Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2011-11-30, 9:29am

Default GlassLine magazine Call for Entry

Call for entries and submissions:
“Small and Beautiful”

To present the variety and power of glass beads at this moment in the 21st century, Glass Line magazine is dedicating its June/July 2012 issue to celebrating significant works of art in this medium. The competition is international in scope and will identify excellence in this unique glass art category. Publisher Jim Thingwold has invited three internationally respected artists—Sara Sally LaGrand, Barbara Becker Simon, and Paul Stankard—and a historian/scholar, Robert K. Liu, PhD, to select 40 artists/makers representing the best of the best to be documented in a single issue.

Glass Line magazine is seeking images to publish in a juried collection of beads exemplifying exellence in glass beadmaking. Submissions may include single beads or a collection of beads. We are looking to publish a body of work that showcases the wide variety of creative talent in the art and design world as it applies to the creation of beads in glass.

Please think about submitting your work for consideration in this special issue:
Call for entries and submissions:
“Small and Beautiful”

To present the variety and power of glass beads at this moment in the 21st century, Glass Line magazine is dedicating its June/July 2012 issue to celebrating significant works of art in this medium. The competition is international in scope and will identify excellence in this unique glass art category. Publisher Jim Thingwold has invited three internationally respected artists—Sara Sally LaGrand, Barbara Becker Simon, and Paul Stankard—and a historian/scholar, Robert K. Liu, PhD, to select 40 artists/makers representing the best of the best to be documented in a single issue.

Glass Line magazine is seeking images to publish in a juried collection of beads exemplifying exellence in glass beadmaking. Submissions may include single beads or a collection of beads. We are looking to publish a body of work that showcases the wide variety of creative talent in the art and design world as it applies to the creation of beads in glass.

Please stop by the HotGlass Forum for information on submitting your work for consideration in this special issue:
http://www.glassline.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46
Old 2012-02-10, 3:53pm

Default Worth Looking into....

Please consider entering your best, recent work for this exhibit. I think it will prove to be a landmark view of the evolution of the art form that we all love. Tell your fellow beadmakers about it just in case they haven't heard.
Old 2012-03-01, 12:14pm

I am excited to see the entries. Based on the number of questions, I think it's going to be an awesome turnout!
Old 2012-03-04, 6:45pm
Celebrating Passion

this is due 4-1-12....looks like a good one!! better get it together!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-03-13, 8:22pm

Just a reminder... this deadline of April 1 postmark is coming up soon. There is no entry fee. Let's see your best!
Old 2012-03-13, 8:30pm
Glass Addict

So.... do we "print" the photographs and/or submit a cd with the images on it? TIFF files get to be pretty big at the pixel x pixel size format they want (10mb+ per image)...

Old 2012-03-14, 7:31am

Do not send photos or slides. The CD should be a last resort. The publisher requests you upload them:
http://flameworkers.com/upload/ubr_file_upload.php
Old 2012-03-14, 9:52am
Glass Addict

got it! Thanks Sally

Old 2012-03-14, 10:31am
Flame Dames Rule!

Guess I'd better get movin' on this.... Thanks, SS - and seeya in Venice!

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-03-31, 2:36pm

Smile

I uploaded my files, but there was no confirmation that they were received. Hope they went through- Thanks, Laura

Old 2012-04-02, 6:54am

Got mine in just under the wire yesterday. This was a fun one, and definitely pushed me a bit!

Old 2012-04-04, 6:47am

Laura, send me an email with your full name and I will check the status of your upload
Old 2012-04-04, 7:29am

Default Hurry hurry hurry!!!! Today!!!!

I got my ISGB Bead Release on the 2nd of April and saw the nice notice of this exhibition and thought: what if I am a beadmaker and saw this for the first time???!!! I'm too late!!! Well hurry hurry hurry I talked to Jim at Glassline and he says you can still sneak in---but hurry hurry hurry
here's where to go:
http://www.glassline.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9086

Barbara
Old 2012-04-05, 9:30am
@miniuniworld

I submitted my work on 3/31, but never got a confirmation, tried e-mailing but got no response. Can someone please give me Jim's e-mail?

Thanks!
Old 2012-04-05, 10:26am

I bet you are okay. I don't think his program gives any confirmation and I think he was crazy busy. Try his facebook.
Did you use editor(at)hotglass.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by @miniuniworld View Post
I submitted my work on 3/31, but never got a confirmation, tried e-mailing but got no response. Can someone please give me Jim's e-mail?

Thanks!

Old 2012-04-05, 12:18pm

Jesse is right... he is trying to put it all together..
Old 2012-04-06, 8:17pm
@miniuniworld

Thanks. I'm pretty sure they got in okay. I used the e-mail form on the Glassline website. I'll try editor(at)hotglass.com