Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2010-06-23, 7:29pm
glassblowing vj

Default calling all lampworkers!

hello all! glassblowingtv.com is holding a contest for the best video entry! the user who uploads the best video this and every month will receive $100.00 (wow!) from glassblowingtv.com! the winning video will be selected each month by our staff, and will be displayed as a featured video all month long! so sign up, and start uploading your videos today, you could win the next $100.00 ! here is a link to our contest page:http://www.glassblowingtv.com/index.php?view=contest good luck !
Old 2010-06-27, 5:48pm
glassblowing vj

only three days left this month in the contest!
Old 2010-06-27, 8:28pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Wow, that's great for those people who love to put up videos of themselves on Youtube.

Sara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-06-27, 9:07pm
glassblowing vj

thats right, our site is actually more user friendly than utube, and it is all about glassworkers!
Old 2010-06-30, 12:18pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have a video but I loaded it on YouTube... and the orginal is on a computer at home... what is the cut off time?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-06-30, 2:58pm

well although I don't video myself, the site looks like an awesome site to visit. Just what I don't need lol

Old 2010-06-30, 7:03pm
glassblowing vj

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I have a video but I loaded it on YouTube... and the orginal is on a computer at home... what is the cut off time?
sorry to take so long to reply. the cutoff time is tonight at midnight, and if you have already uploaded to utube, you can still upload to our site, the main reason for uploads only is to help authenticate the video, that way, no one embeds a video that isnt theirs. there have been alot of people putting up vids today, so hurry!
Old 2010-06-30, 7:07pm
glassblowing vj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
well although I don't video myself, the site looks like an awesome site to visit. Just what I don't need lol
well reenie, ive found that alot of people dont take that extra step to video themselves, but think of what you could learn, by watching yourself in action.check out this link:http://www.glassblowingtv.com/media/...ss_3_of_3.avi/ now this is about the best idea ive seen for people who want to video themselves, but dont have an extra hand.
Old 2010-06-30, 7:24pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassblowingtv View Post
sorry to take so long to reply. the cutoff time is tonight at midnight, and if you have already uploaded to utube, you can still upload to our site, the main reason for uploads only is to help authenticate the video, that way, no one embeds a video that isnt theirs. there have been alot of people putting up vids today, so hurry!
No worries, I just happen to finish doing this a couple days ago. There's no sound, 'cept the sound of the torch maybe. I don't talk in it and I didn't know what kind of music to add.

Uploading now. Thanks!

Old 2010-06-30, 8:16pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Well, I think it didn't work the first time, trying again.

ETA: It worked!

Last edited by zen-mom; 2010-06-30 at 8:24pm.
Old 2010-07-01, 4:30pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Oxyvolve your message box over there is full!!

Old 2010-07-02, 5:36pm
glassblowing vj

sorry donna, you can email me at oxyvolve@glassblowingtv.com, i dont know why it is full, but ill get to the bottom of it.i would like to kn ow what colors were in those beads in the pics you posted.
Old 2010-07-02, 7:42pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Emailed you

Old 2010-07-05, 6:55pm
glassblowing vj

Default thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Emailed you
thanks for the info donna! checking into a few of those colors soon, i really like those earthy tones. http://www.glassblowingtv.com/media/339/Beads.../ just thought id post them here so everyone else can see.
Old 2010-07-05, 6:59pm
glassblowing vj

by the way, june's contest winner was bz glass! for his tutorial on inside out work. thanks to everyone who submitted a video, and dont forget, any video you upload can be chosen, not just those uploaded in the month of the contest! cant wait to see who wins in july!
Old 2010-07-20, 9:23pm
glassblowing vj

well, it is almost time for the gbtv staff to choose the winning video for july! best of luck to everyone who submits! will post the winner here!
Old 2010-07-20, 9:33pm
Vancouver Flameworker

check out my Video..... It features the sights and sounds of flameworking. http://www.glassblowingtv.com/media/...raden_Hammond/ . Thanks to Glassblowing TV for building this online community. What a great place to share glass videos!
Old 2010-07-25, 1:37pm
glassblowing vj

were in the last few days of the contest, all entries are valid if uploaded by midnight on the 31st! good luck everyone!
Old 2010-07-29, 5:00pm
glassblowing vj

only about two days left in this months vid contest! we will announce the winner in this thread as soon as they are chosen! if you want to see the updated contest page, here is a link!http://www.glassblowingtv.com/index.php?view=contest
Old 2010-08-01, 8:52pm
glassblowing vj

july's contest winner was glasmagie! for her demonstration on glass butterflys! here is a link to the winner page!http://www.glassblowingtv.com/index....contest_winner thanks to everyone who submitted a video this month! good luck to everyone in august!
Old 2010-08-11, 8:32am
StudioMarcy

Do you have any suggestions for equipment for videoing? I want to try it some time, but don't know what to buy.
thanks,
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2010-08-25, 7:24pm
glassblowing vj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Do you have any suggestions for equipment for videoing? I want to try it some time, but don't know what to buy.
thanks,
Marcy
sorry i took so long to get back to you marcy, but in my opinion, it depends on how much of a perfectionist you are, if you want to just make a video that will get your point across, and show your technique, a basic camera with a pair of didydium glasses held in front of the lens will do fine for taping most glassworking videos. however, if you want to tape by yourself , or in high def, for whatever reason, you could spend thousands on just the camera, i would go with something basic, and most any digital video camera comes with some sort of video editing software. hope this helps!
Old 2010-08-25, 7:25pm
glassblowing vj

only five days left in august! as of right now, anyone who enters the contest will win, we need more people to participate, or we will not be able to continue this monthly contest,hope to see some takers!
Old 2010-08-31, 1:38pm
glassblowing vj

it is down to the wire in august! there is still time to upload your video untill midnight tonight ! we will post the winner in this thread as soon as they are chosen!
Old 2010-09-01, 11:03pm
glassblowing vj

OK,this months winner of the video contest was firelady 13 ! for her video on working in oxidizing and reducing flames! you can see the winners of the monthly contest here: http://www.glassblowingtv.com/index....contest_winner thanks again to everyone who entered the contest! and good luck next month!