LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-06-26, 10:58am
Covered in glitter

I can't wait to see it Sherry! My pennies are saved too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-06-26, 12:02pm
Metallic Flame Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
I don't want to jinx it....but it's done. I still need to do the file conversion, and have my testers go over it.

Target date: This Saturday. Possibly Friday, if things go amazingly well.
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooo for you Sherry.

My PayPal account is all ready for sending you bucks! My heart is already sending you prayers for anything you need them for, a small exchange for the grace you have shown us!

Stacy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kickin' it on a Knight, a Betta, a 'Cuda, and a SmithLittle with 3 Oxycons, Playing with Fire Since February 2004
Check out our new journey into Metal (yes, including tools) and glass...

Old 2008-06-26, 3:25pm
boro color bender

If you don't have mesh, you should go get some!

It's getting closer... do you hear the Jaws theme song?

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-06-26, 6:25pm

ug...should have never came in here.

Ya know there was a lady on ebay who recently made an Inookshuk bead. She thought she was the first to ever do this. Well she was wrong. There is a lady here that has been making Inookshuk beads since 1978. She does not sell on the internet, she does not have a web site, she only sells at shows here in Canada and has many designers that buy her beads via custom orders. Did this ebay woman copy her? Did she see her beads here at a show and then copy her? Possible, yes, likely nope. They live on two different Continents..SO WHAT!

Now as to Sherry's invention. Well, there is a man here who has been making glass sinks all his life. He is now 60 years old. He is a glassblower, slumper, fuser, whatever in glass he does. He does this process called slump, pour and dump. It is HIS invention. Never seen it before. He has this Sink that has this very same technique, and he used an industrial copper mesh. He laid down a large circular piece of glass, very thick. Then he laid down a large circular piece of aqua blue, then he laid down a large circular piece of copper mesh, then on top of that he laid down a large, thick heavy piece of clear glass again. Once all that is done he uses a process which he will not tell anyone...I know I tried to get him to tell me...to make the pieces of glass into a Sink with this swirling of gushing glass that flows towards the drain...GUESS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE???????

The sink in queston is over 15 years old. Now I am not saying Sherry is the first to do this technique in a bead, BUT it has been done before...............

Sherry I hope your Tutorial does well. Your beads are Fantastic, I love the colors you use and the CONSTRUCTION of the beads...which I am sure few people could ever truly copy.

Now as to the JUST TAKE A CLASS, then use what you learn and change it. Well if I am paying 500-1000 dollars for a one day classes, I will take what I learn and freaking run with it. If ya'll don't like it......here's my bead, ya know where to shove it. AND add to that just take a class is not always possible for those that don't have the MONEY an don't make a lot on our beads sales like some beaders here. It's just NOT that simple......

As to the idea that there is a Counry club of sorts...yep. Seen it. Seems certain people can snd DO copy others and then SELL those copies and its okay. No one gets all twisted out of shape. When others do it, well the shit then hits the fan, the pm's start flying, views on a particular bead go up by the hundreds in a day and ya just know they are all squaking about it and you....

I am done....

Nice job, ladies ya figured it out......

Sherry I still love your beads.

Hate me, flame me...I don't care anymore. This is sooooooooooo over talked about, sooooo over thought about.....the horse is freakin dead.

Old 2008-06-26, 6:50pm
Covered in glitter

wow. Nice attitude.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-06-26, 7:43pm

Well, *I* liked it. Sanest post in this whole damned thread. Thank you Diana! They can flame both of us.

and just in case anyone is wondering, I've already put my order in for the tutorial. I believe in supporting my fellow lampworkers as much as I can.

Old 2008-06-26, 8:30pm

Diana, you go girl. Love your post!!
Old 2008-06-27, 11:50am
See my quote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaDesigns View Post
Now as to the JUST TAKE A CLASS, then use what you learn and change it. Well if I am paying 500-1000 dollars for a one day classes, I will take what I learn and freaking run with it. If ya'll don't like it......here's my bead, ya know where to shove it. AND add to that just take a class is not always possible for those that don't have the MONEY an don't make a lot on our beads sales like some beaders here. It's just NOT that simple......

As to the idea that there is a Counry club of sorts...yep. Seen it. Seems certain people can snd DO copy others and then SELL those copies and its okay. No one gets all twisted out of shape. When others do it, well the shit then hits the fan, the pm's start flying, views on a particular bead go up by the hundreds in a day and ya just know they are all squaking about it and you....

I am done....

Nice job, ladies ya figured it out......

Hate me, flame me...I don't care anymore. This is sooooooooooo over talked about, sooooo over thought about.....the horse is freakin dead.

Thank you for making me smile and grin after a heavy day!!! I'll be lucky if I can ever afford to take a class ever, ever again.

Brent I need a heads up if you're ever coming to visit us in SA so I can start saving.

Guess I'm still being flamed for my Country Club comments ROFL

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-06-30, 6:15pm
Crazy Snake Lady

These aren't great but I love how easy the tutorial is to follow. The colors on the left bead are hideous. The rods weren't what I thought they were...

Old 2008-06-30, 8:20pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

Default Etsy is driving me crazy !

I really want to buy the tutorial, but Etsy is crashing and will not let me purchase it. This is so driving me nuts !!!!!!
Old 2008-06-30, 8:28pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondLilGlass View Post
I really want to buy the tutorial, but Etsy is crashing and will not let me purchase it. This is so driving me nuts !!!!!!
PM Sherry and she'll email you an invoice. I may have to buy this tutorial you all are raving about it so much!

Old 2008-06-30, 8:29pm
Storm Queen

Laurie those are really nice!

Old 2008-06-30, 8:42pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

I went through her blog and checked out that way. Thank God, I was about to freak out. Are they trying to update (Etsy) the site or something ? I will try and send her a message. Thanks for listening to me vent
Old 2008-06-30, 8:48pm
Storm Queen

I guess Etsy is moving servers which means domain name propagation which normally takes about 48 hours for every ISP to catch up....but I hear there is a problem. Anyway, I just bought Sherry's tutorial too! I have no idea how I would use this technique with my beads but it sound too good to pass up and I'm sure that even if I don't ever do the exact technique that I'll learn a few new things anyway. The price is just too good to pass up!

Old 2008-06-30, 8:54pm
Oooooh Sparkly!

So true. The price is awesome. I am kinda new to bead making, but I could not pass up the chance to get my hands on such a great challenge. I already picked up my copper mesh at Michaels yesterday !!
Old 2008-07-01, 1:05am
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lldesigns View Post
These aren't great but I love how easy the tutorial is to follow. The colors on the left bead are hideous. The rods weren't what I thought they were...
Laurie!

Your beads look great! It's been suggested that SOMEONE (wink, nudge) should start a thread on "Results of Sherry's Chaos Tutorial" so everyone has a nice place to post their beads and progress...(of course, keeping the "secrets" hush! ) I think YOU should go first in taking it out of the "garage", so to speak! Just a suggestion (shove!)

Hugs,
DeAnne

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-01, 1:17am
Entropy increasing....

Excellent tentacular delineation there, Laurie!
Old 2008-07-01, 11:19am
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

I've never seen so much childish behavior in all my life. I have a six-year-old who is more mature than some of you people! I now feel that joining this community has been a huge mistake on my part and this will probably be the last time I visit or post here.

Thanks for the tutorial Sherry... very good job.

Jack

Old 2008-07-01, 11:44am
Who me?

Hang around - you will find that we are pretty much a cross section of life - but we generally look after our own - change that - we are usually better than 90% of the cross section of life - give it a chance.
Old 2008-07-01, 12:03pm
Covered in glitter

Y'know Jack, we are what we are. It's a pretty nice group of people generally. It's a group that'll always have your back when you need it. And it's a group that'll call BS if and when it's needed. I'd stick around for a while if I were you. We really aren't that bad.

Old 2008-07-01, 12:49pm
Torchabilitizimator.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&M View Post
I've never seen so much childish behavior in all my life. I have a six-year-old who is more mature than some of you people! I now feel that joining this community has been a huge mistake on my part and this will probably be the last time I visit or post here.

Jack
Okay - Jack from what I have observed you have posted 70x in "this community" which is also yours by the way....and for the most part your post have been about Show&Tell or How To's - Now I maybe wrong, but IMHO It takes more than showing and telling to get to "know" ones community - there are posts in here where it get s a little crabby - and PMS is surely to rear it's ugly head every once in a while (@ %90 females), and some of us just plain disagree, It's not meant as childish mud throwing, in fact many of us know each other from meeting in person....I love my community, the playground is fun, tag football gets ruff, sometimes neighbors are nosey, and that ole' codger up the street he REALLY does not like children, but you wouldn't know that b/c you have stayed on your porch. Come out and play! We have games and exchanges arguments fights, trades, yes, and BS..... I hope you can find the space to forgive "our" rudeness - and get to know us before making a rash decision like taking your Bike and going home, and telling mom.

Have a great day.

Old 2008-07-01, 1:14pm

Jack and Mary,
I always love a good debate. I admit sometimes I let my argumentive side get the best of me on the forums. I'm known for taking a stand and alot of times it's not what agrees with the majority of the forum. But I have to say, all in all, everyone here is good at heart. We agree to disagree. We have our little brawls but in the end we are all here for one thing, our love of glass. I know i have made some enemies with some of my comments and I know others have too but we all know you can't please everyone. That is one of the good things about social forums. Everyone has an opinion and is welcome to post it. I never hold grudges against anyone who doesn't agree with me and I'm sure for the most part no one else on LE does either. I hope you continue to interact with us. We are all adults sometimes we have our lapses back to childhood. All is good.
Old 2008-07-01, 8:14pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
I've never seen so much childish behavior in all my life. I have a six-year-old who is more mature than some of you people! I now feel that joining this community has been a huge mistake on my part and this will probably be the last time I visit or post here. Thanks for the tutorial Sherry... very good job. Jack
Gee, Jack, sorry you feel that way. Frankly, if you notice, although this thread got a bit ugly there for a while, we found our way back to focus and it has once again become the happy, celebratory and appreciative thread it started out to be - UNTIL YOUR POST RESURRECTED IT!!!

My Granny had a saying: "You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family"!

Frankly, I consider most of the folks here FAMILY, and I've chosen to also pick them as my FRIENDS. If you stick around, you may find that - like family - we have our fights, our disagreements and our "time outs". But when one of us is down and out - or truly in need - we rally round the family and some down-right MIRACLES have been performed here!

Hope you'll reconsider your judgment.

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-03, 11:44pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:

Jack
why did you feel the need to stir the shit again, and judge every single person posting in this thread? I am offended by the condecending tone in your posting? I have a six year old who knows exactly when to stop talking about a subject wich has been chewed out already, she knows when to move on.

Old 2008-07-04, 12:44am
Entropy increasing....

Quote:

Jack
Hey, that's your choice. The "community" will go on without your input.

BTW, stomping your foot, taking your ball and going home, is not very mature.
Old 2008-07-04, 5:23am
phrit phreak

krapity Krap. I can't find the tutorial in Sherrys Etsy store Did I miss something? did she take it down for some reason? or is it too early and I'm staring at it and can't see it?

Old 2008-07-04, 6:04am

I looked for it too. There were some sold today...Maybe we have to e-mail her?

Old 2008-07-04, 7:11am
birdergirl ~o~

Wow I need to remember this phrase and compliment my BF with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Excellent tentacular delineation there, Laurie!
Sherry's tut is really nicely done great pics and descriptions!
Thanks Sherry!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2008-07-04, 9:47am

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBird View Post
krapity Krap. I can't find the tutorial in Sherrys Etsy store Did I miss something? did she take it down for some reason? or is it too early and I'm staring at it and can't see it?

I just checked and it seems to be there now. Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=13094520

HTH,

Old 2008-07-04, 10:16am
Born Facing Left

I had an internet crash this morning! I'm back to normal now, and I'm all caught up, and have re-stocked the store.

Very scary experience, I'm still not sure what happened!