Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-03-22, 8:49pm

Well Janelle I doubt that I am the first person ever to "hijack" a thread on LE.
I am entitled to disagree with an advertisement though however it's disguised.
You have no knowledge at all of my experience and just what transpired so really should MYOB. I have never seen a side (as much as a person can be seen over a telephone) of Momka that I would call "sweet" though.
I don't want to drag my experience all over the internet. But I may change my mind.

Paula

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-03-22, 9:07pm
Skeptical Optimist

Red face

Wow, let's just calm down here, it's excitement over new colors, not a forum to air dirty laundry , that's the bathroom and the woodshed. Paula you're coming down a bit harshly on Janelle, since you're telling her to MYOB after you brought your business into the forum. Also, she phrased her post very politely, so please give her some credit for showing restraint when a friend of hers is being discussed in a negative light. There is no perfect supplier/manufacturer/distributor, there will always be someone who is dissatisfied somehow. There is no pleasing everyone all the time, let's just accept that and move on to our shared love of glass.

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-03-22, 9:27pm

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-03-22, 10:42pm
Cats & Glass!

Thank you Patrice. I just want to stick up for Kay a little bit here. Kay is a boro enthusiast and she is always very generous with her knowledge. She's pretty lucky to have a friend in Momka who occasionally gives her a rod or two to test. How many times do you think she's gotten colors that don't work out? I'm sure it's more than one - but that's part of the testing process. If the color isn't right, she tells the glass company about it so that they can improve on it but I'm sure she wouldn't crow about a new color if she really didn't like it. Those pictures of very pretty beads made with the new color speak for themselves.

Patrice was right when she said that the thread was about excitement over new colors. When someone publicly slams a company, unless it's a collective list of complaints, they effect a whole industry. I encourage you to look at Momka's distributor list (many of which are small companies) and consider that these negative comments effect them as well.

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -

Last edited by Janelle Zorko; 2007-03-24 at 6:58am. Reason: Sorry Patrice! I misnamed your gender based on your avatar!
Old 2007-03-22, 10:56pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Janelle,

Are you going to be doing the Color of the Month again? If so, are the new colors going to be in it? I want to try them. I also need some Infinity, please.

#K58
Old 2007-03-22, 11:38pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
I'm not going to drag dirt all over the forum but I won't buy from her again. Because she doesn't support education or start up business. I have had a really poor experience with her obviously.
GA does support education and they make a great product.
Paula
Then why bring it up here to begin with? Those are quite some accusations you are summing up for everyone to read, it really wasn't necessary to bring it up in this thread was it? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Momka, but you beeing a seller should handle this in private instead of in public as you are doing now. I understand you must be angry but please for your own good, solve it with Momka instead of lashing out here

Old 2007-03-23, 8:25am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle Zorko View Post

When someone publicly slams a company, unless it's a collective list of complaints, they effect a whole industry. I encourage you to look at Momka's distributor list (many of which are small companies) and consider that these negative comments effect them as well.

Janelle
My apologies. My comments were not meant to be a public slam but rather just a comment as to why I won't be buying. And if you do look at that distributer list you will see our name as I was one of the first people to support the new company and even bought a couple of hundred lbs of glass in Dec of 2005. (A full year before I was ready to) just to help out. But as one of the small companies that you mentioned I get hurt when people don't keep their word and so do my students.

Paula

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2007-03-23 at 8:33am.
Old 2007-03-23, 8:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Then why bring it up here to begin with? Those are quite some accusations you are summing up for everyone to read, it really wasn't necessary to bring it up in this thread was it? I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Momka, but you beeing a seller should handle this in private instead of in public as you are doing now. I understand you must be angry but please for your own good, solve it with Momka instead of lashing out here
Ah Suzanne...My accusations are?? That I won't buy glass from her anymore?? That is some accusation! I guess I will have to post in the Bathroom at some point. Or on TAM. Have fun with the new glass colors....

Now please let's get back to the pretty colors!! I'd like to see them too even if I won't be buying any!

Like US on Facebook !

Last edited by PaulaD; 2007-03-23 at 8:35am.
Old 2007-03-23, 9:03am
In search of her path....

thats beautiful!

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2007-03-23, 11:24am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Ah Suzanne...My accusations are?? That I won't buy glass from her anymore?? That is some accusation! I guess I will have to post in the Bathroom at some point. Or on TAM. Have fun with the new glass colors....

Now please let's get back to the pretty colors!! I'd like to see them too even if I won't be buying any!

I was talking about this one:
Quote:
Because she doesn't support education or start up business

Old 2007-03-23, 12:07pm
yukue fumei

Sorry to interrupt....
the new color names are:
Blue Treasure-blue and green
Infinity III
Cirque- blue and red
Yellow Submarine-blue and yellow
and the 4 challenge series:
Sunflower
Gerber pink
Gerber Red
Antique Beauty-light blue

BT,Inf, Cir and YellSub seem to be in the striped color rods categories....these are just descriptions explained to me....haven't seen the rods yet.
And sounds like she is getting closer to pistachio too
they also have experimentals at $20/lb which is a great deal....

nagi

Old 2007-03-23, 12:53pm

Default Paula you are wrong!

Momka is the most honest, generous, loving, and caring business person around. I have been to her shop and she took me on a tour plus gave me a bunch of boro rods for free. She is always willing to share and help us with any glass problems or give free helps in any way. She has been to my Challenge Days and was respected and loved by everyone there. She is supportive of everyone whether they were in business or just beaders, whether they spend money or just visit. We have a diverse group of beaders that come to the Challenge Days and everyone gets along.
Momka we love you and are so glad to have you in Washington. Peg M

Paula you need to be more careful in what you say.
Old 2007-03-23, 9:34pm
Momka's Boro~Brilliance

Default PaulaD Momka's new colors

Hello Paula,
I think everybody has a right to choose their own way to create their bussines / small or big/.
I'm choosing my way - you choose yours.I wish you big sucses in your bussines!!!

I'm happy with what I'm doing and I'm proud that another people copy my formulas and my ideas - that means they like them.
My goal is to make the glass family happy and I'm doing my best to realize this.
THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO POSTED THEIR OPINION !!!
Momka
Old 2007-03-23, 9:55pm
needs to light the torch.

I am excited about the new colors and I love Momka's glass!

I took Kay's class at Momka's a while back, Momka donated a large sampler pack for a name draw in the class and I won it
In my experience Momka is very generous, very kind and very good at creating beautiful glass!

Old 2007-03-23, 10:03pm
Rare Florida Native

Thanks Momka for all you do for us in the glass community!

You have the BEST service and product!

When others get down on you it is their problem and not yours. That is a sign of envy.

Thanks to you and Valerie for my recent order and the new colors.

Looking forward to meeting you when I am in WA this summer.

Old 2007-03-23, 10:06pm
Rare Florida Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Ann View Post
Thanks Momka for all you do for us in the glass community!

You have the BEST service and product!

When others get down on you it is their problem and not yours. That is a sign of envy.

Thanks to you and Valerie for my recent order and the new colors.

Looking forward to meeting you when I am in WA this summer.
As an added note where would GA be today without you to start with?????

Old 2007-03-27, 8:30am

can we get these rods anywhere yet?
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2007-03-27, 10:56am

Not sure but you could go to Momka's website and check out her distributors, then give them a call... They could probably drop ship it from Momka's if they don't have it in stock. ???

Old 2007-03-27, 11:11am
Skeptical Optimist

Just checked, and Glasscraft, Inc. has them on their website. Just $75-80/lb...eek...

Old 2007-03-27, 11:25am
Skeptical Optimist

Talking

Other colors are also there I haven't even heard of here, what is Cirque multicolor and Yellow Submarine multicolor??? Too much good stuff, I tell ya...

Old 2007-03-27, 1:41pm
yukue fumei

OMG-I just got the new colors last night and they are GORGEOUS!!! The experimentals are $20/lb and WOW some awesome colors in there. The new Pistachio's really nice--didn't boil and went down smooth. It is close though not the same as Colormax--a bit more transluscent--which is neat!
The Cirque looks cool--haven't melted it yet but in rod form it looks like opaque red, dark transparent blue and some silvers mixed in. So gorgeous.
The yellow Submarine is stripes of yellow opaque and dark blue laid back to back.

So far I just tried some experimentals and Antique Beauty....Love that Antique Beauty--lots of nice silver in it.....Sorry no pics yet--my test beads look, well like test beads.....
ok--here is one....an experimental color(no name) as the base, layered with Triple Passion and encased in clear.....YUMMY!

nagi

Old 2007-03-27, 7:16pm

Does anybody have a link to the yellow submarine?

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-03-27, 10:10pm
yukue fumei

Hi Eric-
I can take a pic of the rod if you like....it's pretty!

nagi

Old 2007-03-27, 10:26pm
Cats & Glass!

Hi all,

Since we're talking about Momka's, I wanted to let you know that I am going to start offering the Color of the Month again. Basically, this is a way for you to get a quarter, half or full pound of a new (or new-ish) color on a regular basis. Momka has agreed to make "Blue Treasure" available for this next month's (April's) Color Of The Month. This is a way for you to try new colors at a discount. I hope that if you like the color, you'll order from one of Momka's regular distributors when they all have it in stock.

More details soon and tester colors packets are being delivered to me at the end of the week!

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-03-27, 10:49pm
yukue fumei

The color looks green, but I think it is blue...
the cross section is hard to see, but there are yellow stripes in clear....

nagi

Old 2007-03-27, 11:20pm
yukue fumei

a crosss section of Antique Beauty

Blue Treasure

Cirque

And some pics of experimentals:
this one looks loaded with silver!!

Yummy yummy!!

woohoo--Momka's pistachio!!!!

and this is a pic of the fun experimental that I like so much

nagi

Old 2007-03-27, 11:22pm
yukue fumei

oops Sorry Janelle!
I was posting at the same time as you posted....

nagi

Old 2007-03-27, 11:28pm
needs to light the torch.

Wow, cool glass!!!!!!!!!

Old 2007-03-28, 12:02am
HourGlass Studio

OMG - I need some !!! LOL

Old 2007-03-28, 1:47am
Boro Brat

How do we get our hands on experimentals? I'm a sucker for torturing myself with glass I can't get more of