Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-02-04, 11:14am

Default Pink Looie

I'm shocked. All of you pink ho's and not a mention, a peep or a whisper?!? Anybody get some yet? http://glassalchemy.com/cart/index.php/revolution-33

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-02-04, 11:30am

Its pretty!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-04, 1:01pm
Mandrel Slayer

It is supposed to be the peach blush we had before. Louie got them to make some more.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2010-02-04, 1:05pm
one day at a time

Wow...and I wonder why I haven't traveled to the Dark Side yet!
Old 2010-02-04, 1:11pm
Mandrel Slayer

I bought some. I got nervous snd was afraid I would never get any more because I had sold Lewis mine since he could obviously make better use of it than I. LOL.

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2010-02-04, 2:36pm

Ah. I never did get any of that blush. My order came today. It was supposed to get here tomorrow, so I ran out to get more propane so I could try it real quick. I really should be packing instead. lol

Old 2010-02-04, 3:01pm

Priorities, priorities!! Glad you have them in the right order!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Muses Glass View Post
so I ran out to get more propane so I could try it real quick. I really should be packing instead. lol

Old 2010-02-04, 3:33pm

You know it Sis!

Old 2010-02-04, 6:23pm
Tamara Knight

Momka has a very nice new pink too -
looks alot like pink carnelian stone beads
not solid but a nice semi translucent color
Old 2010-02-04, 6:26pm

I'm waiting for the GA anniversary sale in a couple of weeks ...

Old 2010-02-05, 3:27pm

No kidding!! I LOVE their sale!
Yes! Momka makes great pinks too!!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-07, 9:12pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

WHAT!!!!!! A NEW PINK AND I'M JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT IT!?!?!??!? Thanks for the head's up........who needs to buy a dumb ol' house anyway!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2010-02-07, 9:33pm

LOL

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-09, 5:46pm

LOL! Sorry Deb! I made some beadies with it.

I made a twist with Pink Looie over clear, a couple stripes of Triple Passion and something else I can't remember. I vaguely remember the thought of using all GA. Anyway the beads are encased in clear. Put in the kiln not flame struck at all. They had to go through 2 striking and annealing cycles. 1165 for 20-30 minutes each time. I hardly ever kiln strike that high.

Old 2010-02-09, 5:49pm

Well worth the effort! They are pretty!!!

Old 2010-02-09, 6:37pm
Astro Cat

WOW!!
Old 2010-02-09, 6:57pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

OOOHH Bec those are yummy!!! I am going to have to give that a try.
chrisann

Old 2010-02-09, 7:18pm

I LOVE the color you got on those!

Heidi

~~
~~
Old 2010-02-09, 9:01pm

Thanks peeps! It's really pretty as just unencased spacer type beads too. I didn't flame strike those either and just one run through the higher temp cycle was enough. The ones I flame struck and then kiln struck were....odd. I'd love to see what you get if you get some of this.

Old 2010-02-09, 11:22pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Oh SURE! Go ahead, dangle them in my face! I can live in my horse trailer!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2010-02-21, 2:32am

I only hope my look as gorgeous as yours !!

Old 2010-02-21, 4:59am

OH, yummy...those are delish!

Old 2010-03-03, 4:16am

Any other hints and tips on using this? I just got mine and am fixing to try it...lol We'll see how it goes!

Old 2010-03-15, 1:27pm
Angie09

Bumping this to see if anyone else has any info on working Pink Louie ... just got some and will wait to play with it until I hear.
Old 2010-03-15, 3:09pm
Serenity Now!

Does anyone have any PICS?

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-03-16, 6:51am

Oh this is going to make me put the 104 up to try the dark side for a while. Oh my. Beautiful pink. Love pink.

Rose Leslie
Old 2010-03-17, 8:52pm
Type ZZZ personality

I tried some of this tonight. Worked it like any other striking color. Got it clear hot, let it cool and flame struck it. Got nothing but beige. We'll see what happens when it comes out of the kiln, but I dunno....

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2010-03-17, 9:01pm
Covered in glitter

I was with Patty and used it for a goddess bead. Looked like mud when I got through. I got it to strike in the flame but think my color is going to be pretty yucky.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-03-17, 9:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I tried some of this tonight. Worked it like any other striking color. Got it clear hot, let it cool and flame struck it. Got nothing but beige. We'll see what happens when it comes out of the kiln, but I dunno....
Persimmon works that way too sometimes. It will probably be beautiful when you take it out tomorrow.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2010-03-18, 5:27am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
Yep, did the same thing and when they came out of the kiln I got .... beige! Any body got any tips on working this to the pink it's supposed to be???