No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-07-30, 7:52am
Kerry with a Y not I

Question Enamel Sifter Jars?

Hey All,
I have a question for the experts! Melanie Moertel shared a photo on her website of her nicely labeled and organized jars of enamels.

http://www.melaniemoertel.de/GBs/index_gb.htm

I want some of these jars! I sent her an email asking where she got them but unfortuanelty she got them from a friend of a friend. She suggested I ask you all if you might know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ~ Kerry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Written by ME! ~ Available March 2010 from Interweave Press

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&
&
Old 2006-07-30, 8:11am

Wear respirator if you use these: http://www.containerstore.com/browse...11&itemIndex=6

JanMD
Old 2006-07-30, 8:26am
Kerry with a Y not I

Thanks Jan... Those are them, but I am hoping to find clear plastic one so I can see what is inside. I will definately have a face mask if you think it is necessary

Kerry

&
&
Old 2006-07-30, 8:53am
Pink-tini anyone?

Kerry, I bought some similar shakers from PJ Beads who advertises here at LE.
http://www.pjbeads.com/fritlocker.html
I like them and they're just clear enough to see the colors.

Old 2006-07-30, 9:24am

Default Revolving frit containers

I bought on sale two vertical revolving spice racks at Pier 1. They have clear glass body jars with screw off flip top lids. The flip lids of each jar has two ways to open.The first side of the lid top has three holes to sprinkle spice out and the other side to pour. Inside the screw lid is a blank lid to prevent anything from pouring out when not in use. The jars are four inches tall and one and one half inch in diameter and insert into the rack at a slight slant horizontal. Each rack holds 16 jars. I replenished some my old spices with the new spices and gave away the rest. The top and base of the racks are made of lovely wood and the rack has a "U" shape carrying handle of chrome that runs thru the middle vertically. When you look at the main body you can see each color and how much frit is in each jar. Peg M
Old 2006-07-31, 5:30am
A True Woofer

Definitely necessary to wear a dust mask if you're going to shake enamels on. And clean up with a damp rag after every session you use them. You do not want to breathe that stuff.

Old 2006-07-31, 8:26am
Kerry with a Y not I

Thanks everyone!

Kerry

&
&