We are finished photographing. At present we have 280 images. I need to cut that down some but oh oh oh!! They ALL turned out so awesome. We are really please. Now, We'll spend tonight and tomorrow editing and video the DVD part or the tut..

I"ll show the vessel we used after it comes out of the kiln. I'm really excited and can hardly wait for the PDF to go up for sale. I definitely want to get some feedback and see photo's of oyur finished Pleated vessels!!

Woohoo! I'm off to start editing after 5 hours of shooting.. MY back is killing me right now, LOL, and poor Randy.. hehehe.. He took all the photo's and he's waxed! ha ha..

Talk to ya'll later when I need another break.. This is a blast but tiring.. I will show a couple photo's from the shoot later, just as a teaser.. Bwwaaahahaha!
Old 2008-08-23, 3:31pm

your bad sandy

Old 2008-08-23, 4:17pm

Old 2008-08-24, 12:06am

Well, We finally got all the photo's edited and We have 127 images for the tutorial and it will be approx 40 extremely detailed pages long in PDF.
Randy's photography is outstanding.. if it's ok to brag on my Sweet hubby for taking the time to do this for me. and do it so well. We're both very happy with the outcome and hope all of you will be happy too.

I'm hoping to have it completely finished and ready by mid week this week (and it should be). I will put a link directly to it in my signature when it's ready to go

Thanks everyone for so much support. I truly hope you will be happy. It's late so I'll post a little sneak preview hopefully tomorrow to give you an idea what to expect.

Night night Y'all!
Old 2008-08-24, 12:26am
Totally Lost

I can't wait for this!

Old 2008-08-24, 11:46am

Here's a little Preview of the first page.

ETA. I've removed this image. It was too large and caused scrolling.

Last edited by slcuniques; 2008-08-26 at 11:39pm.
Old 2008-08-24, 11:48am
Totally Lost

*waiting to click buy it now*

Old 2008-08-24, 12:57pm
Butterfly Rancher

Waiting impatiently!

And I'd forgotten about your DH the photographer. I loved the photos you shared from his book. I'm guessing the photography in your tutorial is going to be amazing!

May 2014 -- Good-bye Florida and Hello Colorado
Old 2008-08-24, 2:18pm

Looks great so far .... can't wait!

Sals
Old 2008-08-24, 2:21pm
Who me?

I have a worm on my tongue - translation....waiting with baited breath.
Old 2008-08-24, 4:24pm

Oh please let it be done! I can't await but will have to. Just dangle the bait from the fishing line. Yes it it going to be great.

Rose Leslie
Old 2008-08-24, 5:15pm

DROOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 2008-08-24, 5:21pm
Is it May yet?

I think I may purchase my first tutorial ever!!!

For some, confusion is not a state of mind, but a way of life
Old 2008-08-24, 6:30pm
Borovangelist

tutty tease!

|
|
Old 2008-08-24, 6:58pm
Anyone need some spacers?

If I am reading this right you will be doing it for both soft and boro glass? Will you also be showing your trick to not using any bead release?

I can't wait!

Old 2008-08-24, 7:55pm

The tutorial is done using Boro because I don't use soft glass any longer but my daughter does so she made one along side of me in soft glass while I was making one in boro, teaching her how to make them. This tutorial is for use with soft glass, Bulls eye and boro.

As for not using bead release, That will be another tutorial in the future.
I do not use bead release in this tutorial.
Old 2008-08-24, 8:02pm

I'm getting much closer to completing the tut tonight. All thats left is the text. It is 41 pages with 39 pages ofr full size 127 images that are sharp sharp sharp as a tack! You will be able to see every detail, even the little hair line scratches on the glass rods. WOW!
I'm so dad gum excited to see how these images look in pdf.. Woohoo!

Thanks for all the support you guys! I won't let you down!!
Old 2008-08-24, 8:14pm

Tap, Tap, Tap.......

Old 2008-08-24, 8:19pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

I'm confused, Sandy. You're not using bead release in this tut, but you're not explaining "how" you're not using it?

This looks like an exciting tutorial, but it really piqued my interest with the no bead release issue.

Could you clarify it for me? LOL!!