Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-09-25, 8:48pm

Hughes Chocolate ... is that a regional product? I admit I live under a rock ... probably somewhere near Teri's cave.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Barry, would I fly into Midway or O'Hare? I want to check on fares.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-25, 9:04pm
Hello?

Yes Hughes is a regional thing namely Oshkosh WI.

Both airports are equally convenient Renee.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-26, 7:30am
Fusing Glass

Midway is a much smaller more friendly airport, Ohare is international, huge, big,large.... go with the cheapest fair, but many of the discount airlines go to miday.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-09-26, 1:52pm

Thanks, Joe!
I heard that about Midway, Mary. As soon as we learn some dates, I'll check!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-09-26, 4:37pm

Went to an art festival today and talked to Alex Ubatuba ... looks like he will try and make it to our open house ... those of you not familiar with him ... check out his work.

Old 2009-09-27, 7:33pm

Alex does great work! haven't seen him since Penland! have ya set a date yet???

Old 2009-09-27, 8:34pm

I might be able to come out... just depends on when!

Old 2009-09-28, 4:10am

No date yet ... waiting for the crucible to show up. Once we have that going, a date will be set.

Old 2009-09-28, 10:09am

what size cruicible? I've a new 28# cylinder on the floor at the shop. It has been said that if ya always have a spare, the one your workin always lasts longer. Hope ya ordered 2....LOL Ofilia is interested in the date as well as Deb and myself! Lovin all the new offerings at Avenue.......keep up the great work!!! .......D

Old 2009-09-28, 10:10am

......and keep us posted

Old 2009-09-28, 12:33pm

Wow Alex is pretty good. Thanks for the link!

Old 2009-09-28, 2:56pm

It is a Jen Ken Crucible 11, which has 3 - 7# crucibles. We opted for the 3 crucible model so we could do more than one mix at a time.

Reenie ... Alex rocks!!!

Old 2009-09-28, 10:03pm

I really need to do that configuration with my other kiln! One of these days I'll also have a seperate 1# crucible (table top) kiln for casing small canes with clear.....in a perfect world I guess? Its always one small step at a time.....its really good to see people from Chicago making such a positive impact on the lampworking community. hope to make the open house! D

Old 2009-09-28, 11:10pm

Thanks Darby. We are only into this a few years, but am definitely hooked. Joe does this full time now, and we plan on giving 100% to the glass world. There are so many things we want to do, but there are equipment and time restraints we have to deal with. Baby steps I guess. We are going to do our best to make an impact in the lampworking community through innovative products. The crucible is a start. I have some wild idea's that I want to try.

Old 2009-10-08, 7:10am
Fusing Glass

Houston, has the crucible landed ???
Old 2009-10-08, 7:44am

NO!!! Jeez ... I have no fingernails left. It hasn't even shipped out yet.

Old 2009-10-08, 8:18am

Well when you pick a day I will have a look at the calendar. Would love to come. And yup I agree hugh's makes great chocolate.

Old 2009-10-08, 8:36am

I think we will pick 2 dates when the toy gets here, do a poll, and the day most people can make it is when we will have it.

Old 2009-10-08, 6:04pm
Fusing Glass

It hasnt shipped! omg. did they have to make it first? dont they know you need fingernails?????????? remind me to bring bandages for you
Old 2009-10-08, 6:50pm

In the meantime Mary, I will just put your paperweight on my hand to keep my fingers out of my mouth.

Old 2009-10-08, 6:52pm
Fusing Glass

I appreciate that Barry. I will come get it...if you dont get that darn crucible soon, I will just have to invite myself over. its not like you are very far, could spit on you with a good wind LOL
Old 2009-10-08, 7:36pm

I am pretty sure it will be here when we have the open house. BUT, if your in the neighborhood ... please stop in and say Hi.

Old 2009-10-13, 2:57pm

UPDATE: The crucible is being built right now. Earlier today they were just cutting the bricks. It will ship Friday or Monday. Hope to have it running by next weekend.

Old 2009-10-13, 3:10pm

whooHOO....that's so cool Barry...
Old 2009-10-13, 9:31pm

The train stops a block from our house ... easy to get here.

Old 2009-10-14, 12:45pm

Smile

I'm game! Say the date, and I'll bring some of that Lezza cannoli cake

Old 2009-10-20, 1:29pm
Fusing Glass

Hey Barry! I understand the crucible has landed! do you have a date and time yet?

-and lemme know what to bring!
Mary
Old 2009-10-20, 4:16pm

No date yet ... we need to get the crucible going first. I am thinking we will set a date this week sometime.

Old 2009-10-20, 4:24pm
Creatrixie

Now see? I wasn't planning on going anywhere until after Christmas...I might just have to alter my plans? How exciting!!!

~Mary

There's always something new to learn!
COE 104
Old 2009-10-30, 6:23pm
Fusing Glass

Okay, any news yet>? when when when? and please ask for no rain! I am beginning to mold! lol