LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2006-03-27, 9:36am

Default set point controller

Does any one know which kilns are made with a "set pont controller"?
I'm beginning to think I will never be able to afford a kiln with a controler. I did however read that some kilns have a set point controller so you can manually ramp up with a pyrometer to a pre determined set temperture, then the kiln will automatically hold at that set point for soaking.
Old 2006-04-09, 7:18am

Hi, A friend of mine uses a set point controller, and likes it. I believe it was purchased at Frantz Art Glass. This was at least 7 years ago, and I dont' know if Mike still carries them.

There are some great kilns out there with digital controllers. Chili Pepper, with a digital controller is around $500. Paragon has just come with some new annealers tpo this year. First you need to think about what your future needs might be for your kiln. Chili Pepper is a great bead annealer , but you can't fuse in it. You would need a brick kiln. I think another important safety feature is that the elements are quartz encased. I have an Arrow Springs kiln and controller. Maybe you can keep an eye out for a used kiln. ISGB has a used equipment section too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Ellen Black; 2006-04-09 at 7:21am.