Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-04-30, 10:11am

Default Looking for class - WA or OR

I'm looking for a glass bead making class; intermediate beginner, one or two days, states of Washington or Oregon. Any ideas? Thanks, Carolyn
Old 2009-04-30, 10:18am

Should have said I'd like to do a class in the month of May. Carolyn
Old 2009-04-30, 10:38am
I'm meeeeelting

Here are a few places in the Seattle area offering classes:

http://www.Pratt.org
http://www.GlassExpressions.com
http://www.Artbyfire.com

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-04-30, 11:30am

Here's the May schedule for Aquila in Portland (right off I5 at Columbia, just a few exits south of WA)

We have 3 hour intro classes for $99, and you can rent torch time on bobcats after that, with tools, dipped mandrels & annealing included. The studio seats 8 so its almost never full & is open until 9 during the week & 5 during the weekend. There's a variety of intermediate classes too, most of which are also 3 hour classes, and intended as a "next step" after a beginner class. You can do soft glass or boro, although we don't have much boro beadmaking going on there, mostly pendants, marbles, ornaments, etc.

I teach a lot of the bead making classes there & when I'm not teaching a class on Saturdays, I'm often there making beads. I'm always up for chatting about techniques or glass or whatever.

If you're more interested in a longer format class, Eugene Glass School has a variety of intermediate beginner classes from 1-2 days. Bullseye is also in Portland, & while they focus on fusing classes, they do offer a few beadmaking classes in the longer format as well.

Last edited by lavendar420; 2009-04-30 at 11:38am. Reason: thought of more stuff
Old 2009-04-30, 1:14pm

http://www.aquilaglassschool.com/calendar.htm
They have regular classes every month and they have great guest teachers and are in North portland area.

If you want Boro Brent is coming there too. You can be a beginner for these classes.

Old 2009-04-30, 4:40pm
Broken

M & D Designs in Chinook do beginner classes I believe. They are the nicest people!

Old 2009-05-01, 4:33pm

This is great info....There's still room at the may 16-17 class at ArtFire, Pratt is on my list for July/Aug, I have a sister that lives in Portland, Chinook is near all the gorgeous beaches - what fun! Now all I need is a part time job to support my habit. I live near Seattle so they could all work. Thanks for the response. Carolyn
Old 2009-05-01, 7:47pm
M & D Designs

You can come to the beach any weekend you want, Lots of class, lots of glass, The only thing you have to do is have fun......
So where are you?
Old 2009-05-02, 3:22pm

I live in Kingston, WA; across the Edmonds/Kingston ferry....North of Bremerton.
Old 2009-05-02, 6:16pm
M & D Designs

I have friends that come down from there. They work for the ferry system.
Old 2009-05-02, 9:03pm

Carolyn, M&D in Chinook is a great place to come and learn and play with glass. I live in Bremerton and come down here 2-3 times a month for the weekend. We have a great time.
Old 2009-05-03, 2:14pm
Gay rights R human rights

So is there a reasonably priced place to stay in chinook?

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2009-05-03, 6:19pm
M & D Designs

There are nice motels, in Astoria, 4 miles away, then a 4 mile bridge. Then there is motels in Illwaco, and Longbeach. Which is 8 miles.Prices range from $75.00 on up.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:13pm

fantastic place to take classes is M & D designs. I enjoyed every minute of time spent there.

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2009-05-25, 10:49pm

I know its a stretch..but I am in Idaho near Boise and I offer private lessons...pm me if you want

Get Your New Hagstrom Art Glass Videos on my website and Etsy now!!!