Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2012-02-01, 6:52pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Bump ...

Anyone else?!! Or did I kill the thread!!!
Old 2012-02-02, 8:03am

Amanda-
Well, I don't think we're overlapping in any classes, but hopefully we'll run into each other. I took Frank's marble class two years ago and really liked it. He and his wife, Judy, are terrific. (He actually taught the beginner class I took too that got me hooked!)
And Holly is a wonderful teacher as well- her work is exquisite and I learned a lot in her class.
You're going to be exhausted at the end of the week, but I guarantee you'll be "artistically charged."
Peggy
Old 2012-02-02, 10:13am
da General

Woohoo! Can't wait, Peggy, Holly and Amanda!

Amanda - you will be busy, busy, busy taking classes! Way to go!

Maria - you will be busy, busy, busy teaching classes! Wish I could take one of them.

I will be teaching three days - a two-day class and a one-day one. Two-day class is full but there is still room in the Silver Glass Murrini and Application one!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
Old 2012-02-02, 4:44pm

I'm going for the first time...along with my good friend, Becky. We're very excited. We are staying at the Hyatt and several people said the Hilton was better - will we be sorry?

I'm taking a bunch of classes of all kinds, hot glass, beading, resing, wire wrapping. It's going to be great. Plus looking forward to the shopping.

Leslie and Hannah - maybe we can get together for lunch/dinner or at least to say "Hi"

Melody

Old 2012-02-02, 9:53pm

No Melody, you won't be sorry. The Hyatt is a great hotel as well. You will have a fab time!
Old 2012-02-03, 7:41am

Melody ~ Yes, yes.... we need to get together! Make sure that your phone as 3 or 4G otherwise you have to pay $10/day for wireless on top of the way too high price for the hotel room. But, Starbucks is just down the street

Old 2012-02-03, 1:21pm

No problem w/phone Leslie, I have a mobile Hot Spot that I carry with me. But Starbucks is always good . Are you going to Glass Craft in Las Vegas?

Old 2012-02-03, 2:39pm

Last year I only had my ITouch and didn't bring the 'puter along.... was bummed that there was no WiFi at the Hyatt.... Jodie and I are at the Best Western and I have a new IPhone Don't have to even bring along my old merchant account machine!

Anyone need a Verifone Nurit 8020??? Got one that's in awesome condition and needs a new home!

Edited to say: The Bitgood zoo keeps us from traveling much.... so no GlassCraft

Old 2012-02-06, 9:54am

Leslie, there is free wifi in the lobby of the Hyatt. If you try to access in the room, there is a charge. I don't think they advertise it... but I have logged on in the lobby for several years...
Old 2012-02-06, 5:15pm

Guess I just wasn't sitting on the proper cheek or there was not a full moon. Got it covered now!

Old 2012-02-08, 12:45pm
Fusing Glass

Booth 207 as usual! Cant wait to see you all there with my new findings!
Old 2012-02-14, 6:23pm
Ex-lurker

I'm hoping to go again (3rd time) for the shopping and schmoozing.... It is such a good time seeing old and new faces and the shopping is to die for!

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2012-03-01, 7:37pm

Peggy, hope to see you there! Hope to meet you there too Melody!
Amanda
Old 2012-03-02, 1:25pm
Ex-lurker

Yes, I would love to meet up with you Amanda. I know you are taking a boatload of classes though.... Make sure to save time to shop.

Off to check out flights....

"Life is a journey - travel it well"
Old 2012-03-03, 11:57am

I will be there teaching. First year for no booth. I will see how it goes. Might be my last year there too....
Old 2012-03-03, 7:45pm
Gone Fishing!

Why last year?

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2012-03-03, 11:47pm

Other opportunities....
Old 2012-03-04, 9:04am
Knob Creek Glass

I will be there.
Old 2012-03-05, 3:44pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
Yes, I would love to meet up with you Amanda. I know you are taking a boatload of classes though.... Make sure to save time to shop.

Off to check out flights....
I left the afternoon of 7th free for shopping when it opens, hope it's long enough to look and find what I want!!!

We definitely need to meet up ... at the very least I have to buy you a coffee/drink to say thank you for all the info you provided me!
Old 2012-03-10, 9:48am
Etched Metal Rocks...

I will be selling my Metal Me This products in booth 1246!

Old 2012-03-10, 10:12am
sunscreen me baby

You will be just a few booths down from me and Deanna! I'm 1236 and Deanna is 1238.

~

Old 2012-03-10, 10:17am
da General

I can't wait to come by your booths, Lisa and Susan! Lisa - will you have some etched copper goodies? I will make sure to bring my credit card!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-03-10, 11:21am
Etched Metal Rocks...

I better, Hayley!!!! I've got a bunch of it heading to Santa Fe next week, hoping none of it comes home...but then again, seems like B&B is around the corner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
I can't wait to come by your booths, Lisa and Susan! Lisa - will you have some etched copper goodies? I will make sure to bring my credit card!

Old 2012-03-27, 3:04pm

Just booked my flights - woo hoo ... gotta love airmiles!
Old 2012-04-02, 8:28pm

Default I just decided to go

I am taking 5 glass classes, 3 seed bead classes, 2 wire classes and 1 tool making class. Would love to meet up with some of me LE pals.
PM if you would like to meet; I will be staying at the Hyatt for 8 days

Sue (leaving Bootsie home)
Old 2012-04-05, 5:13pm
Gone Fishing!

I am getting so excited...would love to meet up for dinner with some le peeps

Ebay Id: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Etsy ID: ArtglassbyHollyYoung
Old 2012-04-06, 5:18am
DSDWC

Holly, I got Thursday night open for some dinner and fun

Old 2012-04-06, 12:08pm

Nope...... not happening this year.... Bummed...

Old 2012-04-12, 3:10pm

Bummer Leslie, was hoping to see you...maybe next time

Melody

Old 2012-04-12, 3:43pm

Yes, bummer..... but I did pick up a couple of shows close to home.