Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-01-09, 10:58am
I'm meeeeelting

Wow! A Roger Parramore demo alone is worth the price of admission.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-10, 5:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Wooohooo Bear! WTG dear! We have had our fingers crossed about Roger, that is awesome! Griffin makes great tools and Wale will have some killer deals too!

We are hoping for a first visit to a GS from Mary from Carlisle too, they have supported us with torches since the inception of GS, Thank you Carlisle!

Ah...this is gonna be a groundbreaking year for GS East for sure, don't miss it!

debster

Old 2010-01-10, 6:03pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Boy, you said it Felicia! Roger's demos are amazing, plus Fig and Margaret, unbelievable talent!

We will be contacting class submission artists in the next 2 days for GS West and let you know if your classes were accepted. This is going to be a tough decision....but some awesome classes submitted.

Full roster of classes for GS East will be up for viewing by Feb 10th, GS West roster will be up by March 10th.
more soon....deb

Old 2010-01-10, 7:51pm
Bitten by the travel bug

So sad I cant manage another trip so soon... but Im hoping to be back next year!!! (so East had better happen then - its in my school holidays, so I wont need to take leave!!)

Im jealous - but you will all have a ball. If you are considering entering, jump on the bandwagon now, its an amazing experience!!

PS Deb - check out some of my fish Ive made since GS! http://suzanne-catching-up.blogspot....ve-season.html

Old 2010-01-13, 10:30pm
Lovin the Lampworker life

Hi Bear and Deb!!!! I am so excited about Glass Stock East! Wahoo!!!! We are going to drive up from Florida, hopefully in the recreational vehicle and camp. I am so stoked to get to hang with Barry and Cindy again and watch in awe as they torch away. Rock on you awesome glass-tabulous beings! Hugs! Doretha

Doretha Jones, D.V.M.
Carlisle Mini CC, Lucio Burner and Hellcat, on tank oxygen
Old 2010-01-14, 5:33am
Master Blaster

Hi Doc
It will be good to see you at GSE be prepared to have a lot of fun. We have put together some very interesting classes. I have been working on some new techniques to share and their will be new tools and equipment from our venders.

The formula Deb has developed for Glass Stock works so well I am really having fun working on this event.

See ya Bear
Old 2010-01-15, 8:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

Suz, WOW, those fish are incredible!!! I am so proud, you are really taking off with them, fun huh? Miss you and wish you could come back every year!

Doc, I know, I am so excited too....camp fires under the stars and a killer line up of teachers with torches blazing, what could be a better Independence celebration! Come join us at GSEast for the first ever, ground breaking East coast event!

Bear has some new ideas for us and as always I am looking forward to doing some more collaboration with him and Cindylou! Woohoo, you rock Bear!

With almost 8 years refining this event we are applying all of that from my original Glass Stock (now GSWest in Eugene OR over Labor day) to GS East and with lots of Barry's help we are putting an east coast spin on it.

Hope to see you all at a GS soon! deb

Old 2010-01-19, 7:01pm

Default Looking forward to it...

Can't believe that the last time I was here was October 2008... I'm really psyched about GS east. For anyone who has never been there, Tom's place it phenomenal! It'll be so great to see some of you folks I already know and to meet some new ones. I know that I've been kinda MIA for a while but life sometimes happens.
Doc, you'll love it.

See you there.
Old 2010-01-19, 9:16pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm dying to know who's teaching what and where. Talk to me people.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-22, 10:46am
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia, we are working on the rosters now...we have picked instructors for both events and are working on which classes will work where next. The class pages are scheduled to be up with classes offered by mid to end of Feb for East and mid March for West.

We will post when they are ready as soon as they are up, it will take that long to finalize them before I make them viewable to everyone.

I am so excited at both of the line ups, some really great classes being offered again this year!

Wish I could talk to you now sweetie but we have work work out last minute details before we advertise classes! Hang in there everyone!

hugs, deb

Old 2010-01-22, 10:51am
I'm meeeeelting

Oh, I didn't expect you to post the rosters already, Deb. I was just hoping a few of the LEers who are teaching would post and give us a few hints of what they have up their sleeves.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-22, 1:58pm
Always with a smile!

Hi Deb,
I sent in and am hoping to be your "go to" first aid person again for West. Can't wait, although I'll miss the beach and the seals and the sushi. Looking forward to more info.
Jill

) and
)
Old 2010-01-22, 3:39pm
da General

Deb - What kind of ventilation system does Eugene Glass School have for lampworking?

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-01-23, 8:56pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Jill, that is wonderful, as always, our fabulous Staff Nurse!! Can't wait to see you! xoxo

Hayley, they have huge vent fans and lots of roll up doors, a great set up! You can contact Sam at EGS for more info. I am very excited to have it all in one building again, plus no worries about Hot shop, Fire Marshall, oxy/propane deliveries plus Saeed cooks some delicious food. Not to mention dear Hugh and Sam's help plus the staff there.

I have also hooked up some live bands for GS West and we are trying to get a roasted pig/turkey feast all for Sunday night too, it is going to be awesome!!!

deb

Old 2010-01-23, 9:01pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Felicia,I know, hard to wait
I can say that Lea Avroch, Lisa Rippee and Jackie (rats, last name?) will be added as new instructor/attendees at GS West this year!
We will also have regular staff and a few surprise artists, who didn't love watching ALL the surprise artists demo at GS09? What a blast that was!

is it summer yet????
deb

Old 2010-01-23, 9:14pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Live bands, whoo hoo!!! Sounds like a party!! Cannot wait!!!

Old 2010-01-23, 9:39pm
Master Procrastinator

Was just thinking the same thing Lisa!

Live bands! WOOHOO!!! CANNOT WAIT!!!

Old 2010-01-23, 9:49pm
I'm meeeeelting

That sounds like a blast!

We've already rented a house and Lea and Lisa have booked their flights. We're not anxious at all.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-23, 9:52pm
Master Procrastinator

LMAO Felicia! Why'd you have to go & tell them? We sound like a bunch of dorks! .....which we are apparently!

Old 2010-01-23, 10:03pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

LOL

Old 2010-01-23, 10:18pm
I'm meeeeelting

Huge dorks but at least the company's good.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-01-24, 3:34am

Hi Deb...sent my e-mail off. So glad I found this thread. I don't have Mitchelle to help organize me like in the past....Can't wait to rock it at Eugene. I have wanted to visit their school so that is going to be exciting.
hearts to you and hope to see you soon.

Vanity (jo)

Woody this is the one to sign up for.....it is well worth the $ and you will have a great time.
Old 2010-01-25, 12:39pm
Wooohooo,GS!

LOL! Dorks unite...I am right there with you girlz! I am really looking forward to an exciting year!

It is going to be a blast....and don't forget, the EGS Flame Off is the weekend before and we are going to rock it then too! I love being a timekeeper and cheering them all on, it is really unbelievable watching all of them compete! You can learn an awful lot just watching them, admission is way cheap for the thrill! So come do the whole 10 days in Eugene, it will be unforgetable for sure!

Jo, so sorry, I haven't emailed past attendees yet...got to do that before I head south east....but please spread the news! We are looking forward to seeing you this year....I sure hope you can make it and hubby is ok now! Due to you missing it last minute for extreme health circumstances, I am holding a spot for you girl.....please come and have some fun with us! xoxo

BIG hugs, deb

Old 2010-02-02, 9:45am

Can hardly wait for this. I had so much fun last year. Roz absolutely rocks. Well, the whole group does. Warm, friendly, welcoming, helpful and many other adjectives.
Big whoo whoo for Eugene too.
Joan
Old 2010-02-02, 10:00am
Wooohooo,GS!

Joan, you are such a sweetie, I really enjoyed meeting you! We will have demos set up in the MIDDLE of the action for everyone so they can see how awesome your demo was instead of 3 buildings...that is going to be awesome to see everything going on at once, whoo whoo is right!
Hugs deb

Old 2010-02-04, 2:20am
Frustrated Artist

I have sent off my entry and now will not so patiently wait till April.

As for the FLAME OFF, it is a blast. I entered last year. While it was terrifying, it was also exhilarating.

Off to dream of gatherings of glassy peeps.

Old 2010-02-04, 2:22am
Frustrated Artist

Double post so I will just say again.
the FLAME OFF ROCKS

Old 2010-02-07, 9:11am
Wooohooo,GS!

Davina, it was a super great Flame Off last year, what fun and was great to see everyone work!

Sorry about the wait, I am anxious too....keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!

Off to Florida to teach this weekend with Dr Meow and a few days on a sunny beach, woohoo!
Hugs, deb

Old 2010-02-07, 10:03am
Angel's Mom

Oh, Deb, sounds like fun (Florida and GlassStock). Enjoy yourself and soak in the sunshine--you've earned it!

Great teachers for GS West. Wish I didn't have to work and I'd become a GlassStock groupie and travel around the county lighting fires and melting glass. Hmm, that sounds a little scary.
Old 2010-02-08, 7:25am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Kris! I am really looking forward to it! Ahhhhh....

Yes, the line up of teachers for West is almost done...we will have Rose's classes up after I get back plus some more! GlassStock groupie, how cute! It sounds a little scary unless you're a flameworker, lol!
Hugs deb