LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-12-22, 10:57am
Oooooh Baby!

Default what's up with Foster Fire Bead Release?

Okay, so I received a sampl of Smooth N' Tuff at the Gathering this year and fell in love with the stuff. I ordered a large container of Smooth N' Tuff and a large container of the Heavy Duty. Neither are smooth. When I dip the mandrel in and pull it out, there are a lot of crystals and it's very liquidy.
Sooooo, what's up? I'd love any input I can get on this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-12-22, 1:22pm
Floral Obsessed

I've remember hearing something years ago about some releases needing to be re-blended... Maybe someone can chime in?

Nov. 2003-Nov 2005 --> QuietTorch, 1lb MAPP ::
:: Nov. 2005-May 2007 --> Piranha, NG, 1 Solaris oxycon ::
:: May 2007-Present --> Piranha, NG, 2 Solaris oxycons
Old 2007-12-22, 2:20pm

I had that happen and was told that if it was too runny that the heat ruined it. Maybe you got a batch that was stored to hot. I don't know if the cold does the same thing or not. The regular is aways grainy from what I am told. I would contact them Mine was replaced right away and now I store it where there is no change in the temps.

Old 2007-12-23, 10:04am
OY and Psyche Junkie

I just got a large bottle of the Smooth 'N Tuff and mine's a bit grainy and liquidy too. I'm using it and have had no problems with it. It just takes a while to let it drip off the mandrel before I put it into my holder, but other than that it seems OK. I would be interested to know also if there's any solution.

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2007-12-23, 3:22pm
Trying to Hope!

I would stir up really well add a wonky bead or two and shake shake shake and then when you think your all done shake shake shake some more

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-12-24, 9:45am
Dances With Fire

or add a thicker bead release to it. I tend to start throwing stuff together when my containers get low! Ilove smooth and tough. if it is runny...I let it dry a little..if it is thick..add water or another release. I just mixed my runny s&t with my thick s&t...great release. S & T is my fav now!

crystal

Wouldn't it be nice if, whenever we messed up our life, we could simply press " Ctrl Alt Delete" and start all over?

Old 2007-12-24, 1:48pm
Borovangelist

Just be happy yours is still in liquid form. Mine's out in my shop right now frozen into a little brown mass Good thing I don't do beads often.

|
|
Old 2007-12-24, 4:11pm
frozen glass pimp

Hi guys I will chime, I am Jon of lbsupplys and foster fire. As we bought foster fire back in sept from Robin foster. She is still a big part of the bead release.
We live in a wetter climate. we have had to work on get the fomula right. and we have done so.
The regular and heavy duty formula are a bit grainy to strat with. if you would like to make it smoother on the mandrel that is a easy fix. After it is dry on the rod just run your finger on top of the bead release. This will make a very nice sufface to work on.

The smoth and tuff is smoother and easier to work with. It is just the way it is made.

We are here to help in any way we can. if you are having trouble with it please email me or you can call to.
are email is lbsupplys@wildblue.net and are nymber is 541-874-3926 we are working on a toll free number right now for you to use. but it will not be working until after christmas some time.

Thank you for your time, Jon

and my new ebay listing

Email:

Order Phone: 541-733-4007
Old 2007-12-26, 10:29am
OY and Psyche Junkie

Thanks Jon! I'll try smoothing it out a bit wtih my finger next time I'm dipping mandrels. Just have to add, I love Smooth 'N Tuff! It holds well and cleans out of the bead very easily!

Cheers
Kathy

Minor with one concentrator

Old 2012-04-01, 9:19am
Pincel de Fuego

Thanks Jon! I'll try that too!

/
/
Old 2012-04-01, 2:36pm
one day at a time

I received a sample bottle not too long ago, and it's perfect! Maybe you need to add some glass shorts, or reject beads to the bottle to shake it up better?
Old 2012-04-01, 2:54pm

Robin bought back Foster Fire, Jon is no longer making it.

This poor old thread was resurrected.

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2012-04-01, 2:55pm

This thread originated in 2007. Robin's bought the business back a while ago and I know of NO ISSUES with the bead release at this time.

This is resurrecting a very old thread.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2012-04-01, 3:13pm

I'm loving mine...no problems at all and it is such a wiz to clean the beads now...hardly like work now it goes so fast.
I added crap beads to mine to help in the mixing...just have that lid on tight
Lois
Old 2012-04-01, 3:17pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Yep, yep, got some from AGLF just a month or so ago and I'm loving mine too!

Old 2012-04-02, 12:25am
Happy Inner Dragon

Love mine. The only thing I have to do is fast-dip the smaller mandrels, or it's a bit lumpy. Pull them out quick, and the problem's solved

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107