LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-09-05, 1:17pm

Question Glass Supplier in Spain and/or in Europe?

I have a friend who lives on the island of Mallorca in Spain and she wants to start making beads. Does anyone know of any suppliers in Spain/Europe that I can refer her to? One preferably with a wide variety of Effetre and Vetrofond and some boro as well. They would need to also offer a catalog and/or have a website with an online catalog. Not looking for small shops, just the larger glass houses like our Frantz Art Glass, Arrow Springs, ABR Imagery, etc.
Thanks so much for your time and input.
Monica and Scott Bouwens
Bearfoot Art

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-09-05, 1:25pm
Glass Bandit

I'm sorry I don't know of any suppliers on mainland europe... I know a lampworker in Latvia who has to get her Effetre glass from the UK.... either www.tuffnellglass.com or www.bblsupplies.co.uk

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance,

Lesley xx

Old 2006-09-05, 11:02pm
Goddess

We have GlasDesign Volkmans here in Germany. They don't have a website, you have to send an email to recieve a catalog, this is one of our larger shops, located in Hamburg. glasdesign-volkmann@t-online.de

There is also C&R Loo which is based in the US but has 2 locations in Europe. I think you have to have a business license/tax number to buy through them. Write for a catalog to: info@crloo.com

Those are the 2 biggest that I am aware of in Germany

Old 2006-09-06, 12:36am

A couple more (reasonably big): http://www.glasdesign-schaefers.de/ ; http://www.glassulger.de/ ; https://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?cat=KAT02 ; http://www.anibeads.de/ I'm sorry to say, there are no big suppliers (like Frantz) in Europe
Good luck

Old 2006-09-06, 2:27am
I fart diamonds

I've bought from http://www.glassulger.de/ and https://www.ombos.net/shop/index.php?cat=KAT02

Excellent service and they both speak English if you have a question about something on their sites.

Old 2006-10-16, 1:49pm

Default Thank you!

Thanks to you all for taking the time to help me with this. It was very helpful and I really appreciate it.
Monica