Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-01-25, 6:45pm

Default Beads of Courage Gallery

I'm starting this as a spot for everyone to share beads they've sent to Beads of Courage, for inspiration. I'm hoping for it to be just a Gallery thread, not chit-chat so we can all just enjoy.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's work and sharing ideas visually.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-01-25, 9:02pm
Sucks at being nice

What a neat idea. I typically don't take pictures before I mail them but here are a few.

Last edited by jeepinwelch; 2015-11-17 at 11:14am.
Old 2010-01-26, 10:41am

Here are some batches of my own butterflies that I've sent in. The middle batch was wire wrapped before it went out.
Robert
Attached Images

Old 2010-01-26, 11:45am
Follow Your Art

Default Beautiful butterflies!

Robert, those are gorgeous butterflies!!! Is that butterfly cane? It is awesome! I need a tutorial on that!!!! Pleeeease!

Love it!

Lena

Lena
Follow Your Art
Old 2010-01-26, 12:10pm

The orange and pink butterflies are my own butterfly cane. Those are a bit complicated, though Loren Stump teaches a good class in making them. The others are copper enamel butterflies. There will be a tutorial on those in the next issue of The Bead Release.

Robert
Old 2010-01-28, 5:26pm

Default My first - but not last - donation

266 and more to come!

Old 2010-01-29, 6:41am

The big batch is from one of our Southern Flames BeadaThons and the little white holiday beads are a batch that I made last year.

Robert
Old 2010-01-29, 12:59pm
I speak Murrini!

Wow, such wonderful work you guys! I sent my first donation right before Christmas; I received a wonderful Certificate for my small contribution - it wasn't much, but the acknowledgment brought tears to my eyes!

I am so hopeful that these little fellas went to the kids in time for the holidays - and hopefully, brought smiles and courage to their darling little faces:

I especially LOVE everyone's work with the Butterflies!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-01-29, 3:19pm
Happy Beadmaker!

You guys are sooooo smart, I didn't even think to take a picture of the ones I sent! This year I will, promise!

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-30, 12:03pm

This was my last donation. Trying to make some butterflies this time. Hoping I can succeed!!

Old 2010-01-30, 1:39pm

Wow! That's a bunch o' beads! Thank you!

Robert
Old 2010-01-30, 2:08pm

lol...I think there was about 2,000 beads in that batch. It's amazing how many beads we create that we have in boxes. I was pretty shocked at it all. I have another shoebox full but haven't had time to go through them yet. I hope the kids like them.

Old 2010-02-03, 7:39am

These are the first two of a batch of special request sock monkey beads.

Robert
Old 2010-02-03, 2:36pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:

Robert
IRENE!!! I'm blown away...how amazing...and how generous! You are an angel!

And Robert - those sock monkey beads are just too cute! I love sock monkeys!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-02-03, 5:52pm

Fun sock monkeys, and I'm totally blown away by Reenie again!

Here's my January efforts, being packed up to send in tonight... Butterflies are primarily 96 veiled cane, love it for them.
Attached Images

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2010-02-07, 8:58pm
Remember to keep smiling

Default Bunnies are hopping to BOC kids

I'm a newbie when I found this thread I new I wanted to be a part of it. This is my first contribution to BOC but it want be my last

SRA#P109
Old 2010-02-07, 10:11pm

Quote:
I'm a newbie when I found this thread I new I wanted to be a part of it. This is my first contribution to BOC but it want be my last

OMG those are adorable. The kids are going to love those!!!!!

Old 2010-02-07, 10:12pm

Quote:
Fun sock monkeys, and I'm totally blown away by Reenie again!

Here's my January efforts, being packed up to send in tonight... Butterflies are primarily 96 veiled cane, love it for them.
Those are awesome butterflies! My wings are always to thin and just break. Same with my flower petals...PPP

Old 2010-02-07, 10:12pm

Quote:

Robert
OKay...just what I imagined in my head lol.
Those are great. What talent!

Old 2010-02-07, 11:33pm

Here are a couple that I did for beads of courage.

Old 2010-02-18, 12:18am
I'm meeeeelting

Going out tomorrow...

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2010-02-18, 9:20am
Does it come in purple?

Wow, great beads everyone! Felicia, I love the way you did your butterflies. Here's some I made for a local mom and her 18 month old daughter.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2010-02-18, 10:43am
Obsessed Blogger

Just. Wow.

Great butterflies and whimsy beads!!

::
Old 2010-02-18, 11:39am
I'm meeeeelting

Thanks, Fran. I adore your tree bead and I keep thinking about how clever it was to do your bunny with the ears "drawn on," instead of protruding, so that the bead will be sturdy.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2010-02-18 at 1:05pm.
Old 2010-02-18, 7:04pm
Does it come in purple?

Thanks Felicia. LOL I was thinking the same thing about your butterflies, they would be sturdy too. The butterflies would be great on a heart-shaped base bead.

Carlisle Hellcat, OGSI generator, propane
Old 2010-02-18, 10:45pm
Corgi Cult Member

These went in the mail Wed.

I had fun adding Jodie McDougall's (Glasswhimz) murrini to the purple hearts.

I make the sculptural butterflies out of boro, but decided to come up with a soft glass design for when I don't want to switch. I really think it takes as long to make one of these as a boro one because there are so many layers of dots.
They may be more wearable though.

Old 2010-02-18, 11:07pm
I'm meeeeelting

Love that last one!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2010-02-19, 7:20am

That's a very nice butterfly, Kathy. I like the faces on the hearts, too. I hadn't thought of that and have a ton of my own face cane in the studio.

Robert
Old 2010-02-19, 9:08pm

Here's the batch of test beads that I sent off in December that started my frit BOC challenge...
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-02-19, 11:45pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
lol...I think there was about 2,000 beads in that batch. It's amazing how many beads we create that we have in boxes. I was pretty shocked at it all. I have another shoebox full but haven't had time to go through them yet. I hope the kids like them.
I seriously think those beads multiply in the night. I keep finding boxes of them stashed away that I had forgotten about.

Great job Irene and everyone.

I individually zip-loc bagged about 25 red, purple and pink hearts with raised flowers. I should have taken a picture first. I'll take a picture of the box.

Planning to get it mailed tomorrow!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox