Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-04-03, 5:03pm
Lampworkaholic!

Default A New BOC Challenge -- 30 Beads in April

I'd like to offer a new BOC challenge for April, after Debbie's awesome challenge in March.

April has 30 days. For everyone who makes 30 BHKBs (big honking kid beads) in April and posts a photo of them here, I will send you a 2 oz. jar of one of my frit blends (or two 1 oz. jars).

The beads should be 1.5 inches long or wide, in any design of your choice, and you must post a picture by May 1 and mail them no later than the first week of May.

Looking forward to seeing your beads!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2012-04-04 at 8:07am.
Old 2012-04-03, 6:34pm
Loving learning

How great of you Elizabeth! I'll be making some for sure, and will post a picture if I get to 30 (and I should!).
Old 2012-04-04, 5:52pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I am really hoping I can do it!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-04, 5:57pm

Sounds great - thanks for running the challenge!

Robert
Old 2012-04-04, 6:52pm
Lampworkaholic!

My pleasure Robert. And you can do it Debbie.

I hope we get some good participation. Please post some photos as you go.

I'm challenging myself too. I made 3 hearts today.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-04-04, 10:24pm

oooh, I am really gonna try to get this one done.

If you cannot stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 2012-04-04, 10:27pm
Loving learning

No problem either way, but I'm reading this that we should actually melt the glass for these in April, correct?
Old 2012-04-05, 4:00pm

I've got three words for ya....

BRING IT ON

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2012-04-05, 4:40pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
No problem either way, but I'm reading this that we should actually melt the glass for these in April, correct?
Yes, 30 beads in April is the goal.

But if you have beads already made that didn't count toward Debbie's challenge, that would be fine too.

The idea is to get additional beads donated for the BOC kiddos.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-04-05, 5:30pm
Loving learning

I got a little torching in today, just enough to get a few beads made for BOC and one test bead for me. I'll be back out there ASAP!
Old 2012-04-05, 7:45pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I really really want my oxycon to come in so I can do this.

Old 2012-04-06, 5:53pm

I made 3 butterfly beads so far, I posted them in another thread and I dont want to repeat
I will work on some more this month. It is a very generous offer Elizabeth, thank you.
Old 2012-04-06, 5:55pm
I think I could be a bead

I'll give it a try!

Old 2012-04-06, 7:04pm
Lampworkaholic!

Let's make this a little easier. I won't hold you to all big beads, just 30 beads of any size for BOC. If you can make them big, all the better, but don't let size matter (too much).

Old 2012-04-07, 5:13am

Count me in.

Available as an audiobook

Susan Hasler--torch-wielding novelist
Old 2012-04-11, 11:15am

Here are my 30 beads. I have smaller ones in my BOC bowl. They will go out soon! A lot of these beads are closer to 2 inches than 1.5.

Old 2012-04-11, 11:22am
Lampworkaholic!

Thank you Mallory! Do you want to pick your 2 colors from my frit store (in my Etsy link below).

Who else wants to play?

Old 2012-04-11, 3:27pm
Loving learning

I've only got 11 or 12 done, but I'm working on it.

Nice group of beads Mallory!
Old 2012-04-11, 6:34pm

Thanks, Eileen!
Thanks, Elizabeth. How about: Gallimaufry and Elisium? I'm going to have to order from you next month!

Old 2012-04-11, 6:54pm
Lampworkaholic!

Good choices! If you aren't in RAOGK pm me your addy. I will get them mailed either tomorrow or next week when I get back from my trip.

Old 2012-04-11, 7:21pm

Elizabeth,
That's a great offer, and I can't wait to make the beads. Will post a pic towards the end of the month.
Cheryl
Old 2012-04-13, 8:21pm
Practicing perfect

You are so generous and for a good cause. I will try, but any I do will go to BOC anyway.

Old 2012-04-14, 7:02pm

I'm going to try. Generous offer Elizabeth. Thank you.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2012-04-16, 1:11pm

Elizabeth, thank you! I received my frit today! Implan to put it to good use tomorrow!

Old 2012-04-16, 1:21pm
Loving learning

Show pictures!
Old 2012-04-16, 2:43pm

Check out Post #16.

Old 2012-04-16, 2:49pm
Loving learning

I love your beads, but I want pictures of the ones you make with the frit too, I'm greedy!
Old 2012-04-18, 3:06am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

I haven't torched this month yet. I hope to sooN!!

Old 2012-04-18, 3:51am

Hi, just an update. I have 30 already, but the month's only half over, so I'll make more!
Cheryl
Old 2012-04-18, 7:56pm
Breaks Things

Okay, I've been torching away and have 31 bunny rabbits all ready to go. I'll mail them tomorrow and keep making more to see how many I can get done in April.

Here's the warren:

Thanks for making this challenge Elizabeth. I'd love to try a sample of your Elysium and Boysenberry frits.

Thanx! Hardalee