Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2010-09-29, 3:27pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Arrow FlameTree Halloween Contest 2010!

FlameTree Glass Halloween Contest 2010!
Click here

Best Halloween Glass Art Contest 2010!
1st Prize GTT Scorpion Torch
2nd Prize GTT Lynx Torch
3rd Prize GTT Bobcat Torch
4th Prize GTT Cricket Torch

Contest sponsored by Glass Torch Technologies at www.glasstorchtech.com

Happy Cool Weather!!!
Lance & Maureen McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com
Old 2010-10-04, 1:04pm
I speak Murrini!

Awesome! I'm IN!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-10-04, 1:37pm
Critter Mom

Gonna have to give this some thought and see if I can come up with something.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-07, 7:54am
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Hi DeAnne, Hi Bonnie,
Get those pieces in, and good luck! Thank you both for following this post. Once again, good luck, and Happy Halloween / Happy Fall and cool weather!
Warm Regards,
Lance and Maureen McRorie
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com
1-888-FLAMETREE
Old 2010-10-07, 11:43am
Shelarious

I'm going to give this a shot again, I enjoyed it last year.

Old 2010-10-07, 12:14pm
Hobby Junkie

I might be in! Let me see if I can come up with something in time!

Old 2010-10-07, 2:03pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Thanks Shelly and Cori C-R for following this thread.
I hope you both enter the FlameTree Glass Halloween Contest 2010, and remember the judging this year is done online by online ballot. So the artist with the most friends, goblins, ghosts, and ghouls going online to vote for them, the more your chance on winning!!

Thanks to Glass Torch Technologies for graciously donating torches to this FlameTree Glass Halloween Contest. Without G.T.T. we couldn't have this contest. So, a big thanks again to Walley Horn, and the whole G.T.T. team for help on this wonderful contest opportunity to be able to win your own G.T.T. torch!!! The 1st place prize again is the all NEW G.T.T. Scorpion, perfect for the Ultimate Halloween Contest Prize!!!! Then there are 3 more chances to win, 2nd place is a G.T.T. Lynx, 3rd place is a G.T.T. Bobcat and 4th place is a G.T.T. Cricket!!
From all of us here at FlameTree Glass, Inc.;
Good Luck To You All!
Stay in the Flame!
Lance
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass. om
Old 2010-10-07, 6:22pm
I speak Murrini!

Hey Lance...

I just read through the "rules" again, and I realize I forgot to add a little "blurb" description about the piece...but it's quite self-explanatory!

If I may be so bold as to mention, too...everyone be sure and read the rules all the way through, as I think it's important to know that if you are lucky enough to win one of the prizes, you must relinquish your entry in order to redeem.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, if everyone (especially FlameTreeGlass!) likes my entry enough to vote for it, I'm happy to trade it for one of these fantastic torches!

Old 2010-10-07, 7:16pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, and while I'm at posting...if I WIN (pffttt!!! Yes, I'm an optimist!) can I just trade my "prize" and entry for that awesome "Mortisa Addams" you have shown in the link? I'm currently sitting on a brand new torch and nowhere to put it!

I searched your site but couldn't find her for sale. She's completely AWESOME!!!

Old 2010-10-08, 11:00am
Shelarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameTree Glass View Post
The 1st place prize again is the all NEW G.T.T. Scorpion, perfect for the Ultimate Halloween Contest Prize!!!! Then there are 3 more chances to win, 2nd place is a G.T.T. Lynx, 3rd place is a G.T.T. Bobcat and 4th place is a G.T.T. Cricket!!
From all of us here at FlameTree Glass, Inc.;
Good Luck To You All!
Stay in the Flame!
Lance
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass. om
Freakin' awesome prizes!

Old 2010-10-09, 4:27pm
Critter Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameTree Glass View Post
Thanks to Glass Torch Technologies for graciously donating torches to this FlameTree Glass Halloween Contest. Without G.T.T. we couldn't have this contest. So, a big thanks again to Walley Horn, and the whole G.T.T. team for help on this wonderful contest opportunity to be able to win your own G.T.T. torch!!!
Absolutely...I entered (at the last minute) last year and even though I didn't win any of the fantastic prizes, it was so much fun and I really appreciated the opportunity.

I've been wanting a Cheetah...I'm gonna have to come up with something cuz I really want that Scorpion now. This is gonna be a fun contest !

Old 2010-10-12, 12:29pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Hi Bonnie,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Thanks to Glass Torch Technologies we can offer this opportunity/contest to win your very own G.T.T. torch! The FlameTree Halloween Contest is also a great opportunity to get your lampwork seen by many people! The contest always has been a lot of fun, and we here at FlameTree Studio want to say thanks to everyone that has participated.
Good Luck!!!
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
Historic Roswell, Georgia
www.flametreeglass.com
Old 2010-10-16, 12:43pm
I speak Murrini!

I know it's still a good 8 days away from the deadline, but I'm excited and was just wondering how it's going. Are there lots of entries? I can't wait to see 'em! I'm sure you're busy but maybe you'll have some time to post 'em soon just so we can check 'em out! I just love seeing everyone's SPOOKY stuff!

De

Old 2010-10-17, 10:29am
I speak Murrini!

Oh, yay...found 'em! https://flametreeglass.com/index.php...age=page&id=20 Thanks for posting the entries so far...and best of luck to everyone!

Old 2010-10-17, 12:40pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Good luck to everyone entering! I can't wait to see all the fun stuff!!!

Sara

Old 2010-10-17, 10:48pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Hi Sara,
Hope all is well with you! Happy Fall, and Happy Halloween! Hope you also enter the FlameTree Halloween Contest 2010! Good Luck To All Contestants!
Don't forget to get all of your ghosts, ghouls, and goblins to go online and vote for your entry!!!, and maybe a few witches, bats, and black cats, as well! Why??? This year is ONLINE voting!!! The more people you have vote for your flameworked Halloween contest entry, the better your chance of winning!!!
From all of us at FlameTree Glass, and contest sponsor Glass Torch Technologies,
Good Luck and Happy Halloween 2010!!!
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
Roswell, GA 30075
www.flametreeglass.com
1-888-FLAMETREE
Old 2010-10-19, 6:24am

Got my entry in. Boy it was a hard one to photograph. Now we wait.
Happy Halloween Everyone!!!!
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2010-10-19, 8:24am
I speak Murrini!

Jodie - your entry is super cute! I love all the murrini in there, and can first-hand appreciate all the work that went into making it! Great job!

Debby, that is the most darling mask ever! Love the colors, and the shape/form is just PERFECT! I'd love to learn to make masks someday...

Old 2010-10-19, 9:51am

Thanks DeAnne! I allways drool over your murrini. Debby the mask is awesome.

Old 2010-10-19, 10:22am
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Hi Jodie,
Your entry is beautiful!!! The murrine are great!!! I know that murrine are a lot of work, tedious and time consuming. Thank you for your entry!!! Good Luck!!! Now get all of your friends to go online and vote.

Hi Debby,
Your mask is gorgeous!!! I love it!!! No wonder it looks so nice, if Maestro Emilio Santini helped you with the design!!! I love Emilio!!! He was just here at FlameTree Glass and he taught soft glass sculpture in the Venetian style, and hard glass Venetian goblet making!!! We all learned soooooo much from him, I will be eternally grateful to him for all that he shared with us.
Good Luck with your entry,
Now time to get all of your friends to go online and vote!
Best of Luck to you both,
Warm Regards,
Stay in the flame, and keep it HOT!
Lance
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com
Old 2010-10-19, 9:15pm
Critter Mom

I love all the entries so far...Halloween's my favorite holiday. Not sure I'm gonna be able to get anything done in time It's just been one thing after another around here.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 2010-10-19, 9:43pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, yay! I see there's two more entries posted!

Peg, that witch is adorable! And what a lot of work you put into her! She's great...and considering you made the components separately, she's proportioned perfectly.

Now Lea...I'm floored! That bracelet is THE BOMB! I just love the way you integrated that Skeleton Key in there...flipping brilliant!

Old 2010-10-20, 4:01pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Thanks, De! Somehow it just seemed..ahemmm...appropriate!

~
~
~
Old 2010-10-21, 12:08pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

Your piece is beautiful Lea!!! Good Luck!!!!
Everyone's pieces are gorgeous!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
Don't forget this year is online voting, so the contestant with the most online votes wins!

Best Regards,
Happy Halloween!!!
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
www.flametreeglass.com
Old 2010-10-21, 12:37pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Thanks, Lance & Maureen! And thanks for hosting!

~
~
~
Old 2010-10-21, 1:08pm
Critter Mom

I need to know what the deadline for entry is...I know it's Saturday, but what time ?

I may be able to get my entry finished. My Mom's feelin' better, my husband's going to fix dinner for her, pick up her mail and whatever else she needs so I can spend the afternoon at the torch. Tomorrow my sister's going to take over...so I'm puttin' the pedal to the metal I just need to know exactly how much time I have.

Old 2010-10-22, 7:47am
Critter Mom

I went back to the FlameTree site to see if I could find the deadline time...didn't find that, but boy was I surprised to find it's SUNDAY not Saturday. I've got an extra day!

Took a look at all the entries while I was there...

DeAnne I love all your murrini and The Scream along with Dem Bones is perfect for Halloween.
Debby your Owl Mask is beautiful !
Jodie your Halloween scene with the Grin Reeper is fantastic, I love looking into those type of beads and finding all the little surprises.
Peg I love your little witch with purple striped socks
Lea that bracelet is to die for your pressed skulls are fantastic.
Time to grab a cup of coffee and head to the studio...I've got ghosts and witches to make.

Old 2010-10-23, 11:27am

Come on Bonnie I'm pulling for you!!! Saw some more great entries. Peg the which is darling. Lea awesome bracelete very clever. Pogo your sweet tooth is way cool.
Jodei

Old 2010-10-24, 6:48pm

Pulled up my big girl pants and entered.

I just love what everyone has done. This is the part where it gets exciting! I may just pass out before it's all over.

THANK YOU Flame Tree and GTT I can't believe how awesome those prizes are! You are going to make somebody extremely excited! How cool are you!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN
Michelle Passey

Michelle
Old 2010-10-24, 8:37pm
FlameTree Glass, Inc.

A warm thank you to all contestants that have entered the door of The FlameTree Glass Halloween Contest 2010!!! Now it is up to you to find your way out!!! Ha, ha, ha, ha, (creepy wicked laughter in the background.....) The witching hour has come. Now, for the votes to roll in and be counted via online voting poll. (Sound of bats flying!!!)

Beware!!! (Ha, ha, ha, ha......creepy wicked laughter in the background once again) What was that???!!!, I just saw a werewolf creeping through the FlameTree Forest.......and there is a Frankenstein.......A wispy white veil,......a shape shifter,.......Beware!!!

Don't forget to get ALL of your fellow witches, warlocks, ghosts and ghouls to go online and cast their spell/vote for you. Remember: One vote ONLY will be counted per computer.

Once again, from all of us here at FlameTree Glass, Inc., as well as from all our cherished friends at Glass Torch Technologies, Inc., Good Luck!!!, and Happy Halloween!!!
FlameTree Glass, Inc.
Historic Roswell, GA
www.flametreeglass.com