Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-04-18, 1:08pm

Default Asheville, NC Mega Bead Retreat

Asheville is beautiful in the spring and the weather should be just perfect for torching.

What: 3 wonderful days of torching, sharing and fun!!!

Where: A Touch of Glass (home of Hot Time in the Mountains and more)
Asheville, NC

When: Friday, May 23-Sunday, May 25. 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 9:00 a.m. - mid to late afternoon on Sunday.

Cost: $250.00. Includes torches, 02, propane, kilns, 3 lunches and 1 dinner.

Bring your own glass and tools (although we can arrange to loan tools if needed). All skill levels are welcome - we ask only that you be comfortable at the torch without direct supervision.
We'll have demos, exchanges, a mini-bead bazaar, a garage sale to trade/sell all those tools and other goodies you thought you just couldn't live without, and a couple of not-yet-announced surprises.

There are still spaces available. Torching in the spring in the mountains - what better way to spend a weekend?

Contact Marjorie Langston (mlangston00@aol.com) to register or for additional information.
Old 2008-04-18, 1:13pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

And...I'll be there! Muhahaha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-18, 1:45pm
<--- Time traveler

I'm sitting here thinking, hey, that's more than two weeks before my due date... I might be able to get away with that...
Old 2008-04-18, 2:11pm

yup - Debbie will be there

umm.....Courtney - as much as we would love to have you in the group, please stay home. You don't want to be birthin' no babies on that floor.

M.
Old 2008-04-18, 2:14pm
<--- Time traveler

But there are plenty of sharp objects around if I need an emergency c-section!
Old 2008-04-18, 2:29pm

Courtney...........ML is right!! I'd love to see your baby but not when it's coming into the world!!!!!! You are too funny girlfriend. We will all miss ya so much, me especially!!!

Hey folks, if you've never been to one of these galas......now is your chance. You won't be sorry. Glass, chocolate, friends, cheetos, wonderful learning experiences, food...did I mention food??? Oh nevermind my diet, I'll be on vacation with the Hot Time bunch and you could be too! This will be my third time and it's bound to be a blast.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Ellen
Old 2008-04-18, 2:29pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Umm as much as I have helped animals birthing I am not ready for human birthing. Pushing out one of my own was bad enough!

Old 2008-04-18, 2:30pm
Pyromaniac

Glad you will be there Debbie -- missed you at the last Hot Times. Even though it is so much fun and laid back, it's amazing what you can learn at these events. I just cannot imagine missing this. I'll be there if all goes well! Lana

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-04-18, 2:33pm
<--- Time traveler

I'm just kidding, you guys! By that time my arms won't be long enough to reach the torch. Although I AM planning to the family up to Asheville so I can visit during the fall retreat.

I'll miss you too, Ellen! Eat a piece of that delicious pizza for me if you guys have it!
Old 2008-04-18, 2:45pm

Oooooh, yum!! How could I forget to mention that pizza???? More to look forward to.
I'll have a slice for ya dear, don't worry. LOL! (I'd still rather have you there but not till after you are done with the birthin' as ML said)
E
Old 2008-04-18, 2:47pm
Pyromaniac

Courtney, that pizza and all those hormones in that building would certainly put you directly in labor!

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-04-18, 3:26pm

Default Asheville Bead Retreat

Hi, Debbie! The Columbia crew will be there! We can't wait to see you and Marjorie! We always have a great time in Asheville at retreats!
Courtney, I didn't realize you were busily hatching up something in Rock Hill. When is your due date? How is Olivia feeling about a new sibling?
Carolyn
Old 2008-04-18, 3:55pm
Satake Woman!

Too fun! Drat, I'm teaching in the summer then.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-04-18, 4:17pm

Lana and Carolyn and co. are coming too! And, yup - we'll be having that pizza for dinner on Saturday night!

M.

Courtney we'll be looking foward to finally meeting Brian and Olivia as well as the new one in the fall!
Old 2008-04-18, 5:33pm
<--- Time traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn Ramsay View Post
Hi, Debbie! The Columbia crew will be there! We can't wait to see you and Marjorie! We always have a great time in Asheville at retreats!
Courtney, I didn't realize you were busily hatching up something in Rock Hill. When is your due date? How is Olivia feeling about a new sibling?
Carolyn
Carolyn - Yep, I've been a recluse for a while so no one in "real life" knows what's going on with me! We're having a boy, with a c-section scheduled for June 9 (unfortunately), and Livy is over the moon! She talks about her little brother all the time. Say hello to Ed for me and Livy!

Courtney
Old 2008-04-18, 6:28pm
daughter and I

I'm really looking forward to it. Last fall (my first HotTimes) was so much fun and Gary's place is one of the most unique places I've ever been. Food, friends, and fire in gorgeous Asheville! I'll try to remember the bracelet I made with exchange beads afterwards.
See you then Marjorie!

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2008-04-18, 7:00pm

hey Valerie - looking forward to seeing you there also.

I have two challenges or exchanges in mind - maybe we can manage to do both. More details when we get there.

Marjorie
Old 2008-04-18, 7:17pm

Smile Junior Member

I wouldn't miss it! The fall '07 retreat at "A Touch of Glass" was so great the first weekend that I went back and attended the second weekend! Talent and ideas shared with new and old friends in the perfect atmosphere of - what else - glass! This will be my fifth bead retreat led by Marjorie - they just keep getting better. Bead makers - we've got to keep meeting like this! And Asheville is sooo beautiful!
Old 2008-04-19, 5:26am

Martha is absolutely right - Asheville is wonderful. If you're coming to the retreat and you can spare a couple of extra days for exploring, you won't regret it.

M.
Old 2008-04-19, 5:28am
Tired but joyful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
Umm as much as I have helped animals birthing I am not ready for human birthing.
I'm betting you could do it...

Buy from those you love, to give to those you love.
Old 2008-04-19, 5:33am
Tired but joyful!!

If I get the moolah I wanna go, too.
Asheville is my hometown. And actually where Garys shop is, is the old fire station that my grandpaw worked at. He was the captain.
My elementary school is right next door.

Oh I wanna attend so bad.

Buy from those you love, to give to those you love.
Old 2008-04-19, 7:40am

Default Junior Member

Annie, what a fabulous connection - that your grandfather was captain at what is now "A Touch of Glass!" It's meant to be - I hope you can come! It is really a memorable time with lots of activity and fun going on!
Old 2008-04-19, 7:57am

I will be there. This is my first time to be at the retreat and from reading all the post, it sounds like it will be a lot of fun. Marjorie has been great in getting all the information to me. I live in West Tennessee and not many lampworkers are around so it will great to be around people who do not look at me as if I'm crazy when I tell them that I play with a torch all the time.

Glenda
Old 2008-04-19, 9:32am

Hey Glenda - I promise - no one will look at you like you're crazy! See you soon.

M.
Old 2008-04-19, 4:18pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Everyone who ever thought about going to a bead retreat should go to this. It's like getting classes from everyone around you for 3 days!

Old 2008-04-19, 5:41pm

Annie - PM your email address to me and I'll send you the registration/release form - that way you'll already have it if you decide you can come. I think a couple of folks may also be looking for others to share motel rooms - everyone let me know if I need to put people in touch with each other.

M.
Old 2008-04-19, 7:45pm
susanLambert

My first bead retreat in Asheville was last fall, and it was great. Meeting the lampworkers from the area, trading beads, sharing skills. Try to come if you can!

Old 2008-04-21, 12:53pm

we're getting a surprise! Thanks to Debbie Pierce.

Marjorie
Old 2008-04-21, 1:11pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

And no, it's not a free parrot to a lucky winner!

Old 2008-04-21, 1:50pm

Do they have the Bead Retreat here every spring? I live about 4 1/2 hours away and would love to try and come next year.

My Facebook