Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-07-15, 6:50am

Default BOC Frit Challenge

Hello All!

I have been hosting a challenge for BOC through my website (
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) to make frit beads. Here are the details:

Here is the general idea. If there are frits that you would like to try, I am setting up my website with a section just for samples for the TAM BOC Frit Challenge under each manufacturer heading. Look through the frits and select frits that you'd like to try out. I'll send you samples of those selected frits, and you make frit test beads with them. Anything that shows off the frit color. I've been using clear and white base glasses, but you can use whatever you feel works best for the frit being used, or if you want to see what happens with a certain base glass.

If I don't have a particular frit, I'll just holler at you and send you the rest.

I also carry heavy copper butterfly cutouts GREAT for BOC butterfly beads for the sculpturally challenged - there's a picture below (thanks Terry Henry of Terry Henry Glassworks!!!). You can get BOC samples of those as well!

Here's the kicker. You must send the beads that you made with the frit back to me. I'll add them to the collection from TAM to go to Beads of Courage. If you'd like to add a business card I'll keep it with your beads.

Now, for the artists: if you'd like, I would like to take pictures of your frit test beads to put on the pop-up page for the appropriate frit tested, as well as a link to your web page, etsy shop, 1000 Markets, Artfire, you name it - just give me the links you want. Free publicity!! If you just want your beads sent to BOC, just let me know. That's fine as well.

I'd like to keep this going for as long as we can, so I plan on having monthly prize drawings from among that months participants.

It's JULY, and time for a new prize to draw for. This month's prize will be 1 ounce each of Screaming Eagle, Loetz Blue-Green/Gold, Iris Gold Kugler and 0.5oz Z99 Purple Rose Special!!!

Remember, each time you order frit samples for the BOC frit challenge, your name gets entered. If you order only the BOC Frit Samples, I will refund your shipping to you via PayPal.

Kids need beads and lampworkers need frit!!!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-07-15, 9:38am
Live and Let Live

Took the challenge and ordered some samples!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-07-15, 11:11am
Obsessed Blogger

Cool idea Leslie! Can't wait for the frit beads to start pouring in. (is that a pun?)

::
Old 2010-07-15, 2:31pm

Quote:
Took the challenge and ordered some samples!
Lisa, your frits are on the way!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-07-16, 9:03pm
Maker of Famous Burn Gel

I love the frits I bought from you, Leslie...had to have the samples...will make me do some BOC beads...and you really don't have to reimburse the postage, but thank you!!
pat
Old 2010-07-17, 10:20am

Thank you, Pat! And thank you for doing the challenge!

There have been a ton of BOC frit samples going out over the last couple of days! We should have some very happy kiddos!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2010-07-17, 10:43am
Wicked Mean Redhead

Placed my order yesterday. I'm excited to try your frits.

Old 2010-07-17, 11:39am

Ordered mine last night! What a great and generous idea!

Old 2010-07-22, 7:52pm

Got my frit today (wow was that fast!) and have made a couple of beads. Can't wait to try the rest of what I ordered and I have no doubt I will order more! What a great way to help support BOC, you are awesome!

Old 2010-08-08, 12:44pm

What a great idea! I ordered some just now! Can't wait to play!

Hopefully what you get back will make you proud!

Old 2010-08-09, 10:11am
I'm kinda biz-EE

I just found this, how do I miss these things? Placed an order with you, thank you for such a generous offer! Frit is becoming my 'thing' more and more and I'd love to do some for BOC.

Old 2010-08-25, 1:59pm
Queen Tut ;)

Just placed an order, hope I'm not too late to do this challenge. Looking forward to helping BOC!

Old 2010-08-25, 6:31pm

Thanks, Jeanne! And you're never too late - I send off beads when my little box gets full! As long as you guys are interested in making BOC beads, I'll keep up this challenge.

Leslie
Frit Happens...