Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-03-21, 3:30pm

Deb, can I put my name in and hope I can find the funds in time if not give up my seat if I can't commit financially? If not I will have to wait and see of there's any room left in June if I can manage it.

The line up of classes looks fabulous !

Penny
Old 2012-03-21, 5:07pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff Glass View Post
These classes look amazing! The problem is narrowing down which ones you want to take! Soooooo manny to choose from

Christina
All I can tell you is - there are NO bad classes. Not a one. I've learned that
from attending this event and teaching there for the last (4?5?6?) years
(I forgot how many, I guess I should count my t-shirts ).

No matter what class you take, you will be walking around looking at
the OTHER classes going "dang, I wish I could have taken THAT class
too!"

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-21, 7:06pm
I like to melt things

What a lot of work, Deb. Awesome job!

Every year I am amazed by the variety and the talent on offer I am thrilled to be included as an instructor this year.

Is it August yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
-
Old 2012-03-21, 10:10pm

Wow Mel, your classes look really great. I've been enjoying your blog and getting a lot of good information from it too.

There are so many great new classes this year, and I'm happy so see others return. I might eventually get a chance to take all the classes I've been wanting to- nah, that'll never happen. There's always so much more to learn
Old 2012-03-24, 10:37am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi guys!
Yes, I have been madly scrambling to get all these fantastic classes up!
Teachers:
ALL of the classes are now up on the page...(debcrowley.com click on GS West).
PLEASE review info, make sure everything is right...especially any fees.

I am missing some photos, I would REALLY like them before I leave on Monday night (can't go Sunday, too much to do, lol!)
so I can post them before I head to Las Vegas for 2 weeks.

THANK YOU for all the great submissions, yet another killer year of classes!

YES, Penny, just go ahead and submit your entry, we'll work it out!

Karen, you ROCK...I am proud of you for stepping up to teaching at the torch
BIG glassy hugs!
deb

Old 2012-03-24, 10:48am
I'm meeeeelting

Karen, I love your sugar skulls! For me last year it was the ice resin class that had me thinking "dang, if I could only have taken one more class." I have no clue what to pick this year. It's hard!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2012-03-24, 1:52pm
I like to melt things

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendah View Post
Wow Mel, your classes look really great. I've been enjoying your blog and getting a lot of good information from it too.

There are so many great new classes this year, and I'm happy so see others return. I might eventually get a chance to take all the classes I've been wanting to- nah, that'll never happen. There's always so much more to learn
Thanks Brenda!

I'm really looking forward to this year's event. It's so much fun every year. If you are reading this thread and just sorta kinda thinking about applying to come, just bite the bullet and put your name in. You won't regret it!

-
-
Old 2012-03-26, 9:13pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, you guys are just the best!
Melanie, we are thrilled to have you teaching, your work is just gorgeous!
This is going to be a tough year to pick classes!

The classes are all up, some pics still to come but should have them up soon after I get back from Vegas. I leave tomorrow and after a week teaching/selling I am taking an extra week off there for some FUN in the SUN with longtime, dear friends house hoppin' and a shoppin'!

Hold down the fort ladies....back soon!
xoxoxo deb

Old 2012-03-27, 8:54am
Queen Bee

Just signed up again via email for GS East just in case my earlier submission wasn't received - is there a link for Glass Stock somewhere so I can keep track of what's going on? I can't seem to find one...

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-03-27, 9:11am

http://debcrowley.com/gpage3.html
try this one.
Just a reminder Deb is out of town for a week or two and I don't know if someone is answering her emails.

Old 2012-03-28, 7:23pm
I'm meeeeelting

For those that may want to rent a house, this one's available. We stayed there last year and it's a nice little house and pretty convenient. I found one with more beds for this year as we have an additional person. We had 5 people and it was fairly full but do-able if a couple of people don't mind sleeping on the airbeds that they provide for the den and living room. The owners were very nice to work with.

http://www.vrbo.com/356627

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-03-28 at 7:26pm.
Old 2012-04-13, 12:27pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Deb and Felicia, just got back Tuesday and onto PC today.

The Glass Craft Expo in Las Vegas a couple weeks ago was a great show! I even sold tutorials with molds to Milon Townsend and Suellen Fowler (she sells with me in my booth), what validation!!!!!

I spent a week teaching, then a week on vacation there and a few days getting back into the swing here.

For Glass Stock West, the newsletter will go out May 6th with lots more information. Payments will be due by June 2nd.....more info on payments in newsletter too.

For Glass Stock East, we are still accepting submissions for classes you would like to teach. Deadline is May 1st, roster of classes will be posted by May 15th. Please refer to Class Submission page on my site (debcrowley.com) for what information to send us.

Thanks everyone.....it will be summer before we know it!
deb

Old 2012-04-19, 2:47pm
Wonder-wench

just got the letter! now off to peruse the class selections!

Old 2012-04-19, 7:01pm
Mandrel Slayer

Yeeessss! My favorite event. I'm in.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2012-04-20, 8:31am

I'm going too! This will be my first time, can't wait!

Old 2012-04-20, 10:39am
I'm meeeeelting

Yay, you're going to have the best time ever! Welcome to the crazy awesomeness that is Glass Stock.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2012-04-20, 6:55pm
Finally doing what I love

Default For the newbies...

Hi,

This is my first year attending. Any advice on where to stay?
I'm planning on lampworking until I crash... Basically all I need is a decent bed not too far away from the action

Where do most people stay?

Thanks!

Christina

Do what you Love and Love what you do!
Old 2012-04-21, 12:15pm
I'm meeeeelting

I'm not the best person to answer this in terms of hotels, because I rent a house every year. Hopefully, others will pop in with hotel info. There's also a hostel that GS peeps have stayed at. I think they took it over last year. For hotels, I'd probably use some mapping function and see what's close to EGS. You can also go to the EGS website for lodging info. http://www.eugeneglassschool.org/resources.php. Some people have camped, as well.

I highly recommend the rental house option (look at VRBO.com for listings). My first year, someone posted asking if there was interest in sharing a house and a bunch of us first-timers who were coming alone opted in. We had a blast. We'd emailed over the summer and it was like instant friendship when we got there. It was great to have people to hang out with from the first moment, to be able to go back to the house at night and hang around the dining room table, talking about absolutely anything and admiring each other's beads and jewelry and to have a kitchen and washer/dryer. Maggie, the person that rented the house that year, has gotten out of glass work so I somehow was nominated to be in charge of the house rental the next year. This is my 3rd year of making house arrangements. It's been whomever of us from the original house have returned to GS plus other friends (a growing bunch each year - we've got 2 more GS newbies coming with us this year), I've dragged along from home.

If you want to find roommates for a house or hotel, speak up. There are likely others that would love to share, especially if they're also attending for the first time and haven't met anyone yet.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2012-04-21 at 1:51pm.
Old 2012-04-27, 8:57am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey all you lovely, glassy folks!
We have chosen scholarships, you should all have gotten an email either way...I wish we could have given all who applied one! A total of 4 were given out this year, congratulations to the recipients. We never announce who they are.

Everyone should have gotten a newsletter and waiver with their acceptance email. PLEASE print and save the newsletter. Also, the waiver needs to be printed, notarized and then brought to the event Thursday morning...please do not mail it with payments!

Thanks so much for the lodging info Felicia...most of the folks who have been in the last few years know great lodging places and local great food. I wish I could just send out everyone's emails but I try to be very protective of your personal info.

IF you need to share a ride or hotel, maybe we could have someone on the staff help with connecting people? Any takers, dear staff? I will try and send an email out to staff tonight and see if we can get someone to coordinate the shares. I have students again today so I am off to fire up the studio....
More soon.....
deb

Old 2012-04-28, 11:02pm

This will be my first time going to Glass stock West. I am looking for some one to room with, or a place to stay. I am coming from Kelowna BC Canada. Anybody else out there need a roomie? I am a non smoker wine drinker.
Donna Brayshaw
Old 2012-05-02, 5:26am

I too am looking to get into a house to share! My friend was invited to share a house. U her family is coming and she advised me to ask around! Anyone needing another house mate?

I am a non-smoking wine drinker as well!
CJ
Old 2012-05-10, 6:12pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all you glass groupies!
Our darling Felicia has stepped up to help organize ride and room shares. I will be emailing everyone her email address this weekend sometime, also Deb T has offered help in Canada! Polly has offered to pick up at Eugene airport too!

If you have not sent your tuition it is due by June 1st to make it in first round of class picks! Please let me know if you are sending it after that date so we don't fill your spot!

We do have a few more spots for West, if you want to get in before any attendees pick classes please go to debcrowley.com, click on West page, read the information and email me asap at deb@debcrowley.com to get the newsletter and get your payment in.

If you want to come to Glass Stock East at Carlisle School of Glass in Jersey, click on the East page for where to sign up, that event is mid-October.

When you get Felicia's email, please email her directly for any room or ride share info.

Off for a yummy quiche dinner and a nice long soak in the hot tub after a long torch day!
deb

Old 2012-05-16, 7:10am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all!
The classes for Glass Stock East are up...we have a couple more to add to the "other classes" section. Roger Parramore is teaching a series of classes from beginning boro to advanced blowing so you can all get a class from him! We also have Lisa St Martin, Marcy Lamberson, me, Hugh Salkind, Cheryl Frech and Bill Futer. It will be a fabulous event, if you are on the east coast you should definitely sign up!

West class selection is about 2 weeks away, make sure you have your first, second and third picks ready when we call. We will again be posting full as classes fill up. We do have a couple spots left and classes have not been chosen, the next 2 weeks is a great time to jump in and still get the best choices in classes!

If you have not sent payment for GS West please do so asap, that way you make it in the first round of class selections!

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day, we spent the day before fishing and had a nice FRESH trout dinner with my kids (my son only catches them, doesn't eat 'em)!

Time is flying...GS will be here before we know it, woohoo!
deb

Old 2012-05-17, 5:24pm
Type ZZZ personality

Mmmm... fresh fish...

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2012-05-18, 6:31am
Queen Bee

How do you sign up for classes? Are some already filled? I'm confused - I haven't received any info on anything at all, although I signed up months ago.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Old 2012-05-18, 9:31am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi Donna,
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I need to do 2 posts, one for GS West and one for GS East. Next year we will do that!
The West classes are being chosen June 2-3rd.....it is in August so everything happens 2 months later for GS East.

No one has chosen classes for East yet, that class selection is in July...I am sending out the acceptance letters in a couple weeks. We are hoping to get a few more folks for East...sign up has been slow and we aren't quite at the budget we need. We were slow to get sign ups last year too but just made the budget late June so I am keeping my fingers crossed we get a few more soon like last year. Hope that helps, I know it is confusing....I just posted the 2012 classes for East this week on the page...some still need photos but most of the information is now up.

Yep, Patty, it was delicious!

Things will start rolling for both events before we know it!
Have a great weekend!
deb

Old 2012-05-19, 9:32am
Queen Bee

Oh, ok - thanks for the clarification. I followed one of the links in a previous post for GS East, and it listed classes and said some were full. Maybe it was last years? Do you have a link for the current 2012 GS East?

Donna

Old 2012-05-19, 9:44pm

I am thinking of putting a group together to rent a house for the event. If you are interested in joining, PM me. I am a fun loving, non smoking wine drinker.
Old 2012-05-20, 6:00pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Sorry Donna, it does get confusing.
http://debcrowley.com/gpage3.html to get to the Glass Stock East page. New classes are up.
We took a spontaneous fishing/camping weekend trip and just got back....yummy trout for dinner again. We ripped them this time, woohooo!
deb

Old 2012-05-20, 6:14pm
I'm meeeeelting

Deb, a few of the classes are showing as full at that link. Left over from last year, maybe?

Foot Pedal Tutorial: