LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2011-12-08, 9:21am

Default Falling Leaves Necklace - free tutorial

Hi everyone. I put together a quick little tutorial for a necklace you can make using pressed leaf beads. As I was preparing the leaf bead tutorial for the Dec. issue of the Soda Lime Times, I ended up with a lot of one-of-a-kind leaf beads.

It's such an easy necklace to make, you can make one in an hour with just two pairs of flat nose pliers. If you have any jewelry making experience at all, you really don't even need a tutorial. You can see from the photo how it's made. It's that easy.

We have loaded the tutorial onto our website, so to see it all you have to do is click the link.
http://www.sodalimetimes.com/php/fallingleaves.php

Hope you'll give it a try. I made enough leaves to make several of these, and each one is different. Have fun!

BTW, we also have other free tutorials on our site that you can access from our home page by clicking the link that says "Lampwork tutorials". Most of the other free ones are videos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:02am

very nice - thanks!
Old 2011-12-08, 11:19am

Darn, Now I have to get a leaf press!.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:41am
I'm a lilac!

It's beautiful! Time to start saving up my orphan leaves!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-12-08, 11:49am
birdergirl ~o~

can't get there right now:
Firefox can't find the server at www.sodalimetimes.com.
will try again later!

~raised by wolves~sleeps with foxes~cooks for crows~feeds the bears~scrabbles with squids~antisymmetrical~politically agnostic.

Torchering glass since spring '06~ gold cricket & oxycon!~
Old 2011-12-08, 3:45pm

Kalera, You make the most beautiful leaves! Please, please post a photo if you make a necklace.

Old 2011-12-08, 10:53pm
I'm a lilac!

I will! Thank you!

Old 2012-09-01, 5:23pm

Diane - this is wonderful Tut! Loved the gorgeous leaves you made too... Thank you. I love the Soda Lime Times!
Old 2012-09-01, 6:55pm

Thanks Chevygirl. I love wearing that necklace. I made a green one for the Gathering and used a silver chain. I'll try and get a photo.

So glad you like the magazine. You made my day!

Old 2012-09-01, 7:14pm

Gorgeous necklace! I love the leaves with the antique brass chain and links - beautiful Diane

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials
Old 2012-09-01, 9:36pm

That's so beautiful,Diane!I am also loving the SodaLime Times!!
"

Old 2013-04-15, 4:40pm

tried to sign up for free issue but tells me invalid email adress

_
Old 2013-04-15, 4:41pm

My "live" tutorial" at glass Stock several years ago was on making leaves. They are my favorite bead to make.

_
Old 2013-04-16, 8:30am

Hi Sheila, I'm sorry you weren't able to sign up for the free issue. Could you try again? Our automated system is designed to recognize an invalid address, even if it is typed in by mistake. If it still doesn't work please email me at diane at sodalimetimes.com and I'll be happy to send the issue to you personally.

Old 2013-04-16, 8:31am

BTW, I wanted everyone to know that necklace was auctioned off at a Beads of Courage event in Houston last year. I no longer have it. I miss it, but since it was for a good cause I'm getting over it.